Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I only installed Exodus last night. So just getting my phone back to the way I want it. Hard to put my finger on anything in specific, but it does feel better, snappier and less issues overall, so glad I did it.

Is there anything else I should install/change or be doing now that I've joined the Exodus world?

Cheers

You can look at Xposed modules:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/g...-alpha.276212/

I haven't got my head fully around them yet but mass_debater posted some info about them on the last couple of pages. I also changed the screen back to vibrant because I thought it looked a little washed out when it was reset during the Exodus install.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey pal!
    When you went to Exodus, did you do a clean install?
    Start from fresh or bring a backup with you?

Thanks

Yeah I did a completely fresh install. Most of my stuff was already backed up on the cloud or wasn't really important so I just started completely clean.

AFAIK most people recommend that you do a completely fresh install. You have to unlock the bootloader to use custom roms so unless you have done that before, it will wipe your data anyway.

Although you should make a nandroid backup just in case anything goes wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Regards the phone running smoother on Exodus, there's alot to be said for a clean install of anything! Don't get me wrong I'm on that rom myself and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah I did a completely fresh install. Most of my stuff was already backed up on the cloud or wasn't really important so I just started completely clean.

AFAIK most people recommend that you do a completely fresh install. You have to unlock the bootloader to use custom roms so unless you have done that before, it will wipe your data anyway.

Although you should make a nandroid backup just in case anything goes wrong :)

I am already good to go for the most part :)

I am using the CM12.1 nightlies, so am unlocked and have the latest TWRP.

Only thing I don't have is a nandroid backup, so I might make one, though I haven't done this in years as was never that concerned, but might be handy to have in case anything goes wrong :D

I was going to do a fresh install of the latest CM nightly, but I'm sick of CM to be honest, so might give Exodus a go!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭listermint

awec wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the solution of opening the phone and insulating the digitizer to fix the touch issues?

Ive had my phone apart twice because i smashed the screen twice.

I have no touch screen issues at all. And i never 'insulated' the digitizer. If its not meant to be in there dont put it in there. Tolerances are very very very slim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What Gapps are you guys using with your custom ROMs?

I've TK Gapps for 5.1.1 downloaded, anyone using these? :)

Thanks

I used BaNkS-dynamic-gapps-L-6-6-15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Anyone
    Have any spare screen savers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Dropped. Screen ****ed.

Anyone get it repaired locally or do it them self?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

eoinf wrote: »
    Dropped. Screen ****ed.

Anyone get it repaired locally or do it them self?

I sent my wife's phone back to one plus the cost Inc DHL was €147 took ten days got a brand new one plus one Back, i was going to fix it myself but I'd have voided my warranty and plus no guarantee that there was no other damage to the phone other than a cracked screen and digitizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

All of my problems seemed to go away after disabling ambient display. I was having issues unlocking, using pinch to zoom, getting my screen to wake up.. All has been fine since

Doesn't make sense but I'm not going to question it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Starting to act up for me again now,not downloading mp3 files from particular players,sometimes it works after 10 attempts.The reason I need to download them for playback in a local player is because it sporadically skips through parts when I stream straight from sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I lost my root after upgrading to 5.0.2, I found a new super SU zip file that I downloaded but now I can't access TWRP main page when I reboot and hold volume down, instead I get a Cyanogen recovery page :mad:, any help will be more than appreciated :)

alwald wrote: »
    I lost my root after upgrading to 5.0.2, I found a new super SU zip file that I downloaded but now I can't access TWRP main page when I reboot and hold volume down, instead I get a Cyanogen recovery page :mad:, any help will be more than appreciated :)

You can enable root in developer options. Its built-in.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    You can enable root in developer options. Its built-in.

I can't find this option, how can I do it?

I can't find this option, how can I do it?

Enable developer options first by going to settings - about phone and tap the build number 7 times. You should see root access on the list.

Enable developer options first by going to settings - about phone and tap the build number 7 times. You should see root access on the list.

Developer options is well enabled but I can't see the root access on the list, I checked few videos and I can see the option on those videos but not on my phone, strange and annoying at the same time :mad:. thanks for the help.

Developer options is well enabled but I can't see the root access on the list, I checked few videos and I can see the option on those videos but not on my phone, strange and annoying at the same time :mad:. thanks for the help.

Have a read of this:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/109317-no-root-acces-after-update-to-cm12/

You'll have to start by installing twrp again anyway.

Have a read of this:

Will that erase the content of the phone?

Will that erase the content of the phone?

Shouldn't, check that the bootloader is still unlocked though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Hi

Has anyone picked up a case for their phone in Dublin or seen one in any of the shops?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I feel like a change, whats generally regarded as the best ROM to have on the OPO at the minute? Currently on CM11 stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Thargor wrote: »
    I feel like a change, whats generally regarded as the best ROM to have on the OPO at the minute? Currently on CM11 stock.

Give Exodus a try

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Have a read of this:

Sentient 6,

I'm on 12.0-YNG1TAS17L and I've two annoying problems:-

1. No matter what settings I choose on my lockscreen (with the exception of choosing "none" as the security setting) all inbound calls result in a popup notification on the lockscreen which requires a double tap to clear before the traditional phone app slider is presented for answering or declining the call. This means that in order to answer a call I first have to identify which of the notifications currently on the lockscreen relate to the inbound call and then it takes three keystrokes to answer or decline the call. It's absolutely cracking me up.

2. I get intermittent screen freeze for 10-15 seconds from time to time. It seems to happen mostly when using the Hangouts app but it does happen on other apps also.

I was wondering can I use the CyanDelta Updater app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyandelta&hl=en to simply update to the latest nightly as that might erase the two problems I'm experiencing. Is this a runner? My phone is rooted with TWRP installed.

I'd hate to have to reinstall all my apps and launcher settings etc but if necessary I could do a Nadroid backup and reconfigure my launcher, it would be worth it to get rid of these two annoying problems in what is otherwise the best phone I've ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

how much is this now 320 delivered? what kind of condition is the software on the phone these days and is it worth buying still?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Nolars wrote: »
    how much is this now 320 delivered? what kind of condition is the software on the phone these days and is it worth buying still?

OnePlus Two due out this summer. I wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Danger781 wrote: »

It's a lot more expensive, the One is still great value

Sentient 6,

I'm on 12.0-YNG1TAS17L and I've two annoying problems:-

1. No matter what settings I choose on my lockscreen (with the exception of choosing "none" as the security setting) all inbound calls result in a popup notification on the lockscreen which requires a double tap to clear before the traditional phone app slider is presented for answering or declining the call. This means that in order to answer a call I first have to identify which of the notifications currently on the lockscreen relate to the inbound call and then it takes three keystrokes to answer or decline the call. It's absolutely cracking me up.

2. I get intermittent screen freeze for 10-15 seconds from time to time. It seems to happen mostly when using the Hangouts app but it does happen on other apps also.

I was wondering can I use the CyanDelta Updater app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cyandelta&hl=en to simply update to the latest nightly as that might erase the two problems I'm experiencing. Is this a runner? My phone is rooted with TWRP installed.

I'd hate to have to reinstall all my apps and launcher settings etc but if necessary I could do a Nadroid backup and reconfigure my launcher, it would be worth it to get rid of these two annoying problems in what is otherwise the best phone I've ever owned.

The call thing is very strange. Back up your contacts, messages, and photos and do a fresh install, it'll be worth the pain! Apps can be re downloaded. Far as I know cyandelta only works to update between nightlies. You could install the latest CM nightly but I recommend Exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Danger781 wrote: »

Ya how much wil lit be tho and will it have the annoying invite system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Recently been running into my first every problem with the OPO. Touchscreen has been a disaster at times with ghosts taps and non responsiveness. Sick of rebooting and hoping for the best. Any advice for me?

Advertisement