Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Irish Independent the most right wing paper in the country?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I would also support the idea that the middle ages have been unfairly demonised, we can learn a lot from that epoch.

Yes, because what this country needs is to re-establish serfdom, persecute anyone not belonging to the right religion and submit to a single autocrat. Screw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yes, because what this country needs is to re-establish serfdom, persecute anyone not belonging to the right religion and submit to a single autocrat. Screw that.

Yeah. Sod Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,997 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Magaggie wrote: »
    Could you explain how?

Controversy merchant yeh, but I'm not sure he really believes what he says (not that that's good or anything). He didn't simply say Africa has given AIDS to the world, and wasn't it Eoghan Harris who said that about the B&T?

So you think Myers is just effectively trolling?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

So you think Myers is just effectively trolling?

The thought has crossed my mind as well. He had one particular rant about Haiti post the last huge earthquake, asking why Europe never needed aid rebuilding after WWII, which ignores the huge amount of aid poured in by the US. The marshall plan at a low estimate would be worth over 160 Billion today. The omission of that glaring (and well known) fact would seem to be deliberate.

Advertisement