Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are your children fat? Why are they fat?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

haminka wrote: »
    Not sure whereabouts you live but we have the Slieve Gullion relatively nearby and this is really great for kids who find walking boring but still love to play:

http://www.ringofgullion.org/things-to-do/slieve-gullion-adventure-playpark/

Really amazing place providing lots of fun for parents and children.

that would be 2 hours of kids moaning at the back of the car :D But thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind when we go up North. Thankfully, we have a nice mix of mountains, forests and beaches to keep them untertained

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

fatknacker wrote: »
    I really wish it would, spending a lot on preventive measures that will benefit the country and health system down the line is not something any government wants to invest in over their four year cycle, it seems.
    Short sightedness and patching up holes from predecessors has them all too busy. Our whole culture needs to change. We have allowed ourselves to be Americanised, when we should have been looking at Scandinavian or Asian models instead,

I've been doing my bit by looking at Asian models.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't see what the problem is, let people get fat and die early. There's too many miserable, old people on the planet. They're all living till they're 90, sick to their false teeth of eating boring food, which in turn makes them anti social because they realise they missed out on being fat because someone convinced them spending more time as an incontinent geriatric was better than eating a cake.

Eat cake, enjoy life and just die already. Then there's more cake for the next generation. Living a long healthy life is just selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

My son eats what he wants and he gets a mc donalds once a week, He is as thin as a lat though as he gets mountains of exercise

Macavity. wrote:
    Exercise alone will not stop the spread.

He's almost 4 and still as thin as a stick and he still eats whatever he wants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

conorh91 wrote: »
    More than one quarter of 9-year olds in this country are already overweight or obese.

This statistic increases even further as children grow into teenage years.

To be honest from casual observance I see very few fat kids these days compared to when I was growing up :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

I think once a week for mcdonalds is too much in my opinion. Once a month is healthier.

LOL :pac:

Are you one of these no TV on weeknights mothers?

Ironically I find I lose weight, or at least, don't gain any, if I'm working long hours and living off fast food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

LOL :pac:

Are you one of these no TV on weeknights mothers?

Ironically I find I lose weight, or at least, don't gain any, if I'm working long hours and living off fast food.

yeah food 'quality' only matters for overall health, you can (and people have) lose weight eating nothing but any sort of junk or fast food

that said, mcdonalds isn't even bad food. calorie heavy sure, but the burgers are quite decent and unless you already have problems with blood pressure and sodium the salty chips aren't a huge deal either.

the giant sugar spike drinks are a bit of a concern though

Advertisement