Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Defenders - 3 for 13.5-14M

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Who's gonna start for Stoke between - Wilson and Cameron?

Neither are nailed on to start. I've gone with Pieters myself. Has some competition from Munisea, but should start. Wouldn't risk any of the 4.5 ones myself.

There has been a number of posts about the Stoke backline also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With long gone from hull I'm thinking hull could go back to 4 3 3 their signings of Snodgrass and Ince would make more sense with this formation. Could spell trouble for bruce if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Anyone picking Naughton with Walker out injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

irish son wrote: »
    Yup. Hopefully get a couple cleanies early on and pick up a price rise while assessing the rest of the 4.5m defenders. Walker hasn't played since March so he's nowhere near match fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I fail to see the logic in bringing in a player for one game, spurs away to west ham is unlikely to be a clean sheet and Naughton is unlikely to get you attacking points. Walker is very close to returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I fail to see the logic in bringing in a player for one game, spurs away to west ham is unlikely to be a clean sheet and Naughton is unlikely to get you attacking points. Walker is very close to returning.
    Articles I've read have him out through the first international break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I thought I read he is out for a month :confused:

I agree its not worth getting a defender in for one game, I don't understand the love for Chambers on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I thought I read he is out for a month :confused:

I agree its not worth getting a defender in for one game, I don't understand the love for Chambers on here.

Apologies in that case, I thought I read Pottechino say the other day that Walker is taking full part in training most days and was a major doubt for he first game, perhaps I should do more research before posting:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

So will Naughton be first choice for the first few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Articles I've read have him out through the first international break

I read that but without any actual quote to back it up. Pochetino said something along the lines of 'some days he's fine in training, some days he feels some pain' re. Walker - sounds like one of those strange injuries and hard to tell when he will/won't play

he played 45 mins of Spurs' pre-season U.S. tour that's all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Why has every one got bruce? or am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

With long gone from hull I'm thinking hull could go back to 4 3 3 their signings of Snodgrass and Ince would make more sense with this formation. Could spell trouble for bruce if so.

Good spot unfortunately.....

Although it would be a bit odd and risky to play a totally different formation preseason than in the league. They have Sagbo and Aluko who have played preseason too.

D_turbo wrote: »
    Why has every one got bruce? or am i missing something?

Hull have been playing 352 in preseason and Bruce has been in the team. However his surprisingly high ownership is probably mostly down to being the highest scoring last season of the 4m defenders. Filter defenders max price 4mon the FPL site and he's at the top so a lot of people looking for a filler just stick him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I've been away for the summer and haven't had a chance to do my team until now.

Since Shaw is out injured, will the young lad James debutise at home to Swansea? Can't think of any other United players who are left footed that could play there. Something which is very important for the 3-5-2 formation.

My defense is currently: Collins, Vergini, Chambers, James, Wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Who's gonna start for Stoke between - Wilson and Cameron?

FFS seem to reckon Wilson will so I've gone with him! Will be a disaster if he doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

SantryRed wrote: »
    I've been away for the summer and haven't had a chance to do my team until now.

Since Shaw is out injured, will the young lad James debutise at home to Swansea? Can't think of any other United players who are left footed that could play there. Something which is very important for the 3-5-2 formation.

My defense is currently: Collins, Vergini, Chambers, James, Wisdom.

You'll have to go into the cheap midfielders thread to find United's LWB.

Ashley Young has basically been a hybrid of Bale, Ronaldo & Roberto Carlos.... In preseason.... :)
    He's almost certain of the LWB spot. Some healthy discussions on the merits of Young on here recently :)
    Tyler Blackett may be the cheap way into United's defence. He'll prob start in the back 3 if Evans doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hughes is doing his presser now. Hopefully he says something of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

FFS seem to reckon Wilson will so I've gone with him! Will be a disaster if he doesn't!

I think Wilson will lose his place after the third match away to City. Can't see him keeping Huthout for too long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm going with Hutton, Moore, Bruce, Dummett & Ferdinand as my back 5

20.5m for the lot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think Wilson will lose his place after the third match away to City. Can't see him keeping Huthout for too long anyway.

Wait, is Huth not going to start for stoke?? really?? i have him in my first 11, im 50/50 between him and bardsley, would obvs go for bardsley if huth is not first 11.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dempsey wrote: »

20.5m for the lot

What made you splash out on Ferdinand? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »

20.5m for the lot

Bruce and Dummett may not play.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Wait, is Huth not going to start for stoke?? really?? i have him in my first 11, im 50/50 between him and bardsley, would obvs go for bardsley if huth is not first 11.!

What about Pieters?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

PARlance wrote: »
    What made you splash out on Ferdinand? :)

He'll start every game :P
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Bruce and Dummett may not play.

Any 4.0m players that are definite?

As RMT thread i a bit in overdrive I may have more feedback on this cheap defence related question here.

Unsure about how necessary a united defender is just yet. Considering rotating a heap of 4.5m lads for three spots. So...

B) Jones, Colochini, van Aarnholt, Bruce, Moore.

or

A) Wilson, Taylor, Colochini, van A, Chester.

Same cost.

I'm aware of the game time risk of Bruce and Wilson. Farly sure Bruce will start but may be dropped if they go back to fa back four. Wilson will probably start the first few at least by which time Cameron (hopefully fresh from a few price drops) could come into contention.

Ps: Have Courtois in goal hence no Chelsea def.

FHFC wrote: »
    As RMT thread i a bit in overdrive I may have more feedback on this cheap defence related question here.

Unsure about how necessary a united defender is just yet. Considering rotating a heap of 4.5m lads for three spots. So...

B) Jones, Colochini, van Aarnholt, Bruce, Moore.

or

A) Wilson, Taylor, Colochini, van A, Chester.

Same cost.

I'm aware of the game time risk of Bruce and Wilson. Farly sure Bruce will start but may be dropped if they go back to fa back four. Wilson will probably start the first few at least by which time Cameron (hopefully fresh from a few price drops) could come into contention.

Ps: Have Courtois in goal hence no Chelsea def.

I'd prefer option a which is the second option you gave most people would have called that option b . I used that fpl wizard app and am going with wisdom Hutton Taylor van Aanholt and pieters . 22 million with some lovely fixtures. Krul and elliot in goal so that's 30.5 for my back 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

How often would you play Moore? Their fixtures are awful.

Anyone considering Baird? Looks like he's played a lot of pre-season in a midfield 2.

I'd prefer option a which is the second option you gave most people would have called that option b . I used that fpl wizard app and am going with wisdom Hutton Taylor van Aanholt and pieters . 22 million with some lovely fixtures. Krul and elliot in goal so that's 30.5 for my back 7.

Hmm, dunno how I did that. On my phone in my defence....

Thats a cheap back 7 all right. My budget for either option above is 32.5 including keepers but with Chsea cover. Probably....:)

Liam2012 wrote: »
    How often would you play Moore? Their fixtures are awful.

Anyone considering Baird? Looks like he's played a lot of pre-season in a midfield 2.

Rarely. FPL Wizard gave me a rotation up to week 10 on which he played 2 or 3 times.

• Advertisement

Burnley have signed Stephen ward. Take that Mourinho.

Advertisement