Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Defenders - 3 for 13.5-14M

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He plays on other side of the pitch to Mariappa.:confused::confused:

When he plays though, Ward moves across to Mariappa's wing so his presence has a direct revelance to Mariappa's playing time.

I've been away since our initial debate re Mariappa. Has he seen more playing time in recent pre-season matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemlin wrote: »
    When he plays though, Ward moves across to Mariappa's wing so his presence has a direct revelance to Mariappa's playing time.

I've been away since our initial debate re Mariappa. Has he seen more playing time in recent pre-season matches?

Palace played 2 games during the week at the same time. One was the first team ,the other an XI of backups and new signings ,Mariappa started in the first team with Dann Delaney & Ward. Williams was is in the other team same with Hangeland.

Yesterday they played again with Williams playing a full 90 with Mariappa on bench.

I still don't see Williams starting against Arsenal It would be a ask for him to try contain Alexis imo.

Palace played 2 games during the week at the same time. One was the first team ,the other an XI of backups and new signings ,Mariappa started in the first team with Dann Delaney & Ward. Williams was is in the other team same with Hangeland.

Yesterday they played again with Williams playing a full 90 with Mariappa on bench.

I still don't see Williams starting against Arsenal It would be a ask for him to try contain Alexis imo.

Was it mainly the first XI yesterday?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Was it mainly the first XI yesterday?
    Yep mostly first choice
    Crystal Palace: Speroni (Hennessey 46), Ward, Dann (McCarthy 82), Hangeland, Jerome Williams, Puncheon (Gayle 65), Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie (Bannan 65), Chamakh (Guedioura 72), Campbell (Murray 65).
    Unused subs: Mariappa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

How come Enda Stevens isn't listed in the game? Seems to have played a few games pre-season at LB and expected him to be a 4.0m option. If he gets gametime during the season and then gets added then I fear he'd be coming in at 4.5

Pulis on Mariappa
    CRYSTAL Palace boss Tony Pulis is hoping that Adrian Mariappa is fit to face Arsenal on Saturday after picking up an injury.

The former Reading and Watford man travelled with the Eagles to face Augsburg on Saturday but Pulis didn’t want to risk the defender in the build-up towards the new Premier League season.

“Mapps was struggling with a rib injury and we put him on the bench,” the manager told www.cpfc.co.uk.

“I didn’t really want to take a chance with the game (against Arsenal) so close.

“I am sure he will be all right.”

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pulis on Mariappa

aaaaagggghhhhhh I might chance him so

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Most of us wouldn't be playing our Palace defender GW1 anyway. Now to figure out whether it's a risk worth taking over Ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Funny the way a lot of teams are playing 3 centre backs again. It obviously increases his chances of game time. He was playing the last European game so I'd expect him to start the first game anyway.

• Advertisement

Pulis on Mariappa

At least that should deal with that quandary. I can't understand why Pulis have him so little time pre season though.

I think I'll stick with what I have and can work him in later if needed. I wouldn't play him in GW1 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is Bartley likely to start for Swansea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

djPSB wrote: »
    Is Bartley likely to start for Swansea?
    I flagged him in another thread but seems like Swansea are looking for a replacement...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91692409&postcount=141

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads looking to go cheap on the defence i will be playing 3 at the back so looking at two 4.0 defenders to rotate. Who do people think will start looking at King but not sure who else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You could start by reading this thread maybe ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91668616&postcount=43

Not sure how long Evans is out for but Tyler Blackett (4.5m) could be a decent short term punt. Only 191 people own him currently.

Same with Reece James with Shaw injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not sure how long Evans is out for but Tyler Blackett (4.5m) could be a decent short term punt. Only 191 people own him currently.

I'd imagine it'll be senior players to deputise

CSF wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be senior players to deputise

With the United defence so unsettled I think not only is it hard to know who to go with but clean sheets might not be as certain as people think till they get a settled back line.

Might do the Callum Chambers thing for a couple of weeks then take the best option from United.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Greencrack

Would anyone have a recommendation for 3 players worth 12.5 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Greencrack wrote: »
    I'm going with Moore, Hutton, and Rio at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Greencrack wrote: »

Hutton Duff Chambers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'll probably end up with Hutton. I'm mainly looking towards GW2 as I may need to play my £4m defender instead of Debuchy. He sounds like he's nailed down a spot, even scored the other day although I wouldn't expect to see that again! Villa play Newcastle at home in GW2, and he seems the best £4m option ahead of Wisdom, Targett and Bruce. None of those three are nailed on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Could someone point me to that article/page showing teams' rotation with one another please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

keane2097 wrote: »
    Could someone point me to that article/page showing teams' rotation with one another please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057251675

keane2097 wrote: »

There is also a fantastic free Android app called FPL Wizard which is amazing for picking defensive rotation options.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any Villa fans able to confirm if hutton will start at RB. I need one 4 million def.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Someone here previously said he was nailed on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

I think Tyler Blackett is going to start for united at the weekend. Been impressive pre season and evans is injured so other alternative, he is priced at 4.5 , should keep a clean sheet at home to swansea, but dont see him playing much beyond this weekend especially as united are buying rojo who plays in his position of lcb in a 3-5-2

2,000 people have signed him up since i wrote this. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Who's gonna start for Stoke between - Wilson and Cameron?

Advertisement