Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting until Marriage.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Silverman11

What ways are these Silverman? Stuff that you have seen on TV or read in a magazine? **** like that won't go down too well!! Or are you going to base it on all your experience? Oh wait, you won't have any experience as you are going to wait until you're married!

Anyways I have no problem with what you are doing, if its going to make you happy then fair enough. However I do think you are quite naive and idealistic (there a lot worse things to be in fairness), but I would like to give my future wife a good shag on her wedding night, something you are not going to be able to do if you have no experience. But you never know, you might meet a girl who shares your view about waiting, don't fancy your chances though!!

As a matter of interest is it because of your religious beliefs that you do not wish to engage in sex until married?
    Have people had so many bad first times that they feel everyones first time will be bad. Big deal if we don't do it right or I slip on the lube or something. If it is with the woman you love it shouldn't matter.

Nope, it's pretty realistic.

Human males are designed the same way as any other animal meaning that spreading their seed to the "best" females is a primary objective and females are designed to gravitate towards the "strongest" male. We like to pretend we aren't animals and dress our interactions with each other up as relationships when that's actually against our basic human nature to do this.

You bringing Invisible Space Dad into it adds another layer of abstraction to this already bizarre situation.

Can you please not mock my Faith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Can you please not mock my Faith.

My "faith" consists solely of mocking your faith.

What now?

What now?

I don't mock you for your Beliefs so why do you do it to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Have people had so many bad first times that they feel everyones first time will be bad. Big deal if we don't do it right or I slip on the lube or something. If it is with the woman you love it shouldn't matter.

A lot of peoples first time can be bad, nerves, soreness etc. But yeah you're right, if it's with the woman you love and she loves you it won't matter. By the same token though it would not matter if you had sex before marriage if you love each other. What difference does waiting until you get married make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I know what ya mean. That was just in response to people saying the first time won't be great.

You realise you replying to your own posts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Only read a few posts.....OP you only 20 come back here in a few years......

A lot of peoples first time can be bad, nerves, soreness etc. But yeah you're right, if it's with the woman you love and she loves you it won't matter. By the same token though it would not matter if you had sex before marriage if you love each other. What difference does waiting until you get married make?

I know what ya mean. That was just in response to people saying the first time won't be great.

You realise you replying to your own posts?

Haha Thanks. Fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

What now?

The fiery pit awaits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Love... an emotion. But what is an emotion? Basically, an "emotion" is nothing more than a set of chemical reactions occurring in the brain.

Matter of fact, "love" produces chemical reactions that are identical to eating large amounts of chocolate.

I love being a complete bastard and ruining the pureness of love...

• Advertisement

Haha Thanks. Fixed it.

Super, thought you were loosing it :pac:

Snowshower wrote: »
    Only read a few posts.....OP you only 20 come back here in a few years......

Indeed. Once your knob ends up in a wet box God goes flying out the window.

Super, thought you were loosing it :pac:

I think that ship sailed... :D

Indeed. Once your knob ends up in a wet box God goes flying out the window.

Fúck sake, I'm after spraying coffee all over the screen of my laptop...

Priceless!!! :D

Sky King wrote: »
    The fiery pit awaits you.

Egads! Whatever shall i do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

DazMarz wrote: »
    Love... an emotion. But what is an emotion? Basically, an "emotion" is nothing more than a set of chemical reactions occurring in the brain.

Matter of fact, "love" produces chemical reactions that are identical to eating large amounts of chocolate.

I love being a complete bastard and ruining the pureness of love...

Baby don't hurt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Egads! Whatever shall i do?

REPENT!

Sky King wrote: »
    REPENT!

Will Invisible Space Dad accept my apology?

How will i know? I mean he hasn't given me or anyone else in the entire history of humanity any concrete evidence whatsoever that he even exists or anything but he'll surely tell me that i'm all good with him, right?

Could all you guys taking the piss just stop it now. It is getting old.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Baby don't hurt me.

Don't hurt me no more!!!

• Advertisement

Why didn't you post this thread in a more appropiate forum op?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Yep agree with you but you asked for it...remember this is an Internet forum....

Snowshower wrote: »
    Yep agree with you but you asked for it...remember this is an Internet forum....

Not just any forum... After Hours on boards.ie

This is a cesspit.

There's a delusional buffoon sub-forum now?

I was told that this was one of the places that I could post it by a moderator. I was going to post it in the personal issues forum but the moderator said it wasn't the appropriate place.

There's a delusional buffoon sub-forum now?

Even if he posted it in the farming forum plenty more bachelors there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

What difference does waiting until you get married make?
    It's against his religion not to wait though. And other people are saying "This video/image will make you want to have sex", "Go to a prostitute" - these are pointless because he doesn't want to have sex until he gets married; those pieces of advice are answering a different question.
    Join a youth group aligned with your church OP - that really is the only advice I think can be given. If you give in to temptation before marrying though, it's only responding to a biological urge. Humans aren't supposed to be infallible. The church should forgive.

I cannot believe the hateful, ignorant comments I have seen in this thread. If the people who are acting like this hidden behind a screen would act like this when they are out and about then they would be very lonely people.

I cannot believe the hateful, ignorant comments I have seen in this thread. If the people who are acting like this hidden behind a screen would act like this when they are out and about then they would be very lonely people.

Welcome to the Hotel Internet-a, such a lovely place, such a lovely place...

• Advertisement

I was told that this was one of the places that I could post it by a moderator. I was going to post it in the personal issues forum but the moderator said it wasn't the appropriate place.

I would have thought the gentleman's club forum be a suitable one if i were to discuss it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement