Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi3 Owners Thread - tips, tricks, updates and everything eles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

corwill wrote: »
    Mine came with MiUi 4.3.14, which is the developer's edition, and corresponds to Android 4.3.

The latest developers' edition is MiUi 4.8.22, which is Android 4.4.4. You should get weekly OTA updates thereafter, once you've updated to it, or so I understand.

Mine's MIUI 4.6.27 and on android 4.4.2......

Can this be updated? Haven't had any updates since i bought the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Colemania wrote: »
    Mine's MIUI 4.6.27 and on android 4.4.2......

Can this be updated? Haven't had any updates since i bought the phone

You might have to flash 4.8.22 to the phone yourself, I don't know with which version they introduced the OTA facility.

Go to the Updater app, bring up the menu and select "View available updates". If nothing shows up, then you'll need to flash 4.8.22 on to out yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You might have to flash 4.8.22 to the phone yourself, I don't know with which version they introduced the OTA facility.

Go to the Updater app, bring up the menu and select "View available updates". If nothing shows up, then you'll need to flash 4.8.22 on to out yourself.

Chances are it will update itself. I got updates after miui 4.7.12

Do I need to set up a Xiaomi account?

Do I need to set up a Xiaomi account?

Not sure, to be honest, I had set up one in any event, and I manually updated directly to 4.8.22.

• Advertisement

Not sure, to be honest, I had set up one in any event, and I manually updated directly to 4.8.22.

Just flashed 4.8.22 on to my phone without looking up the issues about the Google play store not working...... Now to try get this working!

Just flashed 4.8.22 on to my phone without looking up the issues about the Google play store not working...... Now to try get this working!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91887991&postcount=35

Turned on spotify earlier, then went to chrome to web-browse, and spotify stopped. Same with the stock music player, Play Music, and Podcast Republic when I tried to use another app.

Anyone else having this issue? I've seen some generalised grumbling here and there about multitasking, but I can't understand how it could be an issue with that powerful a processor and 2gb of ram.

Got it working eventually. Google play services has stopped and i just needed to restart the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 21 freelife2014

I am Chinese,When i get xiaomi3 ,xiaomi 4 is for sale
    So sad

• Advertisement

http://en.miui.com/thread-38194-1-1.html

MIUI 6 available this Friday by OTA. But only if you're on developer version 4.8.22
    There will be no more updates for miui 5.

http://en.miui.com/thread-38194-1-1.html

MIUI 6 available this Friday by OTA. But only if you're on developer version 4.8.22
    There will be no more updates for miui 5.

Glad to see it will be available OTA. I'll probably give it a few days or a week, no point in being an inadvertent beta tester.

Glad to see it will be available OTA. I'll probably give it a few days or a week, no point in being an inadvertent beta tester.

Weres the adventure in waiting.
    Wait till we follow the Philippines and have a fan club meet ;)

Weres the adventure in waiting.

I'm like a traumatised rescue dog just brought to a new home from the shelter, after some of my experiences with Samsung's "upgrades" over the last couple of years.
    Wait till we follow the Philippines and have a fan club meet ;)

Ah here, the Filipinos are a great bunch of lads and all, but that's a bit much!

Is it Friday yet??????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'm sure a quick Google and a bit of effort would be able to answer this for me but I'm busy in work so maybe one of you kind souls will answer instead. What is OTA? I've seen it mentioned a few times here over the past few days. Thanks.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I'm sure a quick Google and a bit of effort would be able to answer this for me but I'm busy in work so maybe one of you kind souls will answer instead. What is OTA? I've seen it mentioned a few times here over the past few days. Thanks.

Over-The-Air. The update gets pushed to you, with a request to accept the update, rather going looking for and perhaps installing it by flashing it to the phone.

Thanks for that.

Phone arrived this afternoon having been ordered just after midnight Tuesday. Very pleased with the speed.

So she's delighted with it so far. I haven't put my hands on it to check versions or anything but she's wondering what you all use to change yours? Did any of you use the charger that came with it? It looks to be rated for 100-240V so I guess you could.

Thanks for that.

Phone arrived this afternoon having been ordered just after midnight Tuesday. Very pleased with the speed.

So she's delighted with it so far. I haven't put my hands on it to check versions or anything but she's wondering what you all use to change yours? Did any of you use the charger that came with it? It looks to be rated for 100-240V so I guess you could.

came with a 2 pin plug

Thanks for that.

I've been alternating between an old iPhone charger and a Galaxy S3 charger. Just make sure to check output levels on any charger ye intend to use with those printed on what came in the box and you should be grand.

• Advertisement

I've been alternating between an old iPhone charger and a Galaxy S3 charger. Just make sure to check output levels on any charger ye intend to use with those printed on what came in the box and you should be grand.

I've actually just got a Chromecast and don't need the power supply. Just checked the output and is 5.1V 850mA whereas the one from the box is 5V 1000mA. I assume there'd be no harm seeing as the output current is less, it'd just be slower to charge?

I've actually just got a Chromecast and don't need the power supply. Just checked the output and is 5.1V 850mA whereas the one from the box is 5V 1000mA. I assume there'd be no harm seeing as the output current is less, it'd just be slower to charge?

I'd say it'd be grand* but slow.

*{insert disclaimer here!}

I'd say it'd be grand* but slow.

*{insert disclaimer here!}

Yeah just checked my S4 charger and it's 2A. I'll double check with a friend who's very good electrically. Might pick up a universal one with the same output.

Yeah just checked my S4 charger and it's 2A. I'll double check with a friend who's very good electrically. Might pick up a universal one with the same output.

Wouldn't use the S4 charger with that output, if nothing else it'll shorten the battery's lifespan.

Wouldn't use the S4 charger with that output, if nothing else it'll shorten the battery's lifespan.

Yeah wasn't sure about that so just rang my friend. He's of the opinion that it'd be grand because it'll only take what current it can, that voltage is all you've to be worried about.

The S4 charger is for my phone anyway but in case it needs to be used at any stage, he says it's grand.

Turned on spotify earlier, then went to chrome to web-browse, and spotify stopped. Same with the stock music player, Play Music, and Podcast Republic when I tried to use another app.

Anyone else having this issue? I've seen some generalised grumbling here and there about multitasking, but I can't understand how it could be an issue with that powerful a processor and 2gb of ram.

Well, at least it's not just me - http://en.miui.com/thread-30319-1-1.html. Hopefully MiUi 6 will sort it out, I'll probably update to it straight away after all.

Has anyone else on here experienced this issue at all?

Was just about to post here saying I was trying to update/install apps and kept getting a message saying 'Unfortunately The Android Process Media Has Stopped' and basically asking how to fix it.

Turns out you have to go to the downloads app and disable xunlei download engine.

Just thought I'd put it up here if anyone comes across this problem

whats the ampage on the mi3 charger?

whats the ampage on the mi3 charger?

Pretty sure it's 1A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

I'm having some trouble.

I want to take a photo with the volume button, bypassing the lock screen when pressed. I've binded the key to the camera, but it only works once the camera app has been opened. There are one or two apps I've found which do this, but they also do various other things I'm not interested in/waste battery.

Advertisement