Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Chelsea XI vs. PSG: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Zouma rested, lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Chelsea XI vs. PSG: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Diego Costa. #CFC

Oscar starts, not Willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    Zouma rested, lovely!

He might have a permanent break now that Matic is back and Cahill in favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rested:pac: Biggest game of the year and they haven't played in how long???

Zouma is not first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Cahill goal Costa with an unintentional assist

• Advertisement

Cahill scores a cracker

Matic going off injured

Luiz goal. Cs gone

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Costa blessed not to be sent off on two occasions
    extra tim e now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    Costa blessed not to be sent off on two occasions
    extra tim e now
    A disgrace he didn't get the red card. Pretty much the same "crime" than Zlatan in the first period. And then he later pushed down Marquinhos. Lucky lucky man he is to still be on the pitch...

• Advertisement

Hazard pen after a Thiago Silva handball. 3-2 Chelsea. Lucky Chelsea tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What was Silva at there! Not often you see such a silly handball at such an important time bizarre.

Haz pen in ET 2-1

jimmii wrote: »
    What was Silva at there! Not often you see such a silly handball at such an important time bizarre.
    He was too short, probably exhausted and I'd say he tried to annoy the Chelsea player with his arms in the air. Unfortunately for him, the ball hit one of his hand. C'est la vie.

Silva makes up for it 2-2

iroced wrote: »
    He was too short, probably exhausted and I'd say he tried to annoy the Chelsea player with his arms in the air. Unfortunately for him, the ball hit one of his hand. C'est la vie.

Certainly made up for it with that header superb!

can't describe how poor Chelsea have been against 10 men as well!
    they look very very jaded

Very. Be interesting to see if this continues in the league probably helps FPL wise maybe a little less likely they will rest players even if they do have the league wrapped up early.

OOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I'm not parisian but tonight I have to say PARIS EST MAGIIIIIIQUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭patmac

Costa facing a lengthy ban the guys a ticking time bomb, no English teams likely to make the qfs however best league in the world my arse.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Costa facing a lengthy ban the guys a ticking time bomb, no English teams likely to make the qfs however league in the world my arse.

the world league is in your arse ? :D

patmac wrote: »
    Costa facing a lengthy ban the guys a ticking time bomb, no English teams likely to make the qfs however league in the world my arse.

He's really going to go off on one time seems surprising it hasn't happened so far really! Crazy how far behind the English game is now didn't seem possible a few years back when two or three teams at the semis were English year after year! With the new TV money it might change again the clubs say it won't go to players but it might well go to other clubs!

League however is in my are?

I'm going to guesstimate a very personal hypothesis. I may be talking out of my a*se though :P.

Isn't it Mourinho entire failure tonight?

I mean 1-1 away. Zlatan RC after 30 min. And at the exception of Hazard & Cesc you do nothing for the whole game tonight ?!?!?! I mean Chelsea didn't try to beat PSG by playing football, they tried to beat PSG by making them lose their nerves (Costa & Matic being the chef butchers tonight). Twice they've been ahead with "fortunate" enough goals and when ahead you let the ball to PSG and let them give you a football lesson :eek: ?!

Mourinho said before the draw that PSG was the best draw for them. Well it happened. After the first leg he "crybabied" about PSG fouls and maybe the pressure he put on the ref in the press led to Zlatan RC & Costa YC. I know it's Mourinho style. But let's say he'd been talking about playing football, using Hazard & Cesc pace and Costa scoring flair (instead of his testosterone) to break PSG defense? Would have we seen the same game with the same result? I'm not sure... Chelsea have great football players. Making them play this dirty version of the game doesn't do them justice.

That's something I don't get with this man. At the beginning of the season, he had his team playing one of the nicest football in Europe and now he's happy to be back to the "Al Capone football" he used at Real Madrid :eek:.

The irony is Mourinho laughed at PSG spending €50m to get David Luiz as a defender while Mourinho was stating he's much better at defensive midfielder (by the way it's Rafa Benitez who put him there not Mourinho) and David Luiz had a blinder tonight and partly knocked Mourinho's Chelsea out :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

these results are great for fantasy football ha keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

iroced wrote: »
    I'm going to guesstimate a very personal hypothesis. I may be talking out of my a*se though :P.

Isn't it Mourinho entire failure tonight?

I mean 1-1 away. Zlatan RC after 30 min. And at the exception of Hazard & Cesc you do nothing for the whole game tonight ?!?!?! I mean Chelsea didn't try to beat PSG by playing football, they tried to beat PSG by making them lose their nerves (Costa & Matic being the chef butchers tonight). Twice they've been ahead with "fortunate" enough goals and when ahead you let the ball to PSG and let them give you a football lesson :eek: ?!

Mourinho said before the draw that PSG was the best draw for them. Well it happened. After the first leg he "crybabied" about PSG fouls and maybe the pressure he put on the ref in the press led to Zlatan RC & Costa YC. I know it's Mourinho style. But let's say he'd been talking about playing football, using Hazard & Cesc pace and Costa scoring flair (instead of his testosterone) to break PSG defense? Would have we seen the same game with the same result? I'm not sure... Chelsea have great football players. Making them play this dirty version of the game doesn't do them justice.

That's something I don't get with this man. At the beginning of the season, he had his team playing one of the nicest football in Europe and now he's happy to be back to the "Al Capone football" he used at Real Madrid :eek:.

The irony is Mourinho laughed at PSG spending €50m to get David Luiz as a defender while Mourinho was stating he's much better at defensive midfielder (by the way it's Rafa Benitez who put him there not Mourinho) and David Luiz had a blinder tonight and partly knocked Mourinho's Chelsea out :P.

I think a lot of it is Mourinhos fault. Their style of play is awful to watch recently and he brought on Drogba who is well past it last night and left Remy and Cuadrado on the bench! Also Fabregas and Costa were on fire at the start of the season but that form has deserted them lately but you cant really blame Mourinho for that. Hazard is the only one creating anything in midfield.

Their defenders have been scoring most of thier goals the past couple of months which has disguised a lot of their problems. I'd be interested to see how many goals thier defenders have scored this season compared ot their midfielders, I'd say it's very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭patmac

It was either that or the New Land League:D, Jaysus you get away with nothing around here

It's not that often I get to sit down and watch an entire match uninterrupted, the missus was gone to a play:rolleyes::P last night and I had the kids in bed nice and early. I wanted to see if Ivan was worth the outlay, I owned him for a fruitful period of this year but getting him back is hard enough. He looked a little bit tired sometimes last night but he's definitely the closest thing to an extra midfielder that you'll get. He even lines up on the half way line when Chelsea kick off,
    Hazard was frequently brilliant last night, penalty was very weak though, if it had been saved it would be ridiculed.
    Fabregas was absolutely dreadful, he should have been pulled to be honest.

It's not that often I get to sit down and watch an entire match uninterrupted, the missus was gone to a play:rolleyes::P last night and I had the kids in bed nice and early. I wanted to see if Ivan was worth the outlay, I owned him for a fruitful period of this year but getting him back is hard enough. He looked a little bit tired sometimes last night but he's definitely the closest thing to an extra midfielder that you'll get. He even lines up on the half way line when Chelsea kick off,
    Hazard was frequently brilliant last night, penalty was very weak though, if it had been saved it would be ridiculed.
    Fabregas was absolutely dreadful, he should have been pulled to be honest.

Yeh the penalty was one of those ones that if it goes in no one mentions it (other than you lol!) and if the keeper saves it then it was a shocking penalty he should never take one again blah blah. I guess seeing as it did go in you have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew the keeper was going the other way etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh the penalty was one of those ones that if it goes in no one mentions it (other than you lol!) and if the keeper saves it then it was a shocking penalty he should never take one again blah blah. I guess seeing as it did go in you have to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew the keeper was going the other way etc.

A lot of his penos are like that, he waits for the keeper to move a lot of the time before placing the ball. He actually looks at the keeper rather than the ball when taking them, I think he's one of the best peno takers around.

Advertisement