Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus journey nightmare

Options
  • 07-08-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭

Currently on bus from Monaghan to Dublin and have the pleasure of 2 loud mouthed young mothers and their screeching babies behind me. If the constant "f**k off and stop biting me" shouts at one of the babies wasn't enough, they have been playing loud music and one of the babies was trying to sing along but add to that the bus is so crowded that 3 people are standing in the stairwell of the emergency exit.

Help. Can someone rescue me?

Entertain me with your bus nitemares. I want to shout "bus wa*kers" at the top of my voice but since am one today I better not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Bus w@nkers!

Go on... do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Witchie wrote: »
    Currently on bus from Monaghan to Dublin and have the pleasure of 2 loud mouthed young mothers and their screeching babies behind me. If the constant "f**k off and stop biting me" shouts at one of the babies wasn't enough, they have been playing loud music and one of the babies was trying to sing along but add to that the bus is so crowded that 3 people are standing in the stairwell of the emergency exit.

Entertain me with your bus nitemares. I want to shout "bus wa*kers" at the top of my voice but since am one today I better not.

Happy Birthday

Your title made me think of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Crash the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Walk around the bus and start asking people to they want to become mormans. Everybody will pretend to be asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Ulsterbus or Bus Eireann? neither a nice trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

never ever travel on a bus without headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

No way OP I'm on the same bus. At 1:15 exactly lets both stand up and tell them to shut the fcuk up and control their brats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Entertain me with your bus nitemares.

The time I heard the Dublin bus driver ask the man with no legs or arms "well bud, howya gettin on?"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Bus eireann. I have headphones but they feckin broke in my bag. I don't think they would block these noisy feckers out anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

At least nobody is getting sick on a 4 hour journey in the seat behind you.

Oh jesus the smell of it.

Or the time I went to the loo at the break in sligo and missed the bus pulling away so went on the piss instead while i waited on the next one.

Woke up an hour and a half past my stop in the middle of nowhere in Donegal at midnight.

Then there was the huge guy who sat beside me one day despite their being other seats and then fell asleep and started drooling on my shoulder

Or the old lady who just wanted to talk about her family and all this inane crap but i didn't have the heart to tell her to whist.

Or the time i came back from amsterdam and knowing i had a 4 hour journey ahead of me left a good chunk of the first GoT book to read to keep me entertained.

Half hour in and the story ends and just has a bazillion pages showing family trees and that.

I should really start driving

• Advertisement

coldcake wrote: »
    No way OP I'm on the same bus. At 1:15 exactly lets both stand up and tell them to shut the fcuk up and control their brats!

Are you near back or front of bus? The kids aren't too bad actually its one of the mothers who is the main problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just get everyone to sing "The wheels on the bus go round and round..." The rhythmic tune will eventually hypnotise the kids and they'll fall asleep.

I travelled on a sleeper bus in Vietnam. 11 hour overnight journey. Forgot that Vietnamese are of a short stature so my 5'10" frame didn't fit into the beds on board.

11 hours. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Call in a bomb threat, I do it all the time.

danniemcq wrote: »
    At least nobody is getting sick on a 4 hour journey in the seat behind you.

Oh jesus the smell of it.

Or the time I went to the loo at the break in sligo and missed the bus pulling away so went on the piss instead while i waited on the next one.

Woke up an hour and a half past my stop in the middle of nowhere in Donegal at midnight.

Then there was the huge guy who sat beside me one day despite their being other seats and then fell asleep and started drooling on my shoulder

Or the old lady who just wanted to talk about her family and all this inane crap but i didn't have the heart to tell her to whist.

Or the time i came back from amsterdam and knowing i had a 4 hour journey ahead of me left a good chunk of the first GoT book to read to keep me entertained.

Half hour in and the story ends and just has a bazillion pages showing family trees and that.

I should really start driving

As bad on here. The smell of milk makes me want to boke. Add in a nappy being changed and my nose has had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

As bad on here. The smell of milk makes me want to boke. Add in a nappy being changed and my nose has had enough.

I did the jackass milk challenge in secondary school.

All went well had nearly the 4l done and my mate punched me in the stomach. What took 5 mins to go down came up in seconds.

I then had 3 or 4 hours of stinking of warm almost sour milk cause of the stomach acid and nobody would sit beside me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭KahBoom

One of the warmest days of the year, drunk guy gets sick all over himself while upstairs on a double decker bus, runs down the stairs and off the bus - smearing the handle bars while at it.

The smell of it was bad enough - being the first to discover the handle bars was far worse.

This year I think I'll start learning to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Larianne wrote: »
    Just get everyone to sing "The wheels on the bus go round and round..." The rhythmic tune will eventually hypnotise the kids and they'll fall asleep.

I travelled on a sleeper bus in Vietnam. 11 hour overnight journey. Forgot that Vietnamese are of a short stature so my 5'10" frame didn't fit into the beds on board.

11 hours. :(:(:(

You'd be lucky to sleep for the driving, never mind fitting on the bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

kingtiger wrote: »
    never ever travel on a bus without headphones
    Please file under mission critical OP. MY add in: ensure they are good brand earphones like Apple, Seinheiser etc. So one earphone or both does not break down. Finally only operate on occasions like this. Otherwise may damage hearing function over long period of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I had a nice Lithuanian woman spill her wine on me. After the third time I took the bottle off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Monaghan to Dublin? That's just a run up the road. Unless the journey is at least 5 hours, I've no sympathy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A guy puked in the aisle of the (packed) bus going from Dublin to Limerick. This happened somewhere near Monasterevin. I was sitting in an aisle seat and some of the barf spattered on my leg. The driver put the guy off at the next stop and had to make do with a newspaper to mop up the yak until we got to Borris in Ossory....

circadian wrote: »
    You'd be lucky to sleep for the driving, never mind fitting on the bed.

Yeah, that made the journey even more pleasant. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

A girl in her 20s who sounded like Mrs brown as her group of friends bitched about the "friend" who's party they went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I used to get a Bus Eireann coach between Dublin and Limerick every few weeks at one stage as a youngfella. The consistently worst thing about that was probably the absence of a WC. This is why Monasterevin used to look quite good in those days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Currently on bus from Monaghan to Dublin

You should be happy, if you were on the bus from Dublin to Monaghan you'd be listening to sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

I hate when people play those little portable radios on buses.

I was on a bus before heading into the city centre. I asked an old man what time it was, as phone was flat and he pulled up his arm and there was about ten watches on it, he asked me what time I wanted...

Another time I was on the phone to a friend and talking very low, it was just me and another guy on the bus, he looked like a serial killer. Anyway he started shouting at me, saying he hated my voice and shut the feck up, guess what about 12 at night and we were getting off the same stop. I ran like a crazy person home.

Technically if someone is being a nusiance on the bus (playing loud music, eating stinky McDonalds) the bus driver can have a word.
    Realistically, this doesn't happen.
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Got through it without punching the load foul mouthed dumb mum. She was a total nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I was once getting the bus from Carlow to Dublin early one morning after a heavy night of drinking, I got a roll of some sort in a near by shop before hopping on the bus this roll was in a small paper bag i wasnt quite up for eating it yet so I just kept it on my lap, It was a roasting hot day which only made matters worse, some elderly overweight woman sat in the seat beside me, worse again!

So about 30 min into the journey i start feeling pretty bad as in oh crap im going to puke bad!, i take a few deep breaths try and control my stomach, things settle down for a few minutes then we hit a bump in the road. My stomach does a back flip and that's it i cant keep it down anymore i feel the puke rushing into my mouth. I do the only thing i can and grab the paper bag the roll is it and puke into that, The bag holds the puke for about 2 seconds before it bursts, Que puke going every where all over me all over woman beside me and i continue to get sick a little more.

In fairness she took it in her stride, she of course did move seats but came back to offer me some tissue, so i had to sit there covered in my own puke for a good 45 min before we got to Dublin, Worst bus journey ever!

Advertisement