Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N Roche out training in Dublin this morning

Options
  • 14-08-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Spotted a certain N Roche out at 9am this morning in Rathfarnham on his Venge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Any details on what training the horse has been doing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bu_YPqnCcAEQavA.jpg

From his twitter

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nico could at least have posted that in the "photos taken on your cycle" thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Out training for his race vs a horse! From todays indo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Is he using Strava? If yes then there might be some serious amounts of 'Uh-ohs' today.

If he's in Dublin I wonder if he's going to do the club HC champs tonight. Buffalo would have some competition then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Is he using Strava? If yes then there might be some serious amounts of 'Uh-ohs' today.

If he's in Dublin I wonder if he's going to do the club HC champs tonight. Buffalo would have some competition then.

He missed the deadline for the entering the league. Although he could sign on as a leisure rider and get a time. But he won't be able to win a medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Jaysus sure wasnt I headed that direction this morning myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Doc07

Spotted a certain N Roche out at 9am this morning in Rathfarnham on his Venge.

Just missed him, I was passing through tree at 915. Nice bike

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

bwalsh1983 wrote: »
    Jaysus sure wasnt I headed that direction this morning myself.

Sure ye probably schhped right past him boss :D

• Advertisement

He missed the deadline for the entering the league. Although he could sign on as a leisure rider and get a time. But he won't be able to win a medal.

Which club has a HC championships tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Out training for his race vs a horse! From todays indo

Pat Smullen is confident he will be the victor, saying: "I'm in good shape as I'm in the middle of flat season"

WTF? Is he just riding the horse or carrying it on his back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

If I was nico roche no way would I lean a bike like that against a small rock wall

Also is that Luggala/lough tay?

bazermc wrote: »
    If I was nico roche no way would I lean a bike like that against a small rock wall

Also is that Luggala/lough tay?

Is indeed, vikings set down on the lakeside also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭fits

What distance is the race over?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

I'm worried the soft ground won't favour the S-Works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

if its a tactical race my money is going on the horse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Bu_YPqnCcAEQavA.jpg

Is it my imagination, or is his saddle very tilted up at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

bazermc wrote: »

It's just a Photoshop of the tdf http://m.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/alberto-contador-pulls-out-of-tour-after-crash-on-10th-stage-20140715-zt7d9.html

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

fits wrote: »
    What distance is the race over?

One and a half mile hurdle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

outfox wrote: »
    Is it my imagination, or is his saddle very tilted up at the front?

I don't think it is, I think maybe the setback seatpost makes it look that way though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

One and a half mile hurdle.

I very much doubt it's a hurdle. Pat Smullen is a flat jockey and Weld is primarily a flat trainer, only a few bumper horses and hurdlers. If that is the case then Nico for the win. Unless they make him hurdle too. Cyclocrossing on the Venge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Wow, that's a cool spot. What kinda gear was he wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its 440yds

Bu_S2sTIAAAs85b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

No, it's not.

Two viking boats missing off the pier that are tied up........unless its an older photo....defo not today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Saddle looks setup for setup for someone between 5'6" & 5'8". Thought Nico was taller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What price would a bike like that set you back? "Genuine question"

ror_74 wrote: »
    Saddle looks setup for setup for someone between 5'6" & 5'8". Thought Nico was taller ?

Yeah he looks taller, but he is indeed 5'8" according to his site - http://www.nicolasroche.com/bio/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Yeah he looks taller, but he is indeed 5'8" according to his site - http://www.nicolasroche.com/bio/

Aww. I can't fancy him anymore :( sniff :P

Advertisement