Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sindo - Niamh Horan's Article on Women's Rugby

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

There is nothing to be coincidental about. Claire Grady has nothing to do with Niamh Horan.

The editor of the Irish Independent has no influence over articles that appear in the Sunday Independent and vice versa.

The publcations are part of the same group but are seperate entities within it with sharing only a small amount content and journalism.

I wonder why she did quit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

were you in a car accident or do you normally wear that much tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

"Don't blame me, blame society" how the flip is it our fault she's braindead?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wont give the Times the traffic so here's the Broadsheet link:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/09/04/new-balls-3/
    Good to see the Irish Independent and Niamh Horan haven’t completely cornered the ludicrous reporting of womens’ sport market. I might be wrong, but I haven’t seen too many reports of Rory McIlroy’s achievements mentioning who his new ‘best friend forever’ is.
    The media in this country really is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I see she has another fantastic article in todays Sunday Independent.

She seems to be trying to stir some shlt about the fact that BoD only mentioned Glenda Gilson 3 times in autobiography.

An appalling journalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

She seems to be trying to stir some shlt about the fact that BoD only mentioned Glenda Gilson 3 times in autobiography.

An appalling journalist.

Good job you're not bothered reading or posting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭micar

An appalling journalist.

totally agree!!!!!!

On page 3 as well!!!!

Who in the Sunday Independent thinks that we have any interest in this topic????

Good job you're not bothered reading or posting about it.

It infuriates me that someone is getting paid, ink and paper are being wasted to write such cr@p.

Surely, there are more important things going on in the world the deserves the space that this article took up.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do we have to do this every time she comes out with some nonsense? It's safer to just remember that any time it's Sunday, she will have puked some frivolous drivel onto a page and the Sindo are going to try to convince you it's journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

the article is rubbish but if you think the paper is so low quality why do you buy it? barry egan seems to have gotten along well with taylor swift though, so buying the paper this week wasn't a total loss.

the article is rubbish but if you think the paper is so low quality why do you buy it?.

my dad bought it!!!

I would not buy that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Of course he did.

It's a low budget ass-feeding tabloid. What exactly do you expect? I'm out here, enjoy.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

I'm surprised (make that astonished) that anyone could be surprised about anything Niamh Horan might say on the subject of sport.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

abff wrote: »
    I'm surprised (make that astonished) that anyone could be surprised about anything Niamh Horan might say on the subject of sport anything other than Niamh Horan.

Fixed ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The only thing I admire about her is the fact that she managed to con someone into paying her to write such inane drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

micar wrote: »
    It infuriates me that someone is getting paid, ink and paper are being wasted to write such cr@p.

Surely, there are more important things going on in the world the deserves the space that this article took up.

Start your own newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

abff wrote: »
    I'm surprised (make that astonished) that anyone could be surprised about anything Niamh Horan might say on the subject of sport.

It's not sport, its celebrity 'fluff', as usual.

Do we have to do this every time she comes out with some nonsense? It's safer to just remember that any time it's Sunday, she will have puked some frivolous drivel onto a page and the Sindo are going to try to convince you it's journalism.

People are keeping her in a job by buying that rag every Sunday.

The only thing I admire about her is the fact that she managed to con someone into paying her to write such inane drivel.

Nah she's not conning anyone in the Sindo.This is the paper after all that gave us the 03 Girls.They know exactly what they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I read her article on Brian O'Driscoll and Glenda Gilsen on the Indo's site yesterday. I must say I laughed hard at it, it seems to me Horan is trying to provoke a reaction from Brian O'Driscoll as to why Glenda only deserved three mentions in his book. I doubt Horan is going to win any friends by going up against an Irish rugby hero but I suppose any gutter journalist is well used to rolling around in the gutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,242 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Without reading it, I'd imagine Glenda Gilson is probably a mate of hers; probably hangs in the same general social circles that she does; and those social circles probably dislike Brian O'Driscoll. Hence this article.

Remember, Niamh Horan's articles are about her and her perspective on the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement