Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government to reverse some Public Secor Pay cuts

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Godge wrote: »
    They won't need social welfare or pensions as they will be hung, drawn and quartered to ensure they are really gone. Well pretty much the non-violent equivalent to that.

To address this seriously for a moment and to be clear to one poster in particular that I am not advocating mass PS redundancies..

The added cost to the SW Bill is not and should be the State's first priority with regards reducing numbers.

This line of argument, taken to the extreme, would imply that the State could keep employing people until there was no unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

noodler wrote: »
    To address this seriously for a moment and to be clear to one poster in particular that I am not advocating mass PS redundancies..

The added cost to the SW Bill is not and should be the State's first priority with regards reducing numbers.

This line of argument, taken to the extreme, would imply that the State could keep employing people until there was no unemployment.

I am sorry if I misinterpreted you, what's the difference between cutting public services numbers and making them redundant.

Lots of the public services needs reform for example current public services pension provision is probably unsustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mariaalice wrote: »
    I am sorry if I misinterpreted you, what's the difference between cutting public services numbers and making them redundant.

Lots of the public services needs reform for example current public services pension provision is probably unsustainable.

I haven't advocated cutting public service numbers.

Advertisement