Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Furp wrote: »
    This sounds very good and I am tempted the only catch I can see is you only have access to the games while they are in the vault, much like Netflix any time they can remove the games.

At least thats the way I read it:

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/terms.html

Apparently they've confirmed on twitter that they won't be taking games out of the vault, not going to go looking for it.

Most likely that language is in there for a specific reason, such as at some point in the future, they sell off the rights to one of their franchises, meaning that they can't legally still sell it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Allyall wrote: »
    I think this is terrible. :(
    I don't want to be 'slagging off' either company, but this honestly just looks like a way to get more money off people, while pretending it is a better 'service'..
    Davei141 wrote: »
    How is it terrible? You do know if people don't think it is good value they just won't purchase it? I'm seriously struggling to see the negative angle to all this, as somebody who loves playing sports games locally 2 player this sounds brilliant.

Really hard to see how this is terrible to be honest.

From the very start, you get access to four recent enough games for a very decent price, early access to upcoming games, and a discount on all digital products.

Also, all companies are profit making companies, of course they are looking to get more money off people. With this, most people have decided that this is a very good deal, and thus is acceptable to most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Does anyone else get no payment option when trying to sign up?

I only get the use a code option, no 1 month or 12 month option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Bought 12 months from the EA Access app from the US store.

I have just confirmed that the EA Access vault works for game sharing.

Instructions
    Each EA app is linked to an email address so the person you are game sharing with will need to download the EA app from the person who will be making the purchase.

(e.g) Failsafe buys pass. Person I share with accesses the EA App from the "Ready to install list" in My Games & Apps - which means its downloading the app from my download list.

Then your buddy can open the Vault at any stage and download any the games there.

*Side note: I already own Battlefield 4 on disc. I notice now that I no longer need the disc to fire up the game so I am going to trade the physical game in.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I still haven't got any email,even though I'm in the preview program :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

nanook5 wrote: »
    I still haven't got any email,even though I'm in the preview program :(

I got no mail either, check your messages on xbox live thats where I got a code.

calex71 wrote: »
    I got no mail either, check your messages on xbox live thats where I got a code.

I got a second email saying that I was in the preview program, a day or two ago but nothing about EA :confused:

Are you game sharing with anyone nanook?

tony1980 wrote: »
    Are you game sharing with anyone nanook?

Nope

Nope

Ah pity, if you were game sharing with someone who had the ea access app, you could download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I got a second email saying that I was in the preview program, a day or two ago but nothing about EA :confused:

I didnt get email but I got message from XBox live to my Xbox account inviting me to the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't know, Maybe I'm reading it wrong. On the surface (to me) it doesn't seem great, I'll take it back, and will look more into it before i call it "Terrible"..

Sony don't think it's good value, but that could be just tit for tat/handbags stuff.
    Davei141 wrote: »
    How is it terrible? You do know if people don't think it is good value they just won't purchase it? I'm seriously struggling to see the negative angle to all this, as somebody who loves playing sports games locally 2 player this sounds brilliant.
    CatInABox wrote: »
    Really hard to see how this is terrible to be honest.

From the very start, you get access to four recent enough games for a very decent price, early access to upcoming games, and a discount on all digital products.

Also, all companies are profit making companies, of course they are looking to get more money off people. With this, most people have decided that this is a very good deal, and thus is acceptable to most people.

All I know right now is that I have got bf4 through it cause of game sharing and premium for 0 :-)

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know, Maybe I'm reading it wrong. On the surface (to me) it doesn't seem great, I'll take it back, and will look more into it before i call it "Terrible"..

Sony don't think it's good value, but that could be just tit for tat/handbags stuff.

That is definitely just handbags stuff, as Sony are currently trying to charge $2.99 to rent a game for four hours on their PS Now service.

In fairness to them, the PS Now service is in beta, and the pricing could change. It would want to change a lot though!

Also in fairness to Sony, the PS+ service is amazing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Apparently they've confirmed on twitter that they won't be taking games out of the vault, not going to go looking for it.

Most likely that language is in there for a specific reason, such as at some point in the future, they sell off the rights to one of their franchises, meaning that they can't legally still sell it.

Or, they could put a game in there for a weekend - like a "try titanfall for free" weekend or something, to give the games a push as the retail sales start to decline.

If anyone could invite me to one/both it would be appreciated

GT: GilbertoGalway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If anyone could invite me to one/both it would be appreciated

GT: GilbertoGalway

You've posted in the proper thread for this already - no need to spam it across multiple threads.

• Administrators Posts: 53,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

How will it work with DLC?

BF is there at the moment, what happens if someone with a pass buys BF DLC and then cancels their EA Access sub?

awec wrote: »

BF is there at the moment, what happens if someone with a pass buys BF DLC and then cancels their EA Access sub?

There's no DLC in the EA Access app. Only games.

You get 10% off all DLC as an EA Access member. So any DLC you buy during your membership will remain on your console after cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

awec wrote: »

DLC is yours and will work with the game while your EA Access sub is current.

If your sub lapses then the DLC will work with a retail copy of the game (physical or digital) you buy yourself, and will work with the EA Access version when you renew your sub.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmm not that I'm even thinking of buying any but the battlefield 4 DLC is on sale this week, would that 10% discount stack with any sales like this on DLC etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmm not that I'm even thinking of buying any but the battlefield 4 DLC is on sale this week, would that 10% discount stack with any sales like this on DLC etc?
    From what I've seen elsewhere on the Net, the 10% will be applied off the current price in the Store (which is currently 33% off).

So the price is going to be about 60% of the regular price at the moment, if you are on EA Access and XBL Gold.

(Please note that this is second / third hand info at the moment, as I am not in the Dash Preview or Access Beta)

I just took a look at a Battlefield 4 Ultimate shortcut bundle priced originally at $49.99, its on the Deals with Gold program.

With the Gold discount its $33.49. So it looks like the EA 10% off is not applied to DLC that is on the "Deals with Gold program" which already has 33% off.

I did go into other BF4 packs and can verify the EA app is applying the 10% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

Signed up for 1 month to try this out. Gonna spend the night giving Battlefield a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

is this available in Ireland? only 6 countries listed when you register your email for this and ireland wasn't one of them.

ps if anyone can invite me to the beta of it would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

irishchris wrote: »
    is this available in Ireland? only 6 countries listed when you register your email for this and ireland wasn't one of them.

ps if anyone can invite me to the beta of it would be appreciated

Yes, it's available in every country the Xbox One is currently available in.

Quoting myself from the dashboard preview thread here
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Doesn't work that quick bud. You can't invite directly to EA Access. You can only invite to the dashboard preview and I don't know how long it takes to get an invite. It's random, can take days or weeks depending on how Microsoft feel. Then when you do get an invite to the dashboard update, you aren't guaranteed a code to the EA Access beta.

but if you give me your gamertag or post it in that above thread, I or someone can invite you to the dashboard beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭hardweir

Found it a bit odd that i cant use credit from my account to subscribe to this,i only have the option to pay by credit card....

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

hardweir wrote: »
    Found it a bit odd that i cant use credit from my account to subscribe to this,i only have the option to pay by credit card....

I think this was the same for Live subscriptions as well you could only pay by pre-paid code or via credit/debit card or paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think this was the same for Live subscriptions as well you could only pay by pre-paid code or via credit/debit card or paypal.

Yeah I think it's because they're recurring charges they can't do it from your microsoft account funds.

• Advertisement

I got the invite tonight at 12.30.

So if anyone else joined late to the Preview Programme its likely you'll get one too.
    I only joined on the 1st or 2nd so was pretty late in.
    Took a few days.

Im bringing BF4 to CEX tomorrow for E26 and Ill pay the E25 out of that then for the year.

It's combining the existing Season Pass with a back-catalogue and I paid something like E10 for early access to FIFA 13 and probably would have again this year, so from that angle it's only E20 more for another spin at FIFA and Madden which I traded away a while back.

So for someone like me who'd pay for the FIFA access alone it's definitely an improvement(Even just doing FIFA it would be E4 for the month)

Basically getting a free year as well selling BF and having an extra euro.

Advertisement