Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 8 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    That sounds good. I have Red Zone free on Sky Sports mix. It's good enough. How much does it cost?

135 I think but I had a discount code that came with madden 18. Think its around 160 full price

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

coco0981 wrote: »
    135 I think but I had a discount code that came with madden 18. Think its around 160 full price

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

God down Jordy Nelson getting an injury in the first play.... killed me this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I got it for 115 quid as a loyalty discount.

What I would have said this time last year:
    It is absolutely worth it for the condensed games. Typically, I watch around 5-6 of those on a Monday morning, as well as the TNF and MNF games.

I also like the archive for all NFL Films productions, as well as the sheer array of games available on it. Red Zone is unmissable.

What I Say Now
    It is just about worth it. I am worried how the condensed games aren't always ready by 7am the following morning. Red Zone is now on Sky Sports Mix. Sometimes the audio is not synched with the video. I hope things improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

D9Male wrote: »
    I got it for 115 quid as a loyalty discount.

What I would have said this time last year:
    It is absolutely worth it for the condensed games. Typically, I watch around 5-6 of those on a Monday morning, as well as the TNF and MNF games.

I also like the archive for all NFL Films productions, as well as the sheer array of games available on it. Red Zone is unmissable.

What I Say Now
    It is just about worth it. I am worried how the condensed games aren't always ready by 7am the following morning. Red Zone is now on Sky Sports Mix. Sometimes the audio is not synched with the video. I hope things improve.

Thanks! I was going to get it until I saw Red Zone is on Sky Sports Mix again this year. I think I'll pass this year though. Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

For what it's worth I had the Gamepass last year and this one, and I'm pretty happy even paying full price.

I didn't have any troubles streaming the audio/video and the condensed version of the games seem to be available the following morning (at least for the games I was interested to watch).

I was also expecting 2-3 games blackouts per gameweek (due to Sky rights) and so far we had none :)

EDIT: 08:20 AM and about to watch the Giants vs Lions condensed game now!

Is anybody else being offered ludicrous trades? Somebody offered me a borderline WR3 and RB2 for OBJ and D Hopkins.

Followed up with another ludicrous offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Is anybody else being offered ludicrous trades? Somebody offered me a borderline WR3 and RB2 for OBJ and D Hopkins.

Followed up with another ludicrous offer.

Ha ha...some offer there

If anyone has a RB they might consider offloading let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Is there a list where we can match up boards user names to team names? Would make it easier to consider trade options if we knew the squad that is looking to trade on boards.

Scratch that - I see the list 3 pages back.

• Advertisement

Watch your trade blocks as well. some of the teams have decent lads on their trade blocks. You don't want someone to activate that automatically and leave you with some "Sad Ken"-esque player

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Are offers for trading block listed players automatically accepted??

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

no.... in that case you could offer a kicker for someone with some value.
    DBIreland wrote: »

DBIreland wrote: »

You still need to accept it I think. I remember in a previous season they were processed and people were losing the bap about it

They don't need to be accepted in any league I have been in. Can we confirm this? Otherwise, I will clear my block. I mean I would be interested in shopping Gillislee or TY Hilton, but not if it means I inherit Chris Hogan or Jacquizz Rodgers.

Rodgers looks like he could have potential. I was tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

you all know you can make counter offers.... part of the fun of trading is the back and forth, most trades start with a low ball offer.
    PauloConn wrote: »
    Rodgers looks like he could have potential. I was tempted

There is low ball and there is D-Hop and OBJ for Jacquizz and Chris Hogan........

I find it very difficult to take someone serious after such a ludicrous offer.

Anybody want a good tight end? I have Ebron and Delanie Walker. I would throw in Gillislee for an elite RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Jimmy Graham: 1 yard! Thankfully I won.

• Advertisement

There is low ball and there is D-Hop and OBJ for Jacquizz and Chris Hogan........

I find it very difficult to take someone serious after such a ludicrous offer.

I was offered Jacquizz and 3rd string Giants WR Brandon Marshall for Jordan Howard earlier. Appreciate the offer but Jacquizz is gonna be 2nd choice RB in 2 weeks when Doug Martin is back and Jordan was my first round pick. Not happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bam_Dan

any chance we can get the waiver periods reduced, its a bit of a killer when you're trying to plan for a game

That's the standard settings for all divisions of boards fantasy football. Not sure if we would be allowed change mid season or not

I've got a numdinger of a matchup with Breeslt this weekend. Thankfully Jordy Nelson pulled in a couple to TD's to ease the pressure on his embattled coach.
    This is going to go right down to Monday night (I hope)

Looks liked the 8 points I left on the bench by not starting Rivers has doomed me to a third successive loss. 3rd highest score of the weekend and I come up against 1 of the 2 teams.

Where is the justice????

PauloConn wrote: »
    Looks liked the 8 points I left on the bench by not starting Rivers has doomed me to a third successive loss. 3rd highest score of the weekend and I come up against 1 of the 2 teams.

Where is the justice????

Fantasy can be annoying all right. I have the highest scoring team in either of our divisions but unless kelce has a good game tonight i will still be 2-2

Another frustrating season with no promotion aspects....

I just caught the fantasy scores after finally finishing watching the Red Zone recording of the first few games on Sunday (was at London watching NO win :) ). Wow, that was an intense matchup Corhen Warriors. Glad leaving Kupp on the bench didn't come back to haunt me.

On the other hand, it seems Dalvin Cook has a torn ACL...

• Advertisement

Think i'm back in the W column again although only due to going up against someone with an injured QB and 2 players on bye weeks.
    My QB changes worked well, was worried that leaving Rivers on the bench was going to hurt me. Watson dug deep and even though they lost to the Chiefs, he still pulled me in 5 TD passes. Hero

Advertisement