Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Great peno.

Add another 2 million to price

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ah Lloris, you beauty. Love seeing him fly out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good run out for Sandro.

AEL came with a great game plan, sit back and do fúck all. Should of stayed at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Paulinho doing well tonight in fairness to him.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Paulinho doing well tonight in fairness to him.

Done a grand job as he should, the opposition are extremely poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

Kane was excellent tonight,poor penalty aside.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Ooohh Besiktas & Partizan

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

The UEFA Europa League group stage draw has put us in Group C:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Besiktas
    FK Partizan
    Asteras Tripolis

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

philon wrote: »
    The UEFA Europa League group stage draw has put us in Group C:
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Besiktas
    FK Partizan
    Asteras Tripolis

Horrible Draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Horrible Draw.

Depends on what way you look at it.

We went to Ukraine last season, Dnipro was pretty close to the struggles. And typically go far east/Russia.

Serbia/Greece/Turkey will be less of a struggle to get to and may well give less of a hangover come the actual important games at the weekend.

We also dodged Legia Warsaw which is good. Wouldn't know what their fans would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Depends on what way you look at it.

We went to Ukraine last season, Dnipro was pretty close to the struggles. And typically go far east/Russia.

Serbia/Greece/Turkey will be less of a struggle to get to and may well give less of a hangover come the actual important games at the weekend.

We also dodged Legia Warsaw which is good. Wouldn't know what their fans would do.

It's just a pity that they're ALL long trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

Lads - how heard will it be to get tickets for the first game in the Lane v Besiktas?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

eoinola wrote: »
    Lads - how heard will it be to get tickets for the first game in the Lane v Besiktas?

Won't be hard at all mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

eoinola wrote: »

Thursday night game. Should be easy enough get tickets. Could be one to head for alright..

Glebee wrote: »
    Thursday night game. Should be easy enough get tickets. Could be one to head for alright..

Don't forget big Turkish community in North London,

Game is on ITV4 at 6:00 for those interested, looking forward to it myself. Soldado needs a goal badly, and to start finding some form. Otherwise he may as well be flogged, he must have boils on his hole at this stage from bench warming.

God...we need some strikers come January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Game is on ITV4 at 6:00 for those interested, looking forward to it myself. Soldado needs a goal badly, and to start finding some form. Otherwise he may as well be flogged, he must have boils on his hole at this stage from bench warming.

God...we need some strikers come January.

soldado has been injured. might make bench tonight id say

mickman wrote: »
    soldado has been injured. might make bench tonight id say

Yeah I know he's been injured Mick, it's do or die...unless he starts finding the net. Which is hard seeing as Ade seems to be Pochettino's first choice striker. Dare I say Kane might even be second!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Yeah I know he's been injured Mick, it's do or die...unless he starts finding the net. Which is hard seeing as Ade seems to be Pochettino's first choice striker. Dare I say Kane might even be second!

Kane is rightly 2nd choice. Soldado is a pity. One of the worst buys in Spurs history and thats saying something.

• Advertisement

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Kane is rightly 2nd choice. Soldado is a pity. One of the worst buys in Spurs history and thats saying something.

Goes back to a couple months into last season.. Finds all the posts of everyone on here slating me for saying he's never going to be a regular goalscorer for us and will leave a failure.. Sigh's at it becoming apparent that I'm right :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Poch has rejunvenated the form of Chadli, Lamela (ish), Kane, Dembele & Rose. Who's to say he won't have the same effect on Soldado once fit?

Bloody hell...Poch is good but he's not a miracle worker!! :D:p Next thing you know you'll be expecting him to get Paulinho performing too!

Poch has rejunvenated the form of Chadli, Lamela (ish), Kane, Dembele & Rose. Who's to say he won't have the same effect on Soldado once fit?

Dembele & Rose? Bit early for that eh?

Kane? Who had a very good finish to last season and is just kicking on from that!

Here's hoping Soldado does start banging them in and gets 20+ this season. Poch needs to put his arm round him like he seems to have done with Lamela.

I presume Vorm will be in nets?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Game is on ITV4 at 6:00 for those interested

Just remember that this probably isn't on UPC, as it's region restricted. It is however on 3e apparently.

Does anyone know if Spurs TV will be showing it? They have very nice high quality streams.

irishmover wrote: »
    Dembele & Rose? Bit early for that eh?

Kane? Who had a very good finish to last season and is just kicking on from that!

Here's hoping Soldado does start banging them in and gets 20+ this season. Poch needs to put his arm round him like he seems to have done with Lamela.

id have to agree there

good workout for some of the fringe players but i still cant see why we dont go all out to win it this year

id have to agree there

good workout for some of the fringe players but i still cant see why we dont go all out to win it this year

We usually cost through the mickey mouse stages, getting down to playing a decent side, we crumble.

Defense needs so much work, I'd love to see a settled back four. And that hasn't happened in a long time, due to injuries and players being shít.

We'd need a lotta luck, so no chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Vorm

Naughton - Fazio - Kaboul - Davies

Bentaleb - Stambouli

Lennon - Dembele - Townsend

Kane

Maybe??

Advertisement