Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting until Marriage.

Options
  • 04-08-2014 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

I am a 20 year old male and I am thinking of saving myself until marriage.

The problem is nowadays people don't tend to wait until marriage nowadays.
    I wonder if I can find a girl that will wait for me.

I am just looking for people's opinions really. Thanks

I am really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Admit it, you just cant get the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

FearDark wrote: »

Based on all of his past posts, you're right.

OP, unless sshe's a strict Christian, she's not going to wait.

Most people do not want to wait until marriage. How could you agree to spend your entire life with somebody without knowing if you'll even enjoy any intimacy with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kev2Dee

Fairplay to ya for waiting untill marriage, but i can sense its gonna lead to problems in the future mate. Not many women will understand your commitment. But best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

problem with waiting until marriage, is the sex will be really shít on the honeymoon. Then again, a lot of experienced people are shít at it too.. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

What if your sexually incompatible with your partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Silverman11

:) That's not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If it feels right to wait then go for it, I'm sure there are women out there who feel the same. Why not have sex though just out of interest?

I am a devout Catholic and I am also a Romantic :)

You're SERIOUSLY deluded.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    What if your sexually incompatible with your partner.

I honestly think that I can talk through it to find out if me and my future wife would be compatible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I honestly think that I can talk through it to find out if me and my future wife would be compatible.

If you're a virgin, how could you possibly ever know whether you'd be sexually compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Assuming you are as devout as you seem to be, the problem with sex before marriage would be the use of contraception surely.

If you have sex with someone you love and are in a committed relationship with, even if you're not married, then I'm sure God will forgive you.

So what you're telling me OP is that when you're getting down to it with a good looking girl and the horn is busting out through your pants do you just think "Jesus is watching" and stop? That's an awful way to live your life. I have news for you, Jesus is as real as Santa Claus and you're just denying yourself the thing you were put on this planet to do. You get one life - make the most of it, don't live it by following a made up book about made up things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The pressure release valve will go eventually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

People who want to wait until after marriage are usually religious nuts and/or have some seriously unhealthy hangups about sex.

I genuinely pitty them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

There are plenty of women out there OP who would be looking for a guy just like you.

Building a relationship based on friendship and trust is something that should happen for everyone. Sex doesn't need to come into it for a lot of people.

People who want to wait until after marriage are usually religious nuts and/or have some seriously unhealthy hangups about sex.

I genuinely pitty them.

And/or daddy issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Consider the problem of compatibility, not getting it out of your system before you settle down, the chance of something happening making sex impossible in the meantime. Romance is neither here nor there. Sex or the lack of it =/="romance".

catallus wrote: »
    There are plenty of women out there OP who would be looking for a guy just like you.

Yeah but I bet they're land whales with daddy issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Yeah but I bet they're land whales with daddy issues.

Well that's just mean!

Well that's just mean!

I'm a dickhead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It seems that sexual freedom means it's fine, even laudable to shag as many people as possible and that's being true to yourself, but deciding to not to is considered a defect? To me freedom means just that, freedom to make the choices you want to make and if you want to wait then do so.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Okay I am going to explain myself further. I am a Catholic and my faith is really important to me (btw I do not judge anyone for having sex before marriage. My motto is to love all :) ) I do agree with the idea about sex before marriage but I also find it really romantic the thought of saving myself for the woman I love.

I honestly believe that I could talk with my future wife as regards sexual compatibility. I can't see how I couldn't.

And Fear Dark I would appreciate it if you didn't attack my beliefs. I don't attack yours. And all women are beautiful :)

Building a relationship based on friendship and trust is something that should happen for everyone. Sex doesn't need to come into it for a lot of people.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    It seems that sexual freedom means it's fine, even laudable to shag as many people as possible and that's being true to yourself, but deciding to not to is considered a defect? To me freedom means just that, freedom to make the choices you want to make and if you want to wait then do so.

Thank you.

Okay I am going to explain myself further. I am a Catholic and my faith is really important to me (btw I do not judge anyone for having sex before marriage. My motto is to love all :) ) I do agree with the idea about sex before marriage but I also find it really romantic the thought of saving myself for the woman I love.

I honestly believe that I could talk with my future wife as regards sexual compatibility. I can't see how I couldn't.

And Fear Dark I would appreciate it if you didn't attack my beliefs. I don't attack yours. And all women are beautiful :)

you can still do all that without the marriage thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Jeez, what if you never get married? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Fair play to you OP, don't see nothing wrong with what your doing,if that's what you want and believe well good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

If it's something you feel strongly about, it's probably something your wife would have to feel strongly about too. So feeling strongly about that could qualify as sexual compatibility, maybe?

Good luck with it anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wibbs wrote: »

Well outside of the board-sphere I don't come across many people who think it's fine to shag as many people as you want. Quite the opposite in fact.

Likewise, most would think that suppressing sexual urges in the name of romance or to adhere to a religion is a bit weird, and unhealthy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement