Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Is there anyone on forum here using 3 (old o2) with oneplus one and MMS works for them?
    I cannot get it going and it is frustrating when someone attempts to send an mms.

I wouldn't mind seeing your settings if anyone could oblige, thanks :)

Honestly, how many people still use MMS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Is there anyone on forum here using 3 (old o2) with oneplus one and MMS works for them?
    I cannot get it going and it is frustrating when someone attempts to send an mms.

I wouldn't mind seeing your settings if anyone could oblige, thanks :)

I'm on tesco (the old o2 network) and haven't managed to get it working despite checking and updating the APN from the tesco website. I know other people on tesco who also can't get mms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I got it, but am after losing 4G now from messing with apns...
    I'll soldier on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I'm on tesco (the old o2 network) and haven't managed to get it working despite checking and updating the APN from the tesco website. I know other people on tesco who also can't get mms

I thought it was just me who was hitting the Tesco MMS issue? When someone sends you an MMS does it keep turning on your data and trying to download it but never succeeds? Then after about 24-48 hours it just gives up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok trying to figure this out
    On Resurrection Remix ROM and on nougat latest version. Travelling around the country soon and using phone as Maps. Have google maps and Here we go apps installed. However phone keeps on locking and screen goes off when driving. So have to use pin to get back in. How can I stop it from going into sleep mode so it stays awake for the length of my journey?
    Probably simple but I cannot see it?
    Cheers

Anyone know of a place to get screen and digitizer fixed in Dublin for one plus one living on the north side so preferably shop in city centre or northside

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone know of a place to get screen and digitizer fixed in Dublin for one plus one living on the north side so preferably shop in city centre or northside

Cheers
    Id say buy it yourself and watch a few Youtube videos, its easy. If not bring the parts to any of the Chinese or Indian/Pakistani guys up around Moore St if they dont have them in stock already, there should be no issues. Aliexpress and Chinese delivery times in general are fairly chronic these days so worth a walk around Moore street to inquire about stock first.

I was looking for an old email from work today and I found my first Oneplus invite, 3 years ago now I got this phone and it has been completely flawless from day one despite dogs abuse from the day I got it, still perfect battery (Exodus Rom), perfect screen (smashed and replaced by me once), perfect camera, zero slowdown, perfect wifi hotspot, great sound, fell off a boat into a river once, been soaked on the bike a load of times, been all over the world and it still plays every new game and app I throw at it with zero complaint, its a work phone and my main gaming/browsing device and its literally never let me down once. It has to be the best thing I ever bought by a country mile and by far the biggest bargain. I know people who have spent thousands on phones in the time since I bought this for €300. If it got stolen tomorrow Id just buy another one without bothering looking at other options, its as good as phones can get in my opinion.

Still taking great pics aswell, heres a few from yesterday:

94qguLR.png

WK4zBqG.png

iVW3w1L.png

m1sFdNY.png

JEFtYt1.png

MPY9Qqy.png

• Advertisement

Has anyone got a recommendation for a replacement battery? Mine has started acting up in the last few days, it still makes it to the end of the day but its not as good as it was. A lot of crap out there it seems.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Just pushed the button and ordered a One Plus 5. Does anyone know if I'd get decent money for my One? It's in generally good condition though has been overheating a bit lately and the battery is suffering too. The original charger and cable are gone but I've always had case and a tempered glass protector on it and I have two spare protectors too. Is it worth selling anywhere or should I just keep it in the drawer as a spare phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just pushed the button and ordered a One Plus 5. Does anyone know if I'd get decent money for my One? It's in generally good condition though has been overheating a bit lately and the battery is suffering too. The original charger and cable are gone but I've always had case and a tempered glass protector on it and I have two spare protectors too. Is it worth selling anywhere or should I just keep it in the drawer as a spare phone?

I flashed the latest oxygen on mine (had a custom Rom on it) and got €150 for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is that the latest version as in lollipop or were you able to get the nougat version that's on the 5 and 3T on it?

No the official stock lollipop

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone got a recommendation for a replacement battery? Mine has started acting up in the last few days, it still makes it to the end of the day but its not as good as it was. A lot of crap out there it seems.
    Ach Im an idiot, Google Services and Play services had started keeping the phone awake again and using the radio, blocked all their permissions again and my problems went away, went to bed last night with 56% charge still on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Thargor wrote:
    Ach Im an idiot, Google Services and Play services had started keeping the phone awake again and using the radio, blocked all their permissions again and my problems went away, went to bed last night with 56% charge still on the phone.

What and where do you turn off ? Cheers

Ive been on Exodus rom so long Im not even sure what other roms look like but if you go into Settings>Battery and look at the list of apps that drain your battery you should be able to click on them and in the screen where you can force stop/clear cache etc there should be an option to modify permissions, this screen is also found in App Info, look for options like Wake Up and Keep Awake and deny them if the app is using them a load (this can mess with some apps obviously). A bad sign would be something like Keep Awake being used 129,856 times and last use 0 minutes ago, thats a sure sign of a battery waster.

Should have mentioned its processes not just apps, Google services and play services seem to drain a lot of battery across a lot of OPO roms for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Thargor, where were those pictures taken ? It looks beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

If I am not mistaken it is Lough Tay in Wicklow aka The Guinness Lake.

It is where they shoot the series Vikings.

Great spin on the bike.

Yep, thats Lough Tay, Bray>Kilmaconague>Sally Gap>Enniskerry>Bray is my preferred loop for burning the calories. Council have destroyed one of the nicest cycling roads in the country with loose chippings now though.

Ok an old thread

Have this a while and use it as back up. However put a Sim Card in and it would not read but when I use it in Samsung works ok. Its not a micro sim and tried everything but no joy and can see on the intraweb some people have had issues but cannot find a fix.

Anyone ever had this problem and any suggestions for trying to get Sim working?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Ok an old thread

Have this a while and use it as back up. However put a Sim Card in and it would not read but when I use it in Samsung works ok. Its not a micro sim and tried everything but no joy and can see on the intraweb some people have had issues but cannot find a fix.

Anyone ever had this problem and any suggestions for trying to get Sim working?

Yeah like you I still use the OPO as a backup phone and had some problems getting the sim read when I used a sim adaptor for my nano sim. A bit of fiddling and the application of some cellotape solved it for me last time IIRC.

Yeah I have a small sliver of plastic jammed in my sim tray to keep it in contact, they get loose.

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah I have a small sliver of plastic jammed in my sim tray to keep it in contact, they get loose.

So the gold part facing up and did you put plastic/sellotape under this as it seems to be getting loose. Going to try and mess around over the weekend to try and get it to connect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

So the gold part facing up and did you put plastic/sellotape under this as it seems to be getting loose. Going to try and mess around over the weekend to try and get it to connect

I can't recall which way is "up" but you'll be able to figure it out from the shape of the sim and there should be a little icon stamped on the tray showing you what the correct orientation is.

Just be careful if you're going to use cellotape as it can get snagged inside the phone and tear off leaving you with a nasty little problem of trying to extract it. Either do a neat job with no wrinkles / lose ends or use something else which is less likely to get snagged such as a piece of (thin) cardboard the same shape as the sim card to lay underneath/on top (depending on the correct orientation) the sim in the tray thus gently "pushing" the contact points against the receptors in the phone and making a solid connection.

Cheers wont try the cellotape option

Time to find an old Cereal box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dropped my one plus one last night and the touch screen no longer works. Wondering if there is anywhere in Dublin CC that would have the part to fix it? And what it might cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dropped my one plus one last night and the touch screen no longer works. Wondering if there is anywhere in Dublin CC that would have the part to fix it? And what it might cost

The original one plus one? Maybe one of the Chinese fellows might sort it also you can send it too them and they can fix it afaik... Or I've a one plus one you can have for 80 quid very well looked after you can either swap the screen or use it up too u

Advertisement