Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Paully D wrote: »
    From what I've seen so far he's the best receiver in the draft class IMO. Due to the off-the-field concerns I think he may well slip out of the first round but without question he's a first round talent. I'd imagine Josh Gordon will frighten a lot of teams off though.

On pure talent he is probably the best receiver but a year out of the game & the character issues will keep him out of the 1st imo.

I honestly wouldn't touch him till the early 4th. There are just too many questions that you can't answer until he hits the field.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I don't get it. The article explains why it looks like he's heavier. They even put a second photo from the same event beside it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'd expect a centre to have that gut if he was tied around the waist, no way Rodgers, Brady, Rivers etc would look like that

Plenty of less than flattering pics of Eli, Peyton, Big Ben etc. out there.

Why are you ignoring the other photos of him from the same event? Suppose this is this year's "Eddie Lacy is fat". Something has to kill time in the offseason.

• Advertisement

Off to search for half naked men..

Expected him to be bit more ripped.

Lacy needs to bulk for him position ( not that he's fat)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Green-Beckham is the best receiver in the draft IMO. I'd compare him to AJ Green in that he has similar length and speed. He should prove to be a top red zone threat in the NFL. If I was a GM in need of a WR I wouldn't hesitate taking him end of the 1st or start of the 2nd round. All the reports from Oklahoma are that he's turned his life around, he had a tough upbringing spent in foster care homes but hopefully he's got back on track now as he's a terrific talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,600 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Will I'm not in the Green-Beckham is the best receiver in the draft group. I think Amari Cooper is head and shoulders above everybody else. He is just a football player with great skills, you can teach people to play the game but his natural instincts are what sets him apart for me. I think he is going to go on to be a great in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,642 ✭✭✭nerd69

eagle eye wrote: »
    Will I'm not in the Green-Beckham is the best receiver in the draft group. I think Amari Cooper is head and shoulders above everybody else. He is just a football player with great skills, you can teach people to play the game but his natural instincts are what sets him apart for me. I think he is going to go on to be a great in the NFL.

people seem to be arguing kevin white ahead of amari at the moment for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

eagle eye wrote: »

yeah Amari Cooper looks the best imo, i think he will go in first 5 picks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

They're aren't many 6'1 greats in the NFL at WR position. That's the problem with Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Jaelen strong is my own favourite receiver in the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Mike Mayock conference call has just started. Transcript of it is always a good read.

what do ye think of shaq thompson lads?

from what iv read and the admittedly little iv seen of him he seems like he could be an interesting weapon in the hands of a good coach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Morrison J wrote: »
    Mike Mayock conference call has just started. Transcript of it is always a good read.

Bit early this year is it? Looking forward to every caller starting with "Hi Mike, thanks for doing this.." If anyone has an audio link please share.

franglan wrote: »
    Bit early this year is it? Looking forward to every caller starting with "Hi Mike, thanks for doing this.." If anyone has an audio link please share.

He always does one pre-combine and then another in May. I'll post the transcript or audio when I get it anyway. Over 2 and a half hours this year..

NFL Media PR ‏@InsideNFLMedia 3h3 hours ago
    For those interested, a transcript and audio file of today's conference call with Mike Mayock will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm sure the proper NFL copy will be much better quality, but for those that can't wait until then to listen here's a Soundcloud link to Mayock's conference call below. You'll have to excuse the origin of the link, Steelers Depot (*shudders*) :pac:

https://soundcloud.com/steelersdepot/mike-mayock-2015-precombine-nfl-draft-conference-call

Skip to 5 minutes in for the first question.

Looking forward to listening to it on my commute in the morning.

EDIT - You got there before me, Franglan. Great minds think alike I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2355579-2015-nfl-draft-combine-three-fastest-40-yard-dash-times-will-receive-porsches#articles/2355579-2015-nfl-draft-combine-three-fastest-40-yard-dash-times-will-receive-porsches

Adidas are offering a free Porsche 911 Carera to the 3 players with the fastest 40 times at the upcomign combin. There is a slight catch, you have to sign a contract to with Adidas to receive the car.

• Advertisement

So who else is going to be spending their weekend watching this then? :D

02151dc4fcbfc54b3bc05c173392486a.png

bits and pieces id say can never watch it through

yeah same here bits and pieces of it.

Presume its on NFL.com?

Shame its not on Sky.. my new desk in the office really eats into my NFL time :pac:

yeah same here bits and pieces of it.

Presume its on NFL.com?

Shame its not on Sky.. my new desk in the office really eats into my NFL time :pac:

its always on gamepass anyway could be worth getting for the draft anyway

Will watch the WR/RB/DB 40s, that's about it. The rest of it is shockingly boring.

Mariota and Winston WILL throw at the Combine, per NFL.com.

I'd imagine Bridgewater's decision to wait until his pro day to throw has had an impact on this. They'll be hoping to knock it out of the park over the weekend and then they're done and won't have to bother throwing at their pro day.

Paully D wrote: »
    Mariota and Winston WILL throw at the Combine, per NFL.com.

I'd imagine Bridgewater's decision to wait until his pro day to throw has had an impact on this. They'll be hoping to knock it out of the park over the weekend and then they're done and won't have to bother throwing at their pro day.

herd someone was saying he will benefit from it even if he misses all his targets (ala cam newton and he still went no.1) they said its more about footwork than anything and thats something he has to show if he wants to be drafted high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

It's about time they adjusted the 40 yard dash in the NFL Combine. It has so many basic flaws.
    1. Most of the players do not play from a three point stance. It suits people with a background in sprinting as they are used to coming out of a low stance. Taller players find it much slower to come out of a low stance.
    2. The players don't run it in pads.
    3. It should be repeatable 40 speed based on typical game rest time. You should have to run at least five 40's. A player is going to have to run a hell of a lot more sprints than that in four quarters of a game.
    If you changed those three aspects you would see many guys currently running 4.6's coming up much more favourably in terms of repeatable speed from a standing start.
    Several guys running 4.3's would fall off majorly in repeatable 40 speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just had my first experience of watching the combine. 5 minutes of O Linemen doing the 40 is enough for me so I'm out.

• Advertisement

jake fisher ran a 5.05 really really good time for an o-lineman but if the eagles draft him to replace todd herrimans as a lot of people where saying we would he would still be our slowest lineman :D

Advertisement