Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Championshps Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

The idea of the semi final was to qualify for the final which he did so is within his right to celebrate achieving what the goal of that race was.

I don't think you'll see him celebrating if he crosses the line in 4th or 5th in the final regardless of how he runs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

pistol_75 wrote: »
    The idea of the semi final was to qualify for the final which he did so is within his right to celebrate achieving what the goal of that race was.

I don't think you'll see him celebrating if he crosses the line in 4th or 5th in the final regardless of how he runs.

Sometimes everyone is entitled to celebrate their achievement, coming in whatever position though:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men's_800_metres#Final

The only person who performed below their best in that race was in 7th as he merely managed to get a seasons best. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Remind me how many European and World boxing titles Ireland holds exactly?

2 in boxing. Not that it matters

http://statsthatarepointless.wordpress.com/2013/06/06/ireland-at-the-european-amateur-boxing-championships/

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Did Jerry say Rob Heffernan did a 35km time trial 10 days ago or was I imagining it? Could have something to do with the result.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Come on Mark!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

BRONZE. Well done:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Woo! Irish man on the podium!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

why has he got an Ivory coast flag??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AlsoRan

Brilliant from Mark, very controlled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Mark English you fukcing BEAST!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭VanDinkle

Yay....... well done Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭the_real_lamp

Soo happy I was wrong.

Brilliant Mark, well done!

Just watched the replay. Did he leave himself a lot to do down the back straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Great job from English whoever said the day off between races could be the difference for him appears correct, unreal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭notsofast

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Just watched the replay. Did he leave himself a lot to do down the back straight?

Not as much as the Pole in second! Finished like a train.

BBC2 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

interview BBC2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

That's what it looked like, but the pace seemed pretty unpredictable.

Oh well, I'm glad we got something out of these Champiosnhips. :D

Just said it was his plan for 51sec first lap, so thats what he was sticking too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Fantastic performance by Mark English grab the bronze medal. I wasn't expecting to much after the semi but he really delivered today. A terrible performance by Bosse, what was he thinking?

I was very disappointed to hear Robert Heffernans comments that once he couldn't get gold he had no interest in the race. A very poor outlook, I would expect much better from a world champion. While he has been successful, it's not as is he has won everything going.

Was glad to see Martin Rooney win the 400, he burst onto the scence back in Beijing but he hasn't really delivered since. Very impressive time, would be competitive in a worlds final. I thought Hudson Smith should have been DQ'd.

Very impressive by Hassan in the womens 1500.

Is that our first 800m championship medal outdoors ever? I know Noel Carroll did it indoors in the 60's but I can't remember anyone doing it outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

KJseApN.gif

That Dutch birds a cracker:D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Amazing running by Schippers and another great performance by Williams for silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Don't think the fast first lap in the semi suited him, he wanted to be able to kick

RTE2 now

"Was your Mother watching?" FFS, whats this with RTE and Mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

rte need to get someone like Feidhlim Kelly doing the post race interviews. Kathryn Davis is woeful at these interviews. Nice lady but questions she asks are so so predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Biddy_61

"Was your Mother watching?" FFS, whats this with RTE and Mothers.

Agreed. Cringe interview!

Advertisement