Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year off topic 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Mikem635 wrote: »
    I've got orientation at 9 in the morning, will the park and ride at dennehys cross be full before 8 or will it be grand for the next week?

Other posters said that it will be quite full by 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I'm so excited for tomorrow, it should be great meeting everyone :)

Health sciences are Thursday .
    Cookie update ?

I'm going home wednesday! Freshers week cookies :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

What's the class party? :P Big piss up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiju

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    will the timetables be explained to us on the day of orientation? i have to go back in on the 3rd for academic orientation. the timetable is rather confusing
    Hold on a sec-- you have your timetables already? :O Where did you find 'em? Or do you mean the orientation timetable?

kaiju wrote: »
    Hold on a sec-- you have your timetables already? :O Where did you find 'em? Or do you mean the orientation timetable?

You can get them on the website but they're a nightmare to follow.

Here you go: http://timetable.ucc.ie/programme.asp Select your course and you're given a ridiculously complex timetable. You'll figure it out but it takes a while, you'll need to know your module codes too btw.

You can get them on the website but they're a nightmare to follow.

Here you go: http://timetable.ucc.ie/programme.asp Select your course and you're given a ridiculously complex timetable. You'll figure it out but it takes a while, you'll need to know your module codes too btw.

Do the time table on a week by week basis . This way it is easy to comprehend .

What's the class party? :P Big piss up?

Haha , one can hope :)

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Do the time table on a week by week basis . This way it is easy to comprehend .

Yeah I did that, got it eventually.

There's a time slot set aside during orientation anyway to go over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Well hello everyone!

Anyone else dismayed by the €250 vaccination fees for health courses? Ugh.
    Medicine :) what about you?

Woo medhead buddy!
    Not just yet :P ask me again when we get out cadavers :P Are you excited/nervous?

My doctor said they'd be damp, grey, and unwelcoming, somewhat like Donegal :pac:
    Access to the Mardyke is included as part of the capitation fee (including free gym classes, which is fantastic) so as such it is free as you don't have to pay anything extra, of all the universities in Ireland its by far the best deal!

Is there anything we should know for Med orientation and registration Eurovisionmad? I'm so worried :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Anyone hear from susi yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AoifeFaa

Health sciences are Thursday .
    Cookie update ?

I'm thursday too, We're going to miss the cookies :'( LISAA...leave some in a brown paper bag somewhere hidden around campus eh? ;)

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I'm going home wednesday! Freshers week cookies :P

How was orientation? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Velvet Daffy

Well hello everyone!

Anyone else dismayed by the €250 vaccination fees for health courses? Ugh.

Woo medhead buddy!

My doctor said they'd be damp, grey, and unwelcoming, somewhat like Donegal :pac:

Is there anything we should know for Med orientation and registration Eurovisionmad? I'm so worried :o

Yay medhead :P Donegal isn't too bad :P I liked it well enough the few times I was there...Once I got beyond the language barrier :P

AoifeFaa wrote: »
    I'm thursday too, We're going to miss the cookies :'( LISAA...leave some in a brown paper bag somewhere hidden around campus eh? ;)

Cookies Saturday or something?

Can our UCC cards be used for student discounts and stuff everywhere or do we have to get a different student card for that? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Moomin2008

Just a quick question when you completed registration part 2 were you asked for your susi number?

Moomin2008 wrote: »
    Just a quick question when you completed registration part 2 were you asked for your susi number?

We got asked nothing about that, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Moomin2008

That's great just came to me this evening and had a slight panic attack

• Advertisement

Moomin2008 wrote: »
    That's great just came to me this evening and had a slight panic attack

That's not to say you won't get asked like, I'd bring it along anyway to be sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Didn't get asked for my susi number, but bring all your documents that you got from susi grant.

Student cards can be used straight away

Also, go to sayit travel & get their student card, because its the only card you need to get a discount with boots pharmacy :rolleyes: I've tried to use my student card from the college of commerce & they wouldn't take it. Its 15€ but for that alone its totally worth it.

I hear Cavan is worse than Donegal.

We shall need a boards code word of sorts on Thursday .

AoifeFaa wrote: »
    I'll take free food if it's going... or drink :pac:
    Yay medhead :P Donegal isn't too bad :P I liked it well enough the few times I was there...Once I got beyond the language barrier :P
    Just remember to bring your own chainsaw for the dissection! :D
    I hear Cavan is worse than Donegal.

We shall need a boards code word of sorts on Thursday .
    How about whistling la Marseillaise?

Saturday seems good :) Lisa said she'd be back by then didn't she? ...Hahaha, I can just imagine a few of us off our head whistling "AUX ARMES CITOYENS" like some sort of perverse mating call. Haha, I love it. Great idea. (youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g). Cookies for lunch on Thursday?

How will we know who is who on Thursday then :)
    I'm the outstandingly good looking one .

Been busy at registration and the whole party thing. You guys will love it! Won't be back until Sunday night :P

Been busy at registration and the whole party thing. You guys will love it! Won't be back until Sunday night :P

It should be a really random thing. Like "Do you hear the people sing" from les mis, or ask "What's the air speed velocity of a swallow" from monty python or something really random

• Advertisement

What's the story with the class party over orientation at 8pm?

Like, how much would you want to drink beforehand? :pac: Is it any good? And is it for everyone on your orientation day?

Advertisement