Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N Roche out training in Dublin this morning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

He better not intend leaving it unattended anywhere around the city when he stops off for a coffee and piece of pie, one blink and it's gone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I was enjoying the bit of wit in this thread, what is it with some people that have to drag things down. Can the tone of the thread not be noticed, it was light-hearted, could it not just be left like that?

Well the thread is about two of the most corrupt sports in the history of sport, so I think it's unrealistic to expect the tone of the thread to remain light-hearted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Henlars67 wrote: »
    Well the thread is about two of the most corrupt sports in the history of sport, so I think it's unrealistic to expect the tone of the thread to remain light-hearted

Its not actually, the thread was about Nico Roche being spotted out training in Dublin and it turned into debate over doping in cycling and horse racing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

I believe the horse had a 55x11....

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

Next time he goes down to the start at Leopardstown, that horse is likely to think 'sh1te, these ones have four legs'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sheepfield

Henlars67 wrote: »

It would appear unrealistic to expect you to enjoy being light-hearted.

There.

What did I tell ya.

Laugh a bit.

Twas only a bit of fun for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

why not do it on a full TT rig? surely would have been faster

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was there last night. Enjoyed it. Was sure that Roche had it set up that he couldnt be beaten. In the end it was no contest

3102derek wrote: »
    why not do it on a full TT rig? surely would have been faster

Sure feck it, make it 40km next time, not 440yards. Now that wud be worth televising. Wud a horse gallop that far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

godtabh wrote: »
    I was there last night. Enjoyed it. Was sure that Roche had it set up that he couldnt be beaten. In the end it was no contest

How had he set up that he could win??? and if so what went wrong...The horse wouldn't throw it???

And is he small or tall - fat ot thin (Roche not the horse)

Were you there for the Q&A

Any mention of next year and/or SKY

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Wasnt at the Q&A. Not sure where it was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Spotted Nico on the Clontarf Rd this morning heading towards St Anne's Park

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

sheepfield wrote: »
    Sure feck it, make it 40km next time, not 440yards. Now that wud be worth televising. Wud a horse gallop that far?

Yes. But slower. It's a different kind of thoroughbred that can gallop that distance. Actually a different breed altogether specialize in galloping that distance, the Arab.

I really wish I could 'sight' him. Or the blur of him speeding by. *swoon* (him and the bike!)

The "Where's Nico" game is alive and well
    We spend race days spotting him in the peloton and now you in Dublin are sighting him everywhere !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

gadetra wrote: »
    Yes. But slower. It's a different kind of thoroughbred that can gallop that distance. Actually a different breed altogether specialize in galloping that distance, the Arab.

I really wish I could 'sight' him. Or the blur of him speeding by. *swoon* (him and the bike!)

Aren't the longer man vs beast races usually against runners? I don't think there would be much contest between a bike and a horse over 40 km, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

MPFG wrote: »
    We spend race days spotting him in the peloton and now you in Dublin are sighting him everywhere !!!

I've just seen him collecting on a bet in Ladbrokes in Killester.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

fits wrote: »
    Aren't the longer man vs beast races usually against runners? I don't think there would be much contest between a bike and a horse over 40 km, but I could be wrong.

You're right. Arabs race over 160km at elite level, but the average speed is in the 20's. Racing agains runners makes way more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

fits wrote: »

Unless the horse is in a burger in the back of a truck

We could see a revival of existentialist angst and the search for meaning among disillusioned cycling fans and boards posters with a Beckett-esque drama set in Dublin.

'Waiting For Nico'

Live at The Sundrive Velodrome.

• Advertisement

07Lapierre wrote: »

Well that does look photshoped....like he has been painted into a balck & white picture

sheepfield wrote: »
    We could see a revival of existentialist angst and the search for meaning among disillusioned cycling fans and boards posters with a Beckett-esque drama set in Dublin.

'Waiting For Nico'

Live at The Sundrive Velodrome.

Nice one

But maybe for the kids among us ...we could do the cartoon version

"Finding Nico"

about group if cyclign fans who must go on a quest across Dublin searching for the litte blue & yellow cyclist (5' 8") so they can save him from being sold into captivity ( Team Sky boooo)

Sanctioned accidental stalking! Someone needs to 'accidentally' plant a gps tracker on him. Then he can have crowds of cycling fans cheering on his every pedal :pac:

ETA: MPFG You are a genius!

gadetra wrote: »
    Sanctioned accidental stalking! Someone needs to 'accidentally' plant a gps tracker on him. Then he can have crowds of cycling fans cheering on his every pedal :pac:

ETA: MPFG You are a genius!

Well modesty prohibts and all ....but suffice it to say ...this is not the first time this has been said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why is wearing that stupid yellow gear in all the photos :eek:

bazermc wrote: »
    Why is wearing that stupid yellow gear in all the photos :eek:

so we can spot him

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cob1

so looks like it was him that went past on dawson st this morning about 10am. I was looking at the guy thinking whats he doing decked out in the full team kit, thinks he's a pro cyclist or something! he was with someone else, not in the saxo kit

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shaneward2004

Commentator " The horse will beat the beast " eeemmm ???

Don't want to start the whole cheating horse thing off again but felt the horse went early ..... too eager for the win IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Two animals vs. Nicolas, not very fair is it. Rematch with a lead-out man!

Advertisement