Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year off topic 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Velvet Daffy

Me or?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Yeah I think he means you, I'm not getting a laptop :P

Dad's looking. Any ould one would do though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

EoghanIRL wrote: »

done and done :D bring it on.

i was hoping for a new laptop for my birthday, but i doubt i'm getting one to be honest. guess i'm gonna have to save up for one, should have the money by the end of 1st year.

also had a tour of the boole library, it's intimidation and legendary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AoifeFaa

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Circle of hatred. Jesus you two are friends and geniuses too, what a combination :P

Ha, just from reading these posts, I get the impression you guys are going to be partners in crime. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

AoifeFaa wrote: »
    Ha, just from reading these posts, I get the impression you guys are going to be partners in crime. :P

Join the crime :P

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Join the crime :P

Always. Especially when there are cookies involved :P

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    done and done :D bring it on.

i was hoping for a new laptop for my birthday, but i doubt i'm getting one to be honest. guess i'm gonna have to save up for one, should have the money by the end of 1st year.

also had a tour of the boole library, it's intimidation and legendary

Sounds Awesome! Congratz :D. Was it amazing? Did you find any secret doors - like in the movies? - I'd really like for that to be a thing. :P

Sounds Awesome! Congratz :D. Was it amazing? Did you find any secret doors - like in the movies? - I'd really like for that to be a thing. :P

your not the only one. discovered no secret doors as of yet. i'm itching to explore though. which i will do next week. i've gotta say i'm gonna like this period in my life. :D

your not the only one. discovered no secret doors as of yet. i'm itching to explore though. which i will do next week. i've gotta say i'm gonna like this period in my life. :D

Woo! Exploring sounds the job. Exciting stuff.....Hopefully everyone enjoys the next few years.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Always. Especially when there are cookies involved :P

I guess we could arrange an interview . I can't promise you anything though .

I guess we could arrange an interview . I can't promise you anything though .

I shan't insult the prestigious-ness of what this Cookie-Collaboration represents. I vow to uphold the values of the sacrosanct handed down by the ancient chocolate chips.

Who's providing cookies?

Everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Will there be either milk or alcohol supplied with said cookies?

Omg filling out these immunisation forms ...ah
    I was all impressed when I got mail from ucc untill I opened . Fcuking forms

I must go ringing health offices to get confirmation :/

So much information, its overwhelming....so many forms

So much information, its overwhelming....so many forms

Join the club :P

I think everything is sorted. The garda vetting was grand. I thought it would be a right pain

• Advertisement

I think everything is sorted. The garda vetting was grand. I thought it would be a right pain

Did you tell them about your name change :P

thank goodness i didn't have to do out a garda vetting form this year. those forms are a bitch. no working with children this year. praise the lord

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Where are we suppose to go for orientation? And what time does it finish at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiju

JDOC1996 wrote: »
    Where are we suppose to go for orientation? And what time does it finish at?
    I'm pretty sure WHERE depends on the kind of course you're taking-- most of them seem to be around the Boole area at 9:00, so get there a little bit early and follow the massive horde of people lounging around if you can spot it. End time varies a little too, but it's generally around 4 pm. If you google ucc orientation the very first result should give you a list of the courses + dates, and clicking on a course will lead you to a pdf of the day plan.

Hope that helps! :pac:

will the timetables be explained to us on the day of orientation? i have to go back in on the 3rd for academic orientation. the timetable is rather confusing

will the timetables be explained to us on the day of orientation? i have to go back in on the 3rd for academic orientation. the timetable is rather confusing

In what way is it confusing ? My time table is straight forward .

just trying to figure things out. that's all.

Join the club :P

I prefer the cookie club to be honest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mikem635

I've got orientation at 9 in the morning, will the park and ride at dennehys cross be full before 8 or will it be grand for the next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

There are workshops on Saturday the 6th for this kinda stuff that they don't cover in orientation. :) Cause I was super confused too for a while!

Advertisement