Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamie Spencer

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Uturn.. Not retiring, gonna keep riding!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Nothing more than a publicity stunt. I expect that when Frank is twiddling his thumbs with not much else to do in 2015, apart from getting a cheque every month from the Qataris, he'll announce his return to the saddle - to the chagrin of every punter up and down the land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

I don't think anyone will be too surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Terrible news for punters. Absolute blight on the sport!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Two rides today - I take it that when he said he's retiring, he meant the end of the year, not the end of the season? Can't help but think he might have a change of heart yet.
    I did feckin' call it!

Seriously though, the fact that he has the ride on Toast, surely that alone should persuade him to give it another year. Toast will go to Dubai and win big yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

He is a joke of a jockey and a man

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=550123&lid=&raceid=&title=Spencer+in+retirement+U-turn&ref=PA+Racing+Feed&nav=&sub=&day=Mon

"He appreciates that riding is what makes me happy"

Just like Hayley Turner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Plenty of comments being removed on the Racing Post website. Seems as if most people were glad to be seeing the back of him.

Advertisement