Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying things that happen on a flight

Options
  • 31-07-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭

Moronic cringe-worthy folks, usually American, who clap the pilot for doing his f*cking job! :confused:

Imagine being in the office at work and completing your daily work, as redundant as it may be 365 days a year, and having a chorus of claps every few hours to show you've done it properly. I'd leave that company for fear of going as mad as them...

...and crashing, I hate it when planes crash.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sinus infection. Feels like your heads gonna explode!

And morning wood when you wake up and you're sitting beside a stranger... That can be awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Artillery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

When someone near you takes their shoes off.

I don't care if it helps circulation or you've been wearing them for 20 hours. I don't want to smell your manky feet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

I was once on a flight where Celine Dion bursted into song.
    So ....that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

When you decide to buy a sandwich on board and regret it five minutes, and nine euro, later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

When people try to talk to me when all I want to do is sleep. It's 6.30 in the morning for god sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

When the champagne isn't served at its appropriate temperature, ruins the whole flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

When the person on front of you has a very annoying kid and wont control them.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

smash wrote: »
    Sinus infection. Feels like your heads gonna explode!

And morning wood when you wake up and you're sitting beside a stranger... That can be awkward!

Horrible thing to have why flying is a sinus infection. I had it happen to me twice in one day. Not nice at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

When you remember "oh **** im flying with Ryanair" say goodbye to the feeling in your legs for the next few hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

KeithM89 wrote: »
    So ....that.

I bet you'll think twice about booking another flight with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Fecking hen's parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Newborn babies anywhere close to the vicinity of my seat.

So ....that.

Was that Air Canada as they used to play this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

When the little brat sitting behind you is kicking your seat

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Super high altitude farts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

When the passengers are told that the plane is about to land and the old men stand up and get their coat from the overhead compartment.

Clapping the pilot for landing the plane.

Babies crying on the plane the whole way through the flight do you think the parents would use a pacifier :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

jjbrien wrote: »
    Was that Air Canada as they used to play this

No, she was actually on the flight, up in First.
    They lied when they said the head phones were noise cancelling :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

When you start sounding like an alien from a bad 1970s film when you talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Plebs from economy using the toilets in Business Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Flying after scuba diving, 48h after isn't enough for me :(

No, she was actually on the flight, up in First.
    They lied when they said the head phones were noise cancelling :(

My misses likes her i gave out to her the other day for playing one of her songs I told her to put on her headphones. Didnt go down too well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

First Up wrote: »
    Plebs from economy using the toilets in Business Class.

Yes I make a point of this. Leave the seat up and never flush either. Capitalist swine, that'll teach 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The twat in front of you who insists on having their seat reclined from the second they sit down.

The seat mate who wants to also have all of the armrest and 20% of your personnel space as well as all of his own.

The parents who let their kids run riot up and down the aisles banging into you when you are trying to get some kip on long haul.

The tosser who decides to stop and chat at the door with the flight attendant while boarding blocking the whole process, we were already 90 minutes late !

The two posh auld ones who arrived on board late, carrying their designer shopping bags without a care in the world and the flight attendant who rewarded them with a smile, some sympathy and a glass of water, I arrived on time and got none of the above.

Hmmm most people

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

KilOit wrote: »
    Flying after scuba diving, 48h after isn't enough for me :(
    Always thought it was 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I love the clapping for the pilot thing!

Hate rowdy boozed up holiday makers. People that take over my arm rest. People who close the blind. And the toilets, I hate the toilets!! I do what I need to and flush at the very last second before diving for the door, that flush freaks me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Hold the Cheez Whiz

Moronic cringe-worthy folks, usually American, who clap the pilot for doing his f*cking job! :confused:

Imagine being in the office at work and completing your daily work, as redundant as it may be 365 days a year, and having a chorus of claps every few hours to show you've done it properly. I'd leave that company for fear of going as mad as them...

I live in the US, and I never noticed people clapping until I started flying Southwest airlines (US low-cost carrier), which is super family-friendly - on any given flight, the whole back of the plane is full of parents traveling with small kids, and they like to clap. On that note annoying things:

- parents who let their kids kick the seats or bounce up and down over the seat
    - parents who don't give their infant a bottle or pacifier for takeoff and landings
    - parents who ignore their little monsters screaming and running up and down the aisle

I HATE LAZY PARENTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭pavb2

As I take my seat I always give a cheery salutation to my fellow travelling companions based on the principle that they may be the last person(s) I ever speak to. Quite often this is met with no acknowledgement or a curt grunt and then silence for the rest of our journey. I then find it quite strange that as your about to disembark fumbling with straps and general baggage accoutrements they then try to strike up a conversation with you.

I put it down to nerves . . . Or maybe it's me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Hold the Cheez Whiz

pavb2 wrote: »
    As I take my seat I always give a cheery salutation to my fellow travelling companions based on the principle that they may be the last person(s) I ever speak to. Quite often this is met with no acknowledgement or a curt grunt and then silence for the rest of our journey. I then find it quite strange that as your about to disembark fumbling with straps and general baggage accoutrements they then try to strike up a conversation with you.

I put it down to nerves . . . Or maybe it's me

Have you ever struck up a conversation with someone at the beginning of a flight only to have them talk you to death for the rest of it? If you talk to someone for the last 15 minutes, and they are crazy or annoying, then at least you know that you'll be able to escape soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

When you are separated from your travelling companions and the twerp beside you wants to know how your holiday went

That weird airplane in flight smell

The little bing when the seat belt light comes on

Landing half way through the flight home to refuel

When Gerard Depardieu pees in front of you

Advertisement