Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Tropical Cyclone BERTHA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

howlinwolf wrote: »
    met eireann have taken down their yellow weather advisory for tomorrow night/sunday for potential heavy rain in the south and east ... im assuming that means the models must be in agreement about the system staying to our south and heading into the english channel :rolleyes:

Seems to be still up there. Attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Seems to be still up there. Attached.

That's the APP, not sure of the update on that, it's not instant at any rate.

I expect 25mm of rain in Cork overnight with little wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Low seems to be headed further south again on latest GFS. Heaviest rain stays just off coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Nothing set in stone yet, 06Z HIRLAM now showing less intense rainfall but over a wider area.

EGpkbDO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭howlinwolf

we've had some intense rainfall over the last 2 weeks on and off especially over munster and leinster giving localized flooding, at the moment I don't see this system being and worse unless it stalls over Ireland and the u.k which seems very unlikely ...does anybody know how fast the system is travelling, it is slow moving or fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its being downgraded by degrees - it now looks like it'll be worth a couple of hours of heavy rain at most for most of us who are under its path.

Take it with a big pinch of salt because each model and each individual run has been different, but the latest HIRLAM is showing ~75mm of rain over Cork by noon tomorrow.

pc3CnlZ.png

Take it with a big pinch of salt because each model and each individual run has been different, but the latest HIRLAM is showing ~75mm of rain over Cork by noon tomorrow.

I'm sticking with my 25mm prediction, but looking out the window at the mist ....... up to Wednesday I was expecting about 80mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The rain is set in in cork city anyway.

Not often you see this chart getting maxed out. A hell of a lot of moisture associated with ex-Bertha due to her tropical past compared to more typical lows.
    The exact track will determine whether the torrential stuff stays off the coast or goes far enough north to inundate southern coastal areas.

8t6ymSD.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,029 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

here's the radar from 9pm
    4KTnP3.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Not often you see this chart getting maxed out. A hell of a lot of moisture associated with ex-Bertha due to her tropical past compared to more typical lows.
    The exact track will determine whether the torrential stuff stays off the coast or goes far enough north to inundate southern coastal areas.

8t6ymSD.gif
    That chart has been wrong all day for the south wicklow area.
    Completely missed a heavy shower around 4 and its also been raining solid here since 7pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Been non stop since 7 down here in youghal. All I need is sum thunder & lightening & I would b a happy bunny

Brillo rain here now for a while, and my WS has stopped recording, so I;m blind, blind I tell you, have to open the window and look out.

I have to use the word lashing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Roads starting to flood a little here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Torrential rain now in Rochestown. Some thunder and lightening would be the icing on the cake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Moderate rain here since about 8pm delivering a total of 11.2mm. Radar watching seems to suggest heavier stuff is on the way.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Latest from Met Eireann
    STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Dublin, Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow, Offaly, Westmeath, Meath, Cavan, Monaghan, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford

Heavy rain this evening, overnight and on Sunday. Amounts 25 to 50mm.
    Issued:
    Saturday 09 August 2014 23:00

Valid:
    Saturday 09 August 2014 23:00 to Sunday 10 August 2014 15:00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Brillo rain here now for a while, and my WS has stopped recording, so I;m blind, blind I tell you, have to open the window and look out.

I have to use the word lashing. :o

Go on, admit it, your earlier prediction was wrong :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Absolutely lashing it down co. Waterford, has been, no sign of let up any time soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Very intense rain for last hour in blackwater Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Rain is unreal still in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Gorgeous calm moonlit night in Achill. Really glad we are missing the rain for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Lashing in south county dub!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

very heavy rain now for a few hours constant in waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Noah's ark outside : crazy rain

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Drove home around 2 and it was very heavy out there. Lots of surface water almost everywhere.

Been pissing down in Dundalk since about 6 yesterday evening. Pretty sure that was too early for this system but it hasn't stopped since. There was a good inch and a half in the evening from 6 til 8 and it hasn't stopped since. Glad I live next to the sea. :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Just stopped in Sth. Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

That was a fun night in youghal lol its lovely & sunny now. I can only imagine what it is like in cork city

Advertisement