Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Tropical Cyclone BERTHA

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

On an island off Western France. Just south of Nantes. And while you have got the rain we got the wind. Sustained heavy warm wind since the middle of the night with what feels like Gale force gusts.We are on the South facing of the island and get the brunt of it. View from the beach far out to the Atlantic is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just looking at the rotation of the rain on the radar, is the low passing over Dublin City now?

Has that moved a bit north from what they were saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭bmc58

Much ado about nothing.A few showers is all we got where I live.
    All it will do is make my grass grow quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

bmc58 wrote: »
    Much ado about nothing.A few showers is all we got where I live.
    All it will do is make my grass grow quicker.

The lightening storm a few weeks ago that hit the South east had petered out for the most part before it got to Bray. Much ado about nothing would have been a silly comment for me to make just because Bray only ended up getting a handful of strikes and 20 minutes of heavy rain......

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Absolutely chucking down rain in north London, but not particularly windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

jprboy wrote: »
    Go on, admit it, your earlier prediction was wrong :P

Well, this AM I took a snap of my physical rain gauges, one read 27mm the other is overscale @25mm, so my part of cork got pretty much as expected.

How did everyone else do. It was pretty massive rain for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Meh! No Hurricane Charlie!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

26mm of rain overnight, feels very autumnal outside today.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Heavy rain last night in South County Dublin but cloudy/sunny and blue skies here now. Very windy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We have had heavy rain for most of the morning here in Castlebar, been quite humid as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Well, this AM I took a snap of my physical rain gauges, one read 27mm the other is overscale @25mm, so my part of cork got pretty much as expected.

How did everyone else do. It was pretty massive rain for a good while.

Hats off so, excellent prediction on your part :)

I was looking at the radar yesterday evening and it seemed that parts of Cork City were getting very heavy rain over several hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dring

still very active and extensive, stretching from Arctic down to Portugal

Advertisement