Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed painters/ scrap collectors

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

A holy water cannon is the weapon of choice now!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Willfarman wrote: »
    A holy water cannon is the weapon of choice now!

Holy rifle more like

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Reggie. wrote: »
    Holy rifle more like

I hear that lead is a very popular scrap metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I was talking to a guard at the weekend and he was telling me that the latest thing now is young guys, either raised on farms or working on them, stealing farm machinery. Selling them then on-line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I was talking to a guard at the weekend and he was telling me that the latest thing now is young guys, either raised on farms or working on them, stealing farm machinery. Selling them then on-line.

Young lad near me was stealing electric fencers and did just that. Got rumbled by someone who he had stolen from.

• Advertisement

I heard a statue of the virgim mary frightens them
    One garden centre in newport was getting fleeced by these lads taking garden ornaments

She put a statue at the front and next time they called they dropped to their knees and prayed

No more hassle after that.

Someone mentioned on another forum that one of them stole a handbag but couldn't prove it that they took it, until a comment was made along the lines of 'you'll have no luck with that'....they pleaded for them to take back the comment and the handbag was returned very swiftly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Young lad near me was stealing electric fencers and did just that. Got rumbled by someone who he had stolen from.

We've a family emptying oil tanks here. One of them Got caught twice red handed in the same place by the farmer but let him go as they have relations all around him. Was afraid of repercussions. Personally I'd give them the business end of my Harrington and Richardson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Someone mentioned on another forum that one of them stole a handbag but couldn't prove it that they took it, until a comment was made along the lines of 'you'll have no luck with that'....they pleaded for them to take back the comment and the handbag was returned very swiftly afterwards.

Heh, a man we know works nights. He was woken one afternoon by banging at his front door. He gets up and sees a lad walking around the back of his house and back towards the front. He goes to the front door and there's a van driving to the exit. He either had a pen and paper or his phone because the van stops and the driver gets out and tells him to "not take my number, I'm a legitimate businessman".

House owner asks why were they at the back of the house, they denied it. Then they try selling tools or other such stuff. House owner says he's not interested. The salesmen then ask, "what's a fine man like you doing in bed all day?"
    As the salesmen were leaving they told him they hope he has no luck, houseowner replies "and you too". The salesmen stopped in their tracks and asked him to take it back.

Playground stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

We've a family emptying oil tanks here. One of them Got caught twice red handed in the same place by the farmer but let him go as they have relations all around him. Was afraid of repercussions. Personally I'd give them the business end of my Harrington and Richardson.

That's was happening here too. There was a theory who was at it tho. One oil tank was "sabotaged" for the next time. Strange that shortly after a certain locals tractor engine started to give bother :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

i remember two years ago i thought the meal was going very quickly here and lorry driver thought the same, had ordered a bin at the time and but put new locks on the old store all the same and so decided i would wait up for my culprit i hide in the shed, but i wasnt alone i moved the stock bull in to it for the night and at 1:15 am my man arrived and found the door locked and he then heard a noise in the straw he ran quicker then usain bolt when he relised it was the bull and bull took after him, he never lifted off us again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Gest

I wonder what part of the country this happened? I have my suspicions of what happened the fencer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Suckler

water protesters go to Jail, Bankers don't.

Completely unrelated conjecture.

Anyone buying off these guys is supporting illegal trading on the same level as theft. Every week there is a protest on the withdrawal of services or "attacks" on rural areas due to spending cuts yet sometimes the ones living there are the worst culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Suckler wrote: »
    Completely unrelated conjecture.

Anyone buying off these guys is supporting illegal trading on the same level as theft. Every week there is a protest on the withdrawal of services or "attacks" on rural areas due to spending cuts yet sometimes the ones living there are the worst culprits.

my post may have been unrelated, however I think your own post is a bit too general of a sweeping statement that the rural community are the worst culprits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's was happening here too. There was a theory who was at it tho. One oil tank was "sabotaged" for the next time. Strange that shortly after a certain locals tractor engine started to give bother :rolleyes:

I know a guy who left out a can of diesel after he had his suspicions as well, a little caustic doesn't mix too well with 2011 engines, apparently.

We left 4 full drums at the back door on Thursday evening, they were there Saturday at 4pm, returned at 5 and one was gone. I wonder why they didn't take the other three? glad they didn't, all the same.

Aenaes wrote: »

Playground stuff.

They're very superstitious, like people from 100 years ago believing in piseogs and all that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭Suckler

my post may have been unrelated, however I think your own post is a bit too general of a sweeping statement that the rural community are the worst culprits?

"..yet sometimes the ones living there are the worst culprits"

"Sometimes" being the poignant word, not "Are".

Gest wrote: »
    I wonder what part of the country this happened? I have my suspicions of what happened the fencer here.

North cork. Think it was Donedeal or a similar site he was offloading them.

Not too hard to follow a fence line and find one, esp in remote places.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Gest wrote: »
    mine went missing too, it was a bit faulty as shock was being carried through in to the fencer cover, hope who ever has it now got the shock of their life off it

Advertisement