Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying things that happen on a flight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

hairybelly wrote: »
    I think people who get mad at others reclining seats need to lighten up a bit. It's one of the most least invasive things you can do.

It is, by it's very nature, the definition of invasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im over 6ft and if the person in front uses the recliner im goosed for leg room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Crash wrote: »
    Just remember, on a plane, you are CONTINUOUSLY being farted on. Everyones at it, non-stop, cus no one thinks you can hear them.

Dirty feckers.

*parp*

:D

There was a bunch of young fellas on a flight back from Amsterdam a few years ago who were having a competition to see who would make the loudest/ smelliest ones. It was gross! (I laugh at it now though because I'm not smelling them anymore!)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

When the plane lands and theres a mad rush for the exit which just resutls in everyone jam packed in the aisle for 5-10 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When that honey coated, coke filled condom, keeps floating up and down
    in your stomach like a bubble in a spirit level...........yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,077 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Smoking..... hate the idea of sitting for up to 8 hours with people smoking, they usually aren't too impressed when i order them not to :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The chap beside you in the suit making a point of reading his newspaper during the flight safety announcement because he wants you to think he flies so often he doesn't need to listen to it anymore.

Tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭pavb2

hairybelly wrote: »
    I think people who get mad at others reclining seats need to lighten up a bit. It's one of the most least invasive things you can do.

Agreed they should be a bit more laid back about it

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Moronic cringe-worthy folks, usually American, who clap the pilot for doing his f*cking job! :confused:

Imagine being in the office at work and completing your daily work, as redundant as it may be 365 days a year, and having a chorus of claps every few hours to show you've done it properly. I'd leave that company for fear of going as mad as them...

...and crashing, I hate it when planes crash.

it is worse when crazy Ukrainian ruskie wannabes shot ya down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Aglomerado wrote: »
    :D

There was a bunch of young fellas on a flight back from Amsterdam a few years ago who were having a competition to see who would make the loudest/ smelliest ones. It was gross! (I laugh at it now though because I'm not smelling them anymore!)

Did any of them accidentally graduate to a shart?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Hold the Cheez Whiz

Lapin wrote: »
    The chap beside you in the suit making a point of reading his newspaper during the flight safety announcement because he wants you to think he flies so often he doesn't need to listen to it anymore.

Tosser.

You really think that people read through those announcements because they are trying to show off to the people around them? That seems like a weirdly insecure reaction, TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Tosser.

First time flyers hanging on every announcement from the flight attendants.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tosser.

:confused: All regular fliers feel like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

Passengers reading flight manuals. Makes me nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

"It's 7AM and you had three hours sleep last night, but we're here to tell you that you should buy something buy something BUY SOMETHING BUY SOMETHING!!! We'll keep telling you about the crap we're selling at a volume that even your headphones can't drown out for the next two hours because everybody knows that AIRCRAFT ARE THE BEST PLACES TO SHOP!! BUY SOMETHING!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Hold the Cheez Whiz

People who watch movies on their tablets or laptops and don't wear headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mr Keek wrote: »
    People who use my seat back as a crutch to prop themselves up to get out of there seat.

Was sitting in front of some fat prick and every time he got up from his seat he used my seat back as a crutch to get himself out. First couple times I was OK about it, but after the third time I waited for Him, and when I felt him pulling my seat back, I pressed my recliner button. His pressure cause the seat to collapse straight back and I heard him him fall back onto to the seat like a tonne of lard.

I had a chuckle! Few of my fellow passengers found it entertaining too!

:pac::pac:
    I can just imagine that. Hahaha. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Strumms wrote: »
    The twat in front of you who insists on having their seat reclined from the second they sit down.

This happened to me on a rather long flight to Asia. I tapped them on the shoulder and asked very nicely them would they mind putting the seat back up.

They did, and I enjoyed the rest of the flight. Or as much as you can when stuck on an airplane for 11 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Not an onboard peeve, but being asked to dig out your boarding card when buying a packet of mints or a Twix in some WH Smith somewhere always pissed me off no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I don't like when people are practically leaning across you to look out the window then you're in the window seat.

If you take out the leaning across bit, is it rude to stare out the window if you are middle or aisle seat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

"It's 7AM and you had three hours sleep last night, but we're here to tell you that you should buy something buy something BUY SOMETHING BUY SOMETHING!!! We'll keep telling you about the crap we're selling at a volume that even your headphones can't drown out for the next two hours because everybody knows that AIRCRAFT ARE THE BEST PLACES TO SHOP!! BUY SOMETHING!!!"

So you don't want bus tickets, smokeless cigarettes or scatchcards? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jjbrien wrote: »
    So you don't want bus tickets, smokeless cigarettes or scatchcards?

I'm not sure, you'll have to ask me again. Repeatedly. And much more loudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Went to America 11 years ago, the in-flight movie was Far & Away with Tom Cruise and that horrible accent of his. There was some other Oirish film that was equally terrible.

On the way home, they played the same movies again

Hehe, my wife has this weird habit of not watching the best movies on the way over, to save them for the way back WTF ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I'm not sure, you'll have to ask me again. Repeatedly. And much more loudly.

I thought with the new nice ryanair morning flights were supposed to be quiet like ones before 9am. My recent 6am flight to Birmingham was anything but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Was in Krakow last week coming home with the family. Security made me open every bag, take out every device (milk pump and camera) and every bottle of breast milk.
    Had 2 young kids with us.
    Then we had to show our boarding card 4 times in 20 yards to the gate.

I'm leaving the kids at home next time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

People who spend the majority of the flight feck acting about in the over head lockers, nothing is that important that you feel the need to stand up every 10 minutes and rummage around, just sit down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

jjbrien wrote: »
    When the person on front of you has a very annoying kid and wont control them.

or when the person in front of you has dandruff and keeps running their fingers through their manky hair yuk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Not strictly on a flight, but I like to think there's a special place in hell for those morons who bulldoze their own mothers out of the way as soon as their luggage appears on the carousel.

It's going to come around, relax the kax!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Couple of things, I'm 6'4 and hate it when the person in front of me tries to recline their seats, I normally position my knees so that they can't push it back, hurts like hell on my knees but worth it.
    Another thing is I usually fly Aer Lingus and pick my seat around row 7, but they then decide to load it from the back which is a pain what is also a pain some smart arse gimp in row z decides to put their hand luggage over your seat so not only do you have to wait to get on then there is no place to store your hand luggage except under the seat! I blame the stewards they shouldn't allow that to happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who make a mad dash to the gate as soon as boarding is announced.

Plane won't take off any quicker, especially with assigned seats, your seat will be there & plane won't take off any quicker.

Priority boarding on Ryanair, why the fook would you bother ( see above).

Idiots who are surprised you have to take out wallet/keys & take off belts before you go through security. I always have everything stuck into pocket of hand luggage/jacket pockets before I get there. Managed to skip the queue ahead of people fumbling through coins & usual pocket sh1te last week.

Am I in the minority of people who love it when there is turbalence. Breaks the boredom of the flight & fun watching peoples reactions.

People who as soon as plane touches down on runway, jump up into aisle & get there carry on down from lockers. It is going to be a good 10 minutes before we get to the gate & the doors are opened. Sit the fcuk down.

Advertisement