Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi3 Owners Thread - tips, tricks, updates and everything eles

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭unaaine

My fault. had checked for update.zip file on the phone through the laptop and it seemed fine. But when I checked the SD card through the folders app on the phone it was actually named update.zip.zip. Obviously I should have ust renamed it update. So I've flashed to the latest version and fingers crossed, so far everything seems fine, if anything it's snappier. And the first sound was notifications from viber and FB. There are a few more chinese apps installed, assist & mi market but the others seem to be working ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

unaaine wrote: »
    My fault. had checked for update.zip file on the phone through the laptop and it seemed fine. But when I checked the SD card through the folders app on the phone it was actually named update.zip.zip. Obviously I should have ust renamed it update. So I've flashed to the latest version and fingers crossed, so far everything seems fine, if anything it's snappier. And the first sound was notifications from viber and FB. There are a few more chinese apps installed, assist & mi market but the others seem to be working ok.

Same thing happened to me, originally was just going to rename to update but thought it would be smarter to follow the instructions.

I noticed after updating that certain icons are now missing...backup,video and password. Did you loose these too or maybe its specific to the global rom I installed.

spix wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me, originally was just going to rename to update but thought it would be smarter to follow the instructions.

I noticed after updating that certain icons are now missing...backup,video and password. Did you loose these too or maybe its specific to the global rom I installed.

The systems folder is missing a couple of icons, can't find backup alright. Wasn't overly familiar with what was there beforehand. But most annoyingly the Playstore is not now working. I'm getting no connection retry error message. Have followed all sorts of fixes online and nothing seems to work. Am now thinking about installing an earlier update to see if this fixes it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The systems folder is missing a couple of icons, can't find backup alright. Wasn't overly familiar with what was there beforehand. But most annoyingly the Playstore is not now working. I'm getting no connection retry error message. Have followed all sorts of fixes online and nothing seems to work. Am now thinking about installing an earlier update to see if this fixes it.

Go through the MI Market for Google play. I've linked to it earlier in the thread. You need to download the Google framework.
    I'm having no problems with notifications and app updates from Google play.

• Advertisement

Go through the MI Market for Google play. I've linked to it earlier in the thread. You need to download the Google framework.
    I'm having no problems with notifications and app updates from Google play.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I did all that, probably following your link. Google installer -> google play then install the framework. Still doesn't work. Have cleared data and cache on Play services and play but it still doesn't work!

Yeah I'm pretty sure I did all that, probably following your link. Google installer -> google play then install the framework. Still doesn't work. Have cleared data and cache on Play services and play but it still doesn't work!

Definitely connected to Wifi/mobile data?

Definitely connected to Wifi/mobile data?

Definitely. Browser working, am receiving push notifications etc.

Have you logged the your Google account

Definitely. Browser working, am receiving push notifications etc.

A factory reset should fix it, probably some google files left over from before the update that are interfering.

http://webcazine.com/11194/how-to-factory-reset-a-xiaomi-mi-3/

• Advertisement

Have you logged the your Google account

Am receiving my gmails..

A factory reset should fix it, probably some google files left over from before the update that are interfering.

//webcazine.com/11194/how-to-factory-reset-a-xiaomi-mi-3/[/url]

Happened to be in a chinese shop on Moore street recently getting an old samsung fixed up for my son and when the guy saw the mi3 he said that whatever else I did with it I should not do a factory reset as he had someone come to him recently who did this and wiped everything. The phone was ruined. Now maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about, but as I certainly don't I'd be very reluctant to do a factory reset myself.

Happened to be in a chinese shop on Moore street recently getting an old samsung fixed up for my son and when the guy saw the mi3 he said that whatever else I did with it I should not do a factory reset as he had someone come to him recently who did this and wiped everything. The phone was ruined. Now maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about, but as I certainly don't I'd be very reluctant to do a factory reset myself.

It's fine... I did it after updating and most people recommend it. It simply resets everything back to default as if you just turned on the phone for the first time.

Ok. Playstore working now and I also re-installed any apps that weren't. Basically I uninstalled & then re-installed Google installer, google framework and then play. I've done this once or twice before but no luck til now. I am wondering however if there's a chance that I didn't correctly install all of the framework options properly as the screens move so quickly there's a possibility i hit cancel accidentally. That's the only thing I can come up with. But anyway it's working now. For the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just updated to 4.9.12, no changes that I've noticed so far. The change log on the official forum, like most threads on there, is as informative as reading tea leaves.

Would anyone be interested in buying this mi3? Save me the hassle of sending it back to China. 16gb/black, still has factory screen protector on.

I've tested every other function of the phone and they all work fine. Speakers sounds great too, but it's slightly glitchy every time it activates/deactivates which is not very often if you disable touch sounds. Makes a noticeable pop noise, kind of like turning an amplifier off. It's not extremely loud and might not hear it unless in quiet environment.

Would anyone be interested in buying this mi3? Save me the hassle of sending it back to China. 16gb/black, still has factory screen protector on.

I've tested every other function of the phone and they all work fine. Speakers sounds great too, but it's slightly glitchy every time it activates/deactivates which is not very often if you disable touch sounds. Makes a noticeable pop noise, kind of like turning an amplifier off. It's not extremely loud and might not hear it unless in quiet environment.

What rom are you on?

What rom are you on?

The phone came with sellers modified version of 14.0, upgraded to official global version 23.0 but problem persists.

The phone came with sellers modified version of 14.0, upgraded to official global version 23.0 but problem persists.

Maybe a rom issue. Try the miui Dev rom. I'm not getting the problems you're having.

Maybe a rom issue. Try the miui Dev rom. I'm not getting the problems you're having.

Pretty sure it's hardware related. Done some research and its happened to other phones such as the htc one, only way to fix it was getting a replacement. Might not bother everyone but its still a fault.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it's hardware related. Done some research and its happened to other phones such as the htc one, only way to fix it was getting a replacement. Might not bother everyone but its still a fault.

You're probably right, but you might as well try the dev ROM, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

How much do you want for it?

The latest Dev rom update is available. 4.9.14

The latest Dev rom update is available. 4.9.14

It's just a small fix for MiCloud, a bug snuck in with 4.9.12.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Does anyone here use the MiCloud service? Is there any benefits to it?

fixxxer wrote: »
    Does anyone here use the MiCloud service? Is there any benefits to it?

My google account takes care of contacts back-up, and I use Dropbox for cloud storage of pics and docs, so I didn't bother with it.

I don't know about everyone else, but this is pretty huge imho:

http://en.miui.com/thread-44244-2-1.html
    [ROM]Leak of AOSP for Mi3W. Fully working. 43k Antutu. No bugs. Xiaomi kernel!

Xiaomi leak theirs AOSP for Mi3. It is not CM. it is AOSP, without themes etc. Roms is really great 43k in Antutu. No bugs. orks really fast and smooth. Battery life as in V6.
    As you understand it was made with Xiaomi kernel of course.http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ... rom-leaked-t2876646
    There are only two languages in this rom: English and Chinese.TIP
    Change Language in English
    You must set developer option and then you can select english
    Change Language in Italian/Spanish and others
    Install Morelocale 2...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-3/general/aosp-rom-leaked-t2876646

I'll be giving this a twirl ASAP. Might be the weekend, though, my laptop is on the fritz.

So I finally sat down to go about flashing my Mi3, and my n00bness has led me to fall shortly past the first hurdle. I put CWM Recovery on and did a nandroid backup. I hooked up the Mi3 to my pc and I can't for the life of me find where the nandroid backup file is, so I can copy it over. I expected to see a clockwordmod folder or something like that, but not a sausage. Anyone have any pointers for me, please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

corwill wrote: »
    So I finally sat down to go about flashing my Mi3, and my n00bness has led me to fall shortly past the first hurdle. I put CWM Recovery on and did a nandroid backup. I hooked up the Mi3 to my pc and I can't for the life of me find where the nandroid backup file is, so I can copy it over. I expected to see a clockwordmod folder or something like that, but not a sausage. Anyone have any pointers for me, please?

No Mi3 yet for me, but my backups went into a folder called Clockworkmod on the root of my SD card. Worked like that when I was running MiUi too so it should be the same. I know the Mi3 doesn't have an SD slot so try another backup maybe? Even checking on the phones file manager to ensure its there

Edit no. 2 :pac: same story on the MiPad, which actually is a Xiaomi device.

You're certain you're rooted too? A proper backup could take 10 or 20 minutes

Advertisement