Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Recently been running into my first every problem with the OPO. Touchscreen has been a disaster at times with ghosts taps and non responsiveness. Sick of rebooting and hoping for the best. Any advice for me?

Disable 'Double tap to wake' and 'Ambient display'. This resolved all the issues I was having with the screen. I was having issues waking the screen, pinch zooming, scrolling..

This fixed all of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Danger781 wrote: »
    Disable 'Double tap to wake' and 'Ambient display'. This resolved all the issues I was having with the screen. I was having issues waking the screen, pinch zooming, scrolling..

This fixed all of those.

I'll try that cheers. I have been having problems with ghost touched and general unresponsiveness. They released a 'fix' recently (here) but I'm already running Oxegen OS so not sure if it will be of any use. Opened a ticket with them to get info on how to do it with a Mac so will try it if your suggestion doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Disabling 'Double tap to wake' and 'Ambient display' fixed the problem to a certain extent for me - however the screen is still slow and unresponsive to type on, and constantly clicks something rather than scrolling. Certainly not what you expect from what claims to be a premium phone

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Recently been running into my first every problem with the OPO. Touchscreen has been a disaster at times with ghosts taps and non responsiveness. Sick of rebooting and hoping for the best. Any advice for me?

Are you using a case by any chance? I was having really bad problems with ghost taps and non responsiveness, especially at the lock screen when putting in my pattern, would have to reboot 3 or 4 times a day sometimes. Took off the case (light clear plastic orzly one) a week ago and so far so good. The only other problem with the screen I find is it often doesn't register a 't' when typing quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i am the latest nightly mokee and andorid optimising apps every time i reboot very annoying any fix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Give Exodus a try
    Im trying to install a custom bootloader, I had one before no problems but it got replaced by Cyanogen Recovery during an update, but whenever I try to do this step:
    Once you are in fastboot mode type fastboot flash recovery and press spacebar, then drag the twrp_2.x.x.x.img into the command window, press enter to flash.

All I get is the error "neither -p product specified nor ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT set"

Has anyone ever seen that before or know whats going on, nothing I try will let me instal a custom recovery, Im on CM12, fully updated.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Disabling 'Double tap to wake' and 'Ambient display' fixed the problem to a certain extent for me - however the screen is still slow and unresponsive to type on, and constantly clicks something rather than scrolling. Certainly not what you expect from what claims to be a premium phone

Yea it isn't a definitive fix. It didn't work for me.

Scrolling is slow, typing is a disaster. Sometimes the screen takes forever to turn on.

If you look on the oneplus forums you'll see the touchscreen defects are well documented.

Really, really annoying. They need to fix it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

It weird how the problem seems to be happening to everyone at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Prior to the lollipop release I was used to have the time, battery percentage, network signal and wireless signal on the top right corner of the screen, all other notifications on the top left right corner regardless if I am using the phone or when the screen is locked, after the update I have all the stuff on the top right corner but for the top left corner the notifications appear only when I am using the phone, when the screen is locked I have the name of my network operator only, anyway to change that?

Edit: I have another weird issue, prior to lollipop my phone was rooted and I changed the DPI so I was able to fit more folders/apps in each screen, since the release of lollipop my phone is no longer rooted and I really don't want to go through the hassle of rooting anymore, that means that I lost the DPI and some apps/folders have disappeared from the main screen , most of them are available anyway so it's just a matter of dragging them to where I want and voila, the only folder that is gone and that I can't find is the google folder with all the google apps, I would love to have it back, I went to file manager/android/data and I can find the file com.google.android.apps.docs however I don't know how to bring it back to my screen, any help will be more than appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Seem to be havery what I consider poor battery life anybody else have poor battery pics of stats included he phone I've used for a period of ten mins to check one or two things before I put my sim in to use it as a phone so this is why I think it's draining quicker than it should as it's llying idle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

nanook5 wrote: »

What problem ? All good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

blobbie wrote: »

Also having no issues at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

0 issues here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Zero issues here too

Exodus is very slick, every time I use it I find something else I like about it, cant fault it at all so far, will see how the battery behaves over the next couple of days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

sorry i know I've asked a few times and i've tried the disabling some settings and resetting the phone but i'm still having the touchscreen issues on 2 different phones.

Can someone point me to what i need to do to flash a/the fix.

I've never done any flashing or rooting before so a complete noobs guide would be very much appreciated before i hop both phone off the ground in frustration.

Thanks

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

eoinf wrote: »
    sorry i know I've asked a few times and i've tried the disabling some settings and resetting the phone but i'm still having the touchscreen issues on 2 different phones.

Can someone point me to what i need to do to flash a/the fix.

I've never done any flashing or rooting before so a complete noobs guide would be very much appreciated before i hop both phone off the ground in frustration.

Thanks

Eoin

I was having this issue the other day, I haven't changed any settings. But I read (possible on here) that some had an issue with a case causing problems. I took me case off and cleaned the inside aswell as around the edge of the screen on the silver part and it seems to have done the trick for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Meanaspie wrote: »
    I was having this issue the other day, I haven't changed any settings. But I read (possible on here) that some had an issue with a case causing problems. I took me case off and cleaned the inside aswell as around the edge of the screen on the silver part and it seems to have done the trick for me

no case on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

My battery dies when its 1/4 looks like I need a new one, where is the best place to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

blobbie wrote: »

I was basing my sentence on feedback from people on this thread and the OPO forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

No screen problems here.

Fact, no problems with the hardware ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I was basing my sentence on feedback from people on this thread and the OPO forum :)

Its a support thread, the OPO forum is a support forum, it's where people go to get help with issues. Go to the Apple forum you'll see lots of people with lots of common issues, it doesn't mean the vast majority aren't happy with their devices.
    Thargor wrote: »
    Exodus is very slick, every time I use it I find something else I like about it, cant fault it at all so far, will see how the battery behaves over the next couple of days...

It's the most perfect Rom I've ever come across and I'm using custom Roms on different devices for years. I can't find a single complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I'm very happy with mine but I have avoided upgrading to cm12. I realise not everyone has issues with it but if I was one of the few it would really irritate me.

I am considering exodus though, I will read up on how to install over the week and probably do it at the weekend.

It's the most perfect Rom I've ever come across and I'm using custom Roms on different devices for years. I can't find a single complaint
    Some big names and CVs on the dev team, its a lot like a commercial product.

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The touchscreen issue appears to be related to heat.

The speaker on mine just died today too. Can't hear anyone on a call. Incredibly annoying, and also OnePlus support is probably the worst support process I have ever come across. They are absolutely hopeless. I guess that's what you just have to accept from a small operation though.

I like the phone though, othrewise I'd have ditched it ages ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Seems the OnePlus 2 will be packing a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1. Hope they have the overheating issues for that chipset sorted. I take it this means the next version of Oxygen OS will be 64bit?

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-cpu-qualcomm-snapdragon-810-v2-1.316786/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Seems the OnePlus 2 will be packing a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 v2.1. Hope they have the overheating issues for that chipset sorted. I take it this means the next version of Oxygen OS will be 64bit?

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-2-cpu-qualcomm-snapdragon-810-v2-1.316786/

At least they reference the heating issues in the link but my worry is they'll just throttle the chip to deal with the overheating (not a great solution if you want to use the phone for intensive tasks in the long term).
    Fingers crossed v2.1 of the 810 is a lot better than the previous versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

awec wrote: »
    The touchscreen issue appears to be related to heat.

The speaker on mine just died today too. Can't hear anyone on a call. Incredibly annoying, and also OnePlus support is probably the worst support process I have ever come across. They are absolutely hopeless. I guess that's what you just have to accept from a small operation though.

I like the phone though, othrewise I'd have ditched it ages ago. :(
    Seems heat related to me too - does anyone know of any fix which doesn't involve rooting or flashing a different ROM (I can't do this due to my job). I have turned off ambient display and double tap to wake, removed my case which seems to have stopped the phantom touches but typing a message can still be a nightmare, slow and laggy

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭pedatron

Anybody using a pebble time with their OnePlus? Patiently waiting for mine to come in the post and it's actually killing me waiting for it! :/

• Advertisement

I've used the original Pebble with the OPO yes. I presume you were a backer on Kickstarter since you're getting the Time so early?

Advertisement