Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting until Marriage.

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Silverman11

I would have thought the gentleman's club forum be a suitable one if i were to discuss it.

That's what I was going to do but I would have liked a woman's opinion on it. What is this After Hours usually used for? I am rarely on Boards.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I cannot believe the hateful, ignorant comments I have seen in this thread. If the people who are acting like this hidden behind a screen would act like this when they are out and about then they would be very lonely people.

You'll never be lonely because you have Invisible Space Dad to keep you company.

How's he keeping lately? Had any good chats? Or any contact whatsoever? As in, ever, in your entire life?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I cannot believe the hateful, ignorant comments I have seen in this thread. If the people who are acting like this hidden behind a screen would act like this when they are out and about then they would be very lonely people.

They're a bunch of meanies, don't take it personally though. I'd say a lot of them haven't been to mass in weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Have to agree, you've taken some awful crap for being religious. I don't believe in a god, but fcuking hell, nobody needs to ridicule you over it. Pointing out flaws in your beliefs and the way you apply them in life, fair enough, but ripping into you is unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Silverman11

You'll never be lonely because you have Invisible Space Dad to keep you company.

How's he keeping lately? Had any good chats? Or any contact whatsoever? As in, ever, in your entire life?

You really are a horrible person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Why not address what the OP has asked, instead of needlessly mocking him because he has a different belief system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Silverman, why not start a new thread about this in the Christianity forum? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=333

(Assuming you're christian).

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

That's not a nice comment...go enjoy your life Op....life will dictate itself...keep happy...life is good...keep positive...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

You really are a horrible person.

It's ok sweetie. Your guy (who is the only guy, **** all those other religions who think their guy is THE guy) will get me in the end and give me what for because i posted means things in a silly thread about stupidity.

Oh wait, no.

I'll just slip off into nothingness like every single other living thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

mickydoomsux wont be replying for a bit.

mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

catallus wrote: »
    You see, OP, this is what you're up against here, (some people are so blinded by the current societal pressure to be seen to be all-embracing of total sexual freedom that they react with vitriol and intolerance when confronted by someone who might treat sex as something to be treated with reverence and respect (is it because such an attitude makes them face up to their own hang-ups? Interesting question!) and see anyone like you who would air such views as being a freak or troll) and it might be prudent to keep in mind that you might be the subject of some ridicule in the real world if you do decide to stick to your guns, but from reading your posts it would surprise me if someone like you would care very much about that.

Why are they laughing, in those cages?

I have no hangups.
    I enjoy sex.
    I don't believe in make believe ****e written in a book by someone off their head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

A lot of the comments you got that you viewed as ignorant and hateful were true, you've many naive notions that needed addressing for your own good.

I would be just as blunt with you in real life had you raised the issue with me, just to make you see why you shouldn't be so hard on yourself and for you to enjoy a more normal, enjoyable life -and I'm far from lonely for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    A lot of the comments you got that you viewed as ignorant and hateful were true, you've many naive notions that needed addressing for your own good.

Should we all start laying into you too for your many naive notions that need addressing "for your own good"? I've rarely wasted my time in the past with your posts, I don't intend to waste much time on them here either.

I would be just as blunt with you in real life had you raised the issue with me, just to make you see why you shouldn't be so hard on yourself and for you to enjoy a more normal, enjoyable life -and I'm far from lonely for it.

The hell is so "wrong" with his life? You've given it welly in your posts in this thread alone about how you won't have people dictate to you how to live your life. What right do you think you have to impose your ideas of what's normal and enjoyable for you on someone else? You're not lonely for it but jesus your posts manage to come off fairly dull and full of spite, hatred and bitterness all the same, whereas the OP has shown levels of restraint I've never seen the likes of on Boards. Anyone else would laugh at you for your naivety, but I'm not like that, waste my time on it tbh.

I am a 20 year old male and I am thinking of saving myself until marriage.

The problem is nowadays people don't tend to wait until marriage nowadays.
    I wonder if I can find a girl that will wait for me.

I am just looking for people's opinions really. Thanks

I am really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

OP I'm actually familiar with your posts in other forums on this site and tbh I never actually knew what to say to you. You're very young yet even to be thinking about marriage, and that wouldn't be the first thing I'd put on the table when you talk to girls. Allow them to get to know you as a person first, and then as you both get to know each other a little better those topics of conversation are going to come up naturally.

There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of girls out there that are prepared to wait until they are married to be intimate with a man, and they aren't all necessarily religious either. I was out for dinner myself last night with mutual friends of mine, she's a devout Catholic, he's not bothered a whole lot by the idea. He was far from a virgin when he met her, but he's prepared to wait until their wedding at the end of January when they get married.

I've known both these people separately for longer than they've been going out, and sexual compatibility is the very least of their worries. Why? Because they actually get on great together and they have a great time in each others company. They laugh and they joke and they're like any other boyfriend and girlfriend you'll see out having dinner with their friends.

None of us here knows what's ahead of us in life OP but the amount of scaremongering and projection I've seen as I read through the last 47 pages of this thread has been nothing short of embarrassing, and for those posters that have called you naive, delusional, all the rest of it, they're the poster that needs to take a good hard look at themselves in the mirror. You're already off to a flying head start in any girl's books for the way you were able to maintain your composure and your dignity here in the face of an overwhelming amount of just, utter, utter bullshìt really, no other nice way to say it.

OP I think you'll actually work out just fine tbh, and look, trust me, as far as sexual compatibility goes, and I don't mean to be crude here, but it doesn't matter if you're hung like a donkey and your wife is so tight you wouldn't get a credit card in there, the fact of the matter is that there are at LEAST a million and one other ways in which you can please each other sexually. This notion that virgins know nothing? Honestly OP I've had as much mind blowing sex with inexperienced girls as I've had girls with experience. Every single time is different, because every person is different, and truly, when it comes down to it, you're as much a blank slate with the next person as they are with you. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking experience makes you great in bed. Because the same amount of times I've had mind blowing sex, jesus there's been times when it's been shìt. Usually when I've just met the girl and I we didn't take any time to get to know each other first. Mileage may vary with your experience obviously, because we're two different people, but what I will say to you is - a long lasting relationship isn't based on what's in your pants. It's what you've got going on upstairs, that'll really make the difference.

From what I've seen of the way you've conducted yourself in this thread OP, you should be well proud of yourself.

Jesus some posts in this thread scream "I'm a horrible bastard".

FFS lads.

Is it any wonder that some people have a low opinion of After Hours when there's nastiness like this around.

Silverman, I'm sorry that you had to put up with this vitriol, and I hope it won't put you off AH because it genuinely can be a great forum to post - usually when the keyboard warriors are off fiddling with themselves.

I'm going to close this up for now, but there is a Personal Issues forum, and also as magaggie pointed out, religious forums, that might suit you better.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement