Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus journey nightmare

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

You should be happy, if you were on the bus from Dublin to Monaghan you'd be listening to sheep.

Surely sheeple?

jimgoose wrote: »
    I used to get a Bus Eireann coach between Dublin and Limerick every few weeks at one stage as a youngfella. The consistently worst thing about that was probably the absence of a WC. This is why Monasterevin used to look quite good in those days. :D

But a feed in "Soon Fat" made it all worthwhile? :D

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I was once getting the bus from Carlow to Dublin early one morning after a heavy night of drinking, I got a roll of some sort in a near by shop before hopping on the bus this roll was in a small paper bag i wasnt quite up for eating it yet so I just kept it on my lap, It was a roasting hot day which only made matters worse, some elderly overweight woman sat in the seat beside me, worse again!

So about 30 min into the journey i start feeling pretty bad as in oh crap im going to puke bad!, i take a few deep breaths try and control my stomach, things settle down for a few minutes then we hit a bump in the road. My stomach does a back flip and that's it i cant keep it down anymore i feel the puke rushing into my mouth. I do the only thing i can and grab the paper bag the roll is it and puke into that, The bag holds the puke for about 2 seconds before it bursts, Que puke going every where all over me all over woman beside me and i continue to get sick a little more.

In fairness she took it in her stride, she of course did move seats but came back to offer me some tissue, so i had to sit there covered in my own puke for a good 45 min before we got to Dublin, Worst bus journey ever!

I generally sit behind a dreadlock on a long journey after a feed of pints. Then just catch two swaths like sheafs of corn and barf in between em. Always works. Alternatively, roll a big one outside the door at Bus Eireann and snooze all the way home :D

Advertisement