Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League 2 H2H Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

3rd place still up for grabs in FSA league 2!

Yoink...tongue.png

I had one green arrow this week, slipped into third in a very competitive league.
    I had 11 wins out of the last 12 matches, which brought me from 12W/14L to 23W/15L.

I doubt I'm the last to go up to League 1, hopefully a few more come up too

17888191079_1daec574bb_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So, after an eventful first year, the following 20 people have qualified for the FSA League 1 15/16. Congrats to Inishgael, Wonski, F1ngers and Sanket.

Fowler87
    The Neon Knight
    Christy Browne
    Copper_pipe
    $hifty
    MR NINE
    Capajoma
    POKERKING
    Mint Sauce
    PARlance
    Billymitchell
    Spacecowb0y
    Unkymo
    El Horseboxo
    Davedfc
    Manual_man
    Ziegler1988
    Jimmii
    Lassykk
    Shano_88

The same process will follow as last year in terms of signup. I'll send you a PM in the few days after the website goes up for the new season and you'll have until midnight July 31st to signup. August 1st-8th will be spent filling up any attrition so no late applications will be entertained.

Last year, because it was the first year, I did that extra bit of admin to help people get used to it (not everyone understood their team ID etc). This year I'll have to be a bit stricter instead of spending so much time collating people's details they didn't include, or PMing people to let them know they have to signup in thread too.

To be clear everyone has to signup both in thread (including their teamname and team ID. This MUST be included) and forum. Sign up early to avoid any catastrophes on the final night of the application. I don't wanna have to be a dick an refuse people.

Obviously, this year was the acid test, so if anyone didn't really find themselves to have an interest this year and isn't bothered taking part next year or would prefer to save the spots for leagues with big prizes, can you let me know early and I can pass those places onto the next in line? Its no problem and some people were always going to take to the idea more than others.

Lastly, we had 1 or 2 prizes (due to the highly impressive work of finnharpsboy), and if anyone has any ability to arrange any this year, that would be incredibly appreciated. The only thing I'd insist on is that the size of each league's prizepool is proportionate to the hierarchy of the league. Ie. The prizepool for the Premier League has to be higher than the Championship, and so on and so on, because otherwise the hierarchy doesn't work then and its just 4 random leagues.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll post further updates if I suddenly realise at 4 in the morning that I forgot something super important, any feedback is as always more than welcome,

CSF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fair play CSF thoroughly enjoyed this over the season! Good for forum banterand a sense of community!

Amended FSA League 2 for next year

Fowler87
    The Neon Knight
    Copper_pipe
    $hifty
    MR NINE
    Capajoma
    POKERKING
    Mint Sauce
    PARlance
    Billymitchell
    Spacecowb0y
    Unkymo
    El Horseboxo
    Davedfc
    Manual_man
    Ziegler1988
    Jimmii
    Lassykk
    Shano_88
    Neoulous

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Amended FSA League 2 for next year

Fowler87
    The Neon Knight
    Copper_pipe
    $hifty
    MR NINE
    Capajoma
    POKERKING
    Mint Sauce
    PARlance
    Billymitchell
    Spacecowb0y
    Unkymo
    El Horseboxo
    Davedfc
    Manual_man
    Ziegler1988
    Jimmii
    Lassykk
    Shano_88
    Neoulous

Relegated :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Quick question CSF, , the top 4 got promoted from league 2 to league 1. I finished in 5th. Ive noticed Sanket hasn't been online on boards since January so If he doesnt show up for the new season do I get his place as I'm next in line?

Quick question CSF, , the top 4 got promoted from league 2 to league 1. I finished in 5th. Ive noticed Sanket hasn't been online on boards since January so If he doesnt show up for the new season do I get his place as I'm next in line?

It won't just rely on Sanket, it will depend on sign ups to other leagues.
    Already guaranteed one from prem league will not be back - so that will have a knock on effect.

You're number 2 in line, the guy who finished 18th in League 1 is next after Sanket.

So for you to be promoted you would need 2 of the 60 people from Prem to League 1 not to sign up.

Not impossible by any stretch, especially as if you say some posters haven't been that active.

Best of luck.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It won't just rely on Sanket, it will depend on sign ups to other leagues.
    Already guaranteed one from prem league will not be back - so that will have a knock on effect.

That was accounted for today with the changes so that's not to be relied upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

By the same token, if that filters down, does that mean I don't get relegated :pac:

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    By the same token, if that filters down, does that mean I don't get relegated :pac:

No. Arguably relegation isn't severe enough a punishment for finishing bottom 3 in the bottom league ;)

Fowler87 has gone upto League 1 and therefore won't be competing in this one. John83 takes his place in here and has been PMed. 16 teams already in so waiting on 4 more to sign up including John83. OneColdHand is next in line for if more spaces become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

Sorry, how does one get themselves into the league to begin with?

Sorry, how does one get themselves into the league to begin with?
    Hi, theres a qualifying league each year. The top 3 (or possibly more depending on if all 80 stick around year) get promoted to League 2. That qualifying league will go up for entry once the 4 leagues fill up.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Keller Bear

Thanks very much CSF. Will keep an eye out for it!

copper_pipe will be moving upto League 1. OneColdHand will take his place in League 2. PM shortly.

Lovely stuff, does this mean i'll be going up if one more person doesn't take their place in time?

Lovely stuff, does this mean i'll be going up if one more person doesn't take their place in time?
    Think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sweet only another 14 need not sign up and I skip L2!! Come on people don't bother its not worth it leave it for a year sure the Q league is way more fun.

69 of the 80 places have been taken in the 4 leagues so far with a week to go. However, some of these have been guys who have joined the league on the site, but haven't signed up in thread with your ID to make the admin possible when the times come around. Thanks to F1ngers for thanking the valid entries and PMing me details because its saved me a tonne of admin work.

Please people, do not assume that I'm gonna just assume I'll know who you are, or that you were in it last year so its grand. It won't be grand. People who haven't followed the instructions are going to actually be removed from the league on July 31st so make sure your entry is valid before that time, because it won't matter how many PMs I get from you after that time, so make sure you're not that guy and save both of us the hassle of an argument when the time comes around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    69 of the 80 places have been taken in the 4 leagues so far with a week to go. However, some of these have been guys who have joined the league on the site, but haven't signed up in thread with your ID to make the admin possible when the times come around. Thanks to F1ngers for thanking the valid entries and PMing me details because its saved me a tonne of admin work.

Please people, do not assume that I'm gonna just assume I'll know who you are, or that you were in it last year so its grand. It won't be grand. People who haven't followed the instructions are going to actually be removed from the league on July 31st so make sure your entry is valid before that time, because it won't matter how many PMs I get from you after that time, so make sure you're not that guy and save both of us the hassle of an argument when the time comes around.

Does that mean that if Fingers hasn't thanked my post (which he hasn't), there's something wrong with my entry? Cos I was pretty certain I did everything right as per the PM.

Sorry to be double checking, but I don't want to be one of those annoying people pestering you after July 31st!

Does that mean that if Fingers hasn't thanked my post (which he hasn't), there's something wrong with my entry? Cos I was pretty certain I did everything right as per the PM.

Sorry to be double checking, but I don't want to be one of those annoying people pestering you after July 31st!

That was a miss by me, I knew you were promoted and PM'd later, but missed your name when checking thread.

Sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

F1ngers wrote: »
    That was a miss by me, I knew you were promoted and PM'd later, but missed your name when checking thread.

Sorted now.

Cheers, no problem...just wanted to address it now rather than moaning about it later!! Appreciate the effort to organise all this lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So to be sure. I got my PM, entered the league via the FF Site, with the code supplied, and posted my ID in the sign up thread. Do I need to do anything else?

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So to be sure. I got my PM, entered the league via the FF Site, with the code supplied, and posted my ID in the sign up thread. Do I need to do anything else?

Nope, that's exactly it.

Mint Sauce wrote: »

You're "yellow" on my excel sheet - yellow is good. :D

72 people of the 80 have signed into the league.
    However, only 70 are valid, or at least theres 2 invalid ones that I know of already and they're both League 2 entrants.

Grayem O Cearnaigh and Aaron Curry are the 2. Please make sure you sign up in the signup thread by midnight Friday night with your Team ID included, otherwise your places will drop down to the next eligible entrants from the qualifying league.

To clarify, POKERKING, El Horseboxo and davedfc are the 3 who haven't signed up. 2 have joined the league but not signed up, and the other has done nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

CSF wrote:
    To clarify, POKERKING, El Horseboxo and davedfc are the 3 who haven't signed up. 2 have joined the league but not signed up, and the other has done nothing yet.

Can anyone sign up

• Advertisement

Can anyone sign up
    No, all the spaces were qualified for last season. But there'll be a qualifying league for next years one so you can enter that when it goes up.

Advertisement