Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus journey nightmare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Chav with baby on bus part 2. On bus from city center out to college and a woman with a baby in a pushchair is shouting down the phone at someone. Child is a quiet wee angel but despite the child only being about 8 months at the max, it has a massive big blue lollipop. Who gives young kids crap like that. Childs face is covered in blue gick from it. What is wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Witchie wrote: »
    Chav with baby on bus part 2. On bus from city center out to college and a woman with a baby in a pushchair is shouting down the phone at someone. Child is a quiet wee angel but despite the child only being about 8 months at the max, it has a massive big blue lollipop. Who gives young kids crap like that. Childs face is covered in blue gick from it. What is wrong with people?

Never mind the crap that goes into bright blue lollys but the choking hazard :O
    My son is two and has never had a lolly!

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I was once getting the bus from Carlow to Dublin early one morning after a heavy night of drinking, I got a roll of some sort in a near by shop before hopping on the bus this roll was in a small paper bag i wasnt quite up for eating it yet so I just kept it on my lap, It was a roasting hot day which only made matters worse, some elderly overweight woman sat in the seat beside me, worse again!

So about 30 min into the journey i start feeling pretty bad as in oh crap im going to puke bad!, i take a few deep breaths try and control my stomach, things settle down for a few minutes then we hit a bump in the road. My stomach does a back flip and that's it i cant keep it down anymore i feel the puke rushing into my mouth. I do the only thing i can and grab the paper bag the roll is it and puke into that, The bag holds the puke for about 2 seconds before it bursts, Que puke going every where all over me all over woman beside me and i continue to get sick a little more.

In fairness she took it in her stride, she of course did move seats but came back to offer me some tissue, so i had to sit there covered in my own puke for a good 45 min before we got to Dublin, Worst bus journey ever!

The old lady should be posting here not you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Poor baby had no interest in it really and was chewing on the stick. Its now asleep so thankfully won't have to watch it choke.

Witchie wrote: »
    Poor baby had no interest in it really and was chewing on the stick. Its now asleep so thankfully won't have to watch it choke.

Some people :( I've seen 8 month old with coke in their bottle in the city and their parents looked like junkies. So gross :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I was once getting the bus from Carlow to Dublin early one morning after a heavy night of drinking, I got a roll of some sort in a near by shop before hopping on the bus this roll was in a small paper bag i wasnt quite up for eating it yet so I just kept it on my lap, It was a roasting hot day which only made matters worse, some elderly overweight woman sat in the seat beside me, worse again!

So about 30 min into the journey i start feeling pretty bad as in oh crap im going to puke bad!, i take a few deep breaths try and control my stomach, things settle down for a few minutes then we hit a bump in the road. My stomach does a back flip and that's it i cant keep it down anymore i feel the puke rushing into my mouth. I do the only thing i can and grab the paper bag the roll is it and puke into that, The bag holds the puke for about 2 seconds before it bursts, Que puke going every where all over me all over woman beside me and i continue to get sick a little more.

In fairness she took it in her stride, she of course did move seats but came back to offer me some tissue, so i had to sit there covered in my own puke for a good 45 min before we got to Dublin, Worst bus journey ever!

Did she ask "are you going to eat that roll?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I was one of the pukers on a trip from Galway to Dublin when I was in college. Managed to get most of it into a crisp bag and some tissues, and some on my clothes. Cleaned myself up as best I could when we stopped at Athlone but I was pretty sure I reeked of sick. I was sitting beside a chatty American guy who took it quite well, so well in fact that he asked me to go for a drink with him once we got to Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I pity anyone on a bus full stop. Horrible way to travel. used to have to do it for years, so many bad memories.

Vel wrote: »
    I was one of the pukers on a trip from Galway to Dublin when I was in college. Managed to get most of it into a crisp bag and some tissues, and some on my clothes. Cleaned myself up as best I could when we stopped at Athlone but I was pretty sure I reeked of sick. I was sitting beside a chatty American guy who took it quite well, so well in fact that he asked me to go for a drink with him once we got to Dublin :eek:

A chatty American guy with a vomit fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Vel wrote: »

Emetophilia. Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

You do, by all accounts, encounter a disproportionate amount of people on buses who seem to have problems keeping their bodily fluids confined within. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doyouevenwash

Some people just never wash themself's

jimgoose wrote: »
    You do, by all accounts, encounter a disproportionate amount of people on buses who seem to have problems keeping their bodily fluids confined within. :pac:

Yes when you see the body fluids waterfall coming down the stairs of a Dublin bus nitelink you know its time to try another way of getting home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I love going places on glass lorries, the further the better. I haven't met anyone weirder than meself on one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Some people just never wash themself's

And even more will skimp on hygiene with water charges :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I was on a bus in Limerick city once (it turned out to be the wrong bus, but that's another story), and this auld fella got on. He looked like he hadn't been in a city since 1962. Think filthy trousers held up with baling twine. I was sitting looking out the window minding my own business with headphones in. When he got onto the bus, I was alerted to his presence by one of the worst stenches I have ever experienced. I think everybody on the bus noticed it as soon as he got on. He smelled like shite combined with several decades' worth of B.O.

As he walked down the bus, I could see that everyone was petrified that he'd sit beside them (and then relieved once he had gone past them). As he approached my row, I just knew what was coming. Inevitably he sat down beside me. I honestly had to hold in the vomit when I got the full hit of his aroma from close up. I was trapped between him and the window. I could just sense that he wanted to strike up conversation with me, but I turned and studiously stared out the window. After a couple of minutes of me trying in vain to ignore the smell, he goes "grand day isn't it?". It's pissing rain outside. I slowly turned towards him, hoping he wasn't talking to me. He was, of course. I reply "yeah". Opening my mouth to say that almost lets the vomit out. Most of the other passengers are looking on with a mix of pity and disgust on their faces.

He proceeds to ask me where I'm from, who my grandparents are, what they did for a living, where they were from and so on. He won't accept that I'm from Galway city and keeps asking what part of county Galway I'm from. For some reason, I try to answer his question semi-truthfully instead of just getting up and moving seats. Maybe I was starting to get used to the smell. All the while he is enthusiastically scratching his scalp and various other body parts. I'm sure I'm going to get fleas.

Once we have established that I and the last three generations of my family are from no where near Limerick, he asks me where should he get off for Debenham's. I didn't know there was a Debenham's in Limerick. By this stage I have realised that I'm on the wrong bus and am lost, but can't decide what to do about it because I'm too busy trying to block out this old farmer's stench while responding as best I can to his genealogical enquires. After me telling him a few times that I have no idea where Debenham's is, he asks a woman on the row across from us. At this point, I should mention that he has a country accent was almost as strong as his odour. I had been struggling to understand him. This woman seemingly fails to understand and replies to his "where should I get off for Debenham's" question with "no, you're in Limerick", in a tone usually reserved for dementia patients. This annoys him. He tries asking me again. I still don't know where Debenham's is. This further annoys him. I eventually get off the bus into the lashing rain in some part of the outskirts of Limerick that I had never seen before just to get away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Start singing "Seven Drunken Nights".
    Reeeeeeeeeeeally slowly. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've had a few on the Dublin -> Dundalk route, back when it used to be over 2 hours long.

One time a shabby looking guy gets on the bus and sits in the centre seat on the back row. Me and a bunch of lads where scattered around him all telling our tales of the night previous. The shabby guy proceeds to open is bag, and take out plastic bags of individually wrapped in newspaper fresh fish. Must have been about 10 - 15 of them. The f*cking stench was horrendous. I never quite understood what he was doing.

Another time, a guy sits down beside me at the station in Dublin and with a Northern accent says 'Catholic or Prodestant?'. He was trying to start an argument with me the whole journey.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ...Another time, a guy sits down beside me at the station in Dublin and with a Northern accent says 'Catholic or Prodestant?'. He was trying to start an argument with me the whole journey.

Best thing to do there would be turn to face him, look him right in the eye, and roar "See yee, hi! Shut yur fuckan moyth!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I've had a few on the Dublin -> Dundalk route, back when it used to be over 2 hours long.
    Another time, a guy sits down beside me at the station in Dublin and with a Northern accent says 'Catholic or Prodestant?'. He was trying to start an argument with me the whole journey.

Best answer is "Jewish", but depending on the part of the North you are in, you may be asked "Catholic Jewish or Protestant Jewish?":D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The best answer would have been "I am God."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Then you would probably get knee capped by some Satanist provo splinter group:D

"...ond it turns owt I'm from Belfawst, hi! Shut yur furkan moyth!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

This one time I got on a bus and a junkie came on after me with a free travel pass.

It was a disgrace, Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

gugleguy wrote: »
    Please file under mission critical OP. MY add in: ensure they are good brand earphones like Apple, Seinheiser etc. So one earphone or both does not break down. Finally only operate on occasions like this. Otherwise may damage hearing function over long period of use.
    Point of order. Apple? Good headphones?!? Those yokes are part of the packaging and should be responsibly disposed of at the earliest convenience after purchase of the Apple device.

Seinheiser doesn't exist.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I hate buses...

I'm sensitive to smells. So all those people saying they've puked...I would have puked after you.

People eating on buses...they normally bring bags of crisps or sandwhichs full of every type of shyte including onions...once the smell hits my nose...vomit.

Perfume. B.O.

I'm the person on the bus covering my nose...I pull the neck of T-shirt up over my nose until I'm off the bus. And if I'm very bad I do bring vomit bags with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

=

I'm the person on the bus covering my nose...I pull the neck of T-shirt up over my nose until I'm off the bus. And if I'm very bad I do bring vomit bags with me.

Ur in hard luck there so because it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I hate buses...

I'm sensitive to smells. So all those people saying they've puked...I would have puked after you.

People eating on buses...they normally bring bags of crisps or sandwhichs full of every type of shyte including onions...once the smell hits my nose...vomit.

Perfume. B.O.

If you were waiting on a bus, 5 buses would probably come at once... or perhaps not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

nocoverart wrote: »
    If you were waiting on a bus, 5 buses would probably come at once... or perhaps not

Maybe that bus may never come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Monaghan > Dublin certain has a few colorful characters alright

I was up visiting father pickles in monaghan, and the day i was leaving i got violently sick, so i get some tablets to take with me and they done the job of keeping my insides inside me :P

Get to castleblayney and these three utter wastes of life get on the bus, two lads and a young one, and sit in front of me and on the other side.

Grand I have my headphones in, can't hear a thing, all is well, until my mp3 died :o from where the N2 starts outside ardee the whooooole way to dublin they were arguing, loudly about who has this drug and who paid for it, then yer one decided to cheat on this guy with the other guy right in front of him and call him names, which started a bit of a commotion, then yer one decided, I'm going to get high with lynx and a sock, and sing loudly cos I'm deadleee buzzed off me fayce

Literally the most horrendous journey I've ever undertook, how i kept it together and didn't smash her head off the windows i'll never know, I bought a car two weeks after :pac:

Advertisement