Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unmoderated forums? Your thoughts.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Deank wrote: »
    Oh it still is.

I heard it was full of idiots, tbh. Moderation would cure that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

I heard it was full of idiots, tbh. Moderation would cure that.

Full of them, get back to work.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Lol. Theres loads and loads of decisions overturned.

LEL, no there's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    You people are needy, you want to be dictated to. Sure you will complain about the mods, but in reality you crave the regime of it. 90% of the screaming marys on here wouldn't last 10 minutes in an unmoderated forum.

There are plenty of unmoderated forums out there that work very well, with real discussion, but would be too rough around the edges for most of you.

Well said.

Most people here would be destroyed in an argument in real life or maybe on another forum where people don't have protection so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Oh it still is.

That link, well lets just say don't believe everything you read on the internet.
    The only thing though is not everyone was going to treat it as tongue-in-cheek.

• Advertisement

Magaggie wrote: »
    The only thing though is not everyone was going to treat it as tongue-in-cheek.

Explain please? The forum was private when that alleged (fabricated) incident occurred.

Explain please? The forum was private when that alleged (fabricated) incident occurred.
    What I mean is: isn't it bound to have drawn people to it who were serious with the insults rather than just messing, which would then cause the joke to become serious? That's not a criticism of the forum (I don't specifically mean that incident).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

What?

Someone might need the services of DRF at some point in their Boards career so dissing it is hardly a good idea :D

What I mean is: isn't it bound to have drawn people to it who were serious with the insults rather than just messing, which would then cause the joke to become serious? That's not a criticism of the forum (I don't specifically mean that incident).

It was / is a game, I never took anything said there seriously as I'm sure did the other former or present members of the Dome, if they did / do, it wasn't / isn't the place for them.;)

It was / is a game, I never took anything said there seriously as I'm sure did the other former or present members of the Dome, if they did / do, it wasn't / isn't the place for them.;)
    I don't mean take insults seriously, I mean give insults seriously.

• Advertisement

I don't mean take insults seriously, I mean give insults seriously.

Understood, but don't take anything seriously and everything's fine, if a poster takes to personals (on any site) they get binned, it's simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Oh it still is.

That link, well lets just say don't believe everything you read on the internet.

There are LOADS of places where people abuse you from diff social platforms on the net. It's just the net. Nothing to do with thunderdome it happens all over boards.ie.

Lou.m wrote: »
    There are LOADS of places where people abuse you from diff social platforms on the net. It's just the net. Nothing to do with thunderdome it happens all over boards.ie.

Exactly.

Lou.m wrote: »
    They don't have the smokescreen of "It's only a joke" though. I am not criticising the Dome itself, as I found it hilarious to read, but it was open to abuse - which wasn't always going to be easy to prove.

I read the dome charter and it seems very sanitised, maybe too sanitised. I assume it's not adhered to strongly.

Macavity. wrote: »
    I read the dome charter and it seems very sanitised, maybe too sanitised. I assume it's not adhered to strongly.

Which one now, the one here, or the one on the new site?

Which one now, the one here, or the one on the new site?

The new website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

The dome was a pathetic place as is the new rats nest they built when they were all ran out of here. Same people just hurling stupid repetitive insults at each other then insulting each other for hurling the same repetitive insults at each other over and over.

The only break outside the pathetic repetitive insults were attempts to find out personal information about each other to really drive the pathetic repetitive insults home which inevitably let to bullying on and outside of boards.

The new website.

Oh it's adhered too, ask the few that have crossed the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Did we just become best friends?

Yup!

*High fives*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Oh it's adhered too, ask the few that have crossed the line.

My arse still hurts..

The dome was a pathetic place as is the new rats nest they built when they were all ran out of here. Same people just hurling stupid repetitive insults at each other then insulting each other for hurling the same repetitive insults at each other over and over.

The only break outside the pathetic repetitive insults were attempts to find out personal information about each other to really drive the pathetic repetitive insults home which inevitably let to bullying on and outside of boards.

Who was? All the dome posters still post here on Boards, pretty much every single one. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I'm sure they're all crying their eyes out when they compare their offerings to the pure gold you dish out here.

Who was? All the dome posters still post, pretty much every single one. :)

Yeah I now they are mostly still around but they moved to a new dome after it was shut down here and a few of them were banned.

Yeah I now they are mostly still around but they moved to a new dome after it was shut down here and a few of them were banned.

Go way. They did? I'm sure some of them just carried on posting on Boards though, surely they all didn't just curl up and die?

Amazingly inaccurate observations there, ill-informed it seems.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Best case scenerio: it would end up like politics.ie
    Worst case scenerio: it would end up like /b/

Neither option would be good for this place

Ill informed ? I know first hand what happened. Dav had it all spot on.

Well, I'd say some of their posts did come across as pathetic, there's always the odd few, baldly put. The Thunderdome was hardly unmoderated though, fact is, it was quite strictly moderated, the rules were just a bit different to regular forums. The mods and the posters had to have a give and take - it takes two to tango, much as I despise the tango.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Best case scenerio: it would end up like politics.ie
    Worst case scenerio: it would end up like /b/

Neither option would be good for this place

Aye. A boards /b/ would be a sight to behold alright... :eek:

Advertisement