Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival Sep 4-7

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Anyone know who the 'Beers of Toronto' guest are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Picked up two weekend tickets in Drinkstore tonight, really looking forward to it. Since it began, its progressed amazingly. Every year it gets bigger and better, and it's lovely to admire the constant growth of Irish craft beer.
    So many new breweries popping up, and there's always really interesting one offs at it aswell.
    Super weekend it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Guilley_Brews

In relation to specials, Bo Bristle have announced two:
    A 7.7% DIPA and a 7% Imperial Red

They have an event page on their facebook page covering their build up to the event:
    facebook.com/events/1521139038103051/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
    THey are also going to be giving away weekend passes in this 'event'

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

drumswan wrote: »

I saw a tweet that said they were bringing beau's all natural lugtread which I'm excited about as I always get some whenever I'm home

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Here's the breweries:
    Mill St. Brewery
    Steam Whistle Brewery
    Brickworks Ciderhouse
    Great Lakes Brewery
    Beau’s All Natural Brewing
    Side Launch Brewing Company

All bottles, most likely.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

will be able to rock up on friday without tickets or do we need to get them ahead of time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I'm very excited, I must admit.

The West Kerry Dark Mild is quite intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

will be able to rock up on friday without tickets or do we need to get them ahead of time?

You can buy them at the door. In saying that I'd imagine it will be quite the queue around 5-6.30pm with people attending after work

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

DarrenG wrote: »
    In saying that I'd imagine it will be quite the queue around 5-6.30pm with people attending after work
    Queues. Those of us on the door are generally pretty good at getting people through, but then there'll be a separate queue for tokens, and those didn't move nearly as fast at peak times last year. My recommendation is do not show up between 6 and 7 on Friday. Or if you do, don't be surprised that there are queues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

epic :eek:

can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Only 3 sleeps left....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

BeerNut wrote: »
    Queues. Those of us on the door are generally pretty good at getting people through, but then there'll be a separate queue for tokens, and those didn't move nearly as fast at peak times last year. My recommendation is do not show up between 6 and 7 on Friday. Or if you do, don't be surprised that there are queues.

Wasn't knocking the people looking after the entry for the festival. I know it's Beoir volunteers who look after it. I'm a member too but can't help out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Tempted to go in on the Thursday to have a swift tasting session of some of the specials. Hopefully it won't be as busy then! Will go over the weekend too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Search "ICBFC" in the google play app store for an app to bring to the festival

App
    The Irish Craft Beer Festival returns to RDS, Dublin from 4-7th September 2014. A celebration of Irish craft brewing, live music and fabulous Irish artisan food stalls.
    Featuring over 40 Irish craft breweries, craft cider producers and International guest breweries the festival is expected to attract over 10,000 attendees throughout the weekend. This year, the team is looking forward to showcasing niche brands, new products, as well as providing craft-beer lovers with a unique insight to the Irish craft brewing scene and the opportunity to meet the brewers and taste over 200 different beers and ciders.
    This App is the digital program featuring all the brewers with bios; and all the beers.
    Rate the beers and tick them off...

Part in bold is interesting to me, as usually I do "forget" which beers I've had.

Also, does anyone fancy an impromptu Boards Beer Forum meet at this on Saturday?

Say, anyone who feels like it go to a certain brewer's stall at a certain time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Will be going Thursday as I've a long weekend off, can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Also, does anyone fancy an impromptu Boards Beer Forum meet at this on Saturday?

Say, anyone who feels like it go to a certain brewer's stall at a certain time?

Sounds like a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Managed to convince a couple of the lads to go to this on Friday (the tenner entry fee seems to be putting others off :rolleyes: recession still going strong I suppose!)

Shame St.Mels isn't on the list but am looking forward to trying a few new beers.

Saw some mention of queuing for tokens, what's that about?

penev10 wrote: »

No cash in the hall, buy tokens and exchange for beer. Standard at beer festivals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

penev10 wrote: »

You can also pay by card if you want or out of cash. No atm on site

oblivious wrote: »
    You can pay for tokens with cash or card

oblivious wrote: »
    You can pay for tokens with cash or card. Probably best to bring cash to avoid delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

You can pay for tokens with cash or card. Probably best to bring cash to avoid delays.

Yes, but as there isn't an ATM on site, I was just point it the option of using card rather than a walk to ballsbridge

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

If you buy online from Martin's in Fairview they'll post for free and give you a €5 online voucher with each ticket. Quite the proposition.

Just won tickets off Bo Bristle. WOOHOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Was in Brew Dock today and got their last two 1-day tickets. Must be selling well. Just need to source one more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Will the stalls be selling bottles to take away for the limited edition beers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Anyone else having trouble getting the app on the play store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

jsa112 wrote: »
    Will the stalls be selling bottles to take away for the limited edition beers ?

Don't know, but I'd say some would with a growler. Might be worth messaging them on Facebook?

Advertisement