Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

That sounds brilliant. I know everyone seems to have the niggling "Yeah, but it's EA, where's the catch?" thing going on, but I really can't see any fault with it at all.

If it works with the Home Gold sharing as well, it's an absolute no-brainer for me :)

This is something I want to know! Currently don't home share with anyone but would be interesting to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Probably yeah lol but that's not how they try to swing it :pac:

"We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,"

I'm not going to complain anyway, I love this new offer :D

I note how Sony never said that they 'evaluated' the offering before it was announced. I'm amazed that they are so openly vocal against it. Surely they would still want to keep EA, as publisher of many of the top of the line AAA titles, onside and not pee them off.

Although EA and Microsoft did announce their 'special partnership' deal at the TV, TV, TV launch in May last year that largely went unnoticed until now. This is probably the first real fruits of this deal (other than exclusive FUT modes). Sony are probably a bit on the outside for now with EA on Next New Gen.

It's amazing to see a bunch of positive stories about Xbox One for a change - it will be interesting to see how Eurogamer or Engadget will find a way to put a negative spin on it.

Carroller wrote: »
    So its a maximum of three hours per game with the option to buy the game with a 10% discount.... amiright?

It's a minimum of 2 hours but there is no maximum, it varies per game:

http://majornelson.com/2014/07/29/announcing-ea-access-exclusively-xbox-one/

Here's their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/EAAccess

& Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EAAccess

Also interesting, could this be the first usage of the "Digital bundles" feature listed in the July system update?

• Advertisement

Also interesting, could this be the first usage of the "Digital bundles" feature listed in the July system update?

That could possible be it alright :)

Also, that EA demo being accidentally charged at $4.99 a while back was more than likely connected to this EA Access too :)

That sounds brilliant. I know everyone seems to have the niggling "Yeah, but it's EA, where's the catch?" thing going on, but I really can't see any fault with it at all.

If it works with the Home Gold sharing as well, it's an absolute no-brainer for me :)

I'm neither at home or in the preview program to confirm this, but people on Reddit are saying that the home sharing works. YMMV.

Both consoles will need to have the EA Access app installed to download the files, but after that it seems good to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

25 quid would easily cover Peggle and NFL for me off the bat. So anything else "free" over the year (MMA, NFS, etc) will be a massive bonus, since they are games I likely wouldn't have bought anyway, but will definitely achievement hunt :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

^NFS is an easy 1000g in that case :pac:

I think I'll give it a go when it launches anyway, maybe a monthly trial to play Peggle and NFL for now then see what else might be coming to the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I think this is going to have a huge uptake, as LordTSC said, even if you only got one game you liked, everything else is just gravy. Id love to play NHL or PGA but I never feel like dropping full price on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Does anyone have an invite to the EA early access beta via the update tester route? Would be much appreciated!

Davei141 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an invite to the EA early access beta via the update tester route? Would be much appreciated!

Don't have a direct invite to the EA access per say but if you give me your gamertag I can invite you to the dashboard preview?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Post in the Dashboard beta thread, once you get signed up for the dashboard testing, then you automatically get invited to the EA access beta.

At least, that's what I've read so far, still waiting on access to the dashboard beta now.

Thanks guys gamertag is Bucko14189.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Thanks guys gamertag is Bucko14189.

You're welcome... but for what??

Well MiskyBoyy for saying he was going to invite me to the dashboard preview and Catinabox for his info...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Sounds good to me. Will subscribe when they fill out 'the vault' a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Bit the bullet and signed up for the 12 months. With Battlefield 4 and Madden there (games I would have picked up eventually) and Peggle 2!!! it's a no brainer. Paid for itself already.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and signed up for the 12 months. With Battlefield 4 and Madden there (games I would have picked up eventually) and Peggle 2!!! it's a no brainer. Paid for itself already.

Definitely if you hadn't already owned BF4. Worth it on it's own :D

I'll assume it doesn't unlock the dlc with it? :P

Definitely getting 12 months myself too once the 1 month expires. Haven't tried stacking actually. Must try add 12 months to my 1 month later :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well MiskyBoyy for saying he was going to invite me to the dashboard preview and Catinabox for his info...

How does one invite one to the dashboard preview?

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »

I'll send you an invite later. Thread for it is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259396

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

If there's someone out there it would be swell for an invite. Penguins Haooo

I'll send you an invite later. Thread for it is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057259396

I'm already in the beta, trying to figure out how to get the only other person i actually know in real life who has an xbox one into it!!

I'm already in the beta, trying to figure out how to get the only other person i actually know in real life who has an xbox one into it!!

Ah ok lol. If you open the dashboard preview app which you find under My games & apps. There should be an option on the bottom you click on the invite friends, then you select from your list of friends, and press A to confirm and it will say and invite will be sent soon. Something like that lol

Ah ok lol. If you open the dashboard preview app which you find under My games & apps. There should be an option on the bottom you click on the invite friends, then you select from your list of friends, and press A to confirm and it will say and invite will be sent soon. Something like that lol

Don't appear to have that app, i did get two messages for codes for the ea access though.

Don't appear to have that app, i did get two messages for codes for the ea access though.

Hmmm that's strange. Maybe check your previous messages to see if you have 1 from Xbox about it. I can't remember exactly but I think that's how I got the app :confused:

Hmmm that's strange. Maybe check your previous messages to see if you have 1 from Xbox about it. I can't remember exactly but I think that's how I got the app :confused:

Yeah, i got nothing :(

If there is any chance you could be so kind as to send my mate an invite it'd be greatly appreciated GT Reaperz Black

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I think this is terrible. :(
    I don't want to be 'slagging off' either company, but this honestly just looks like a way to get more money off people, while pretending it is a better 'service'..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

This sounds very good and I am tempted the only catch I can see is you only have access to the games while they are in the vault, much like Netflix any time they can remove the games.

At least thats the way I read it:

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/terms.html
    ; and (3) access to a limited library of certain EA Content (“Vault Title(s)”) for unlimited online play (“Vault Access”) for the duration of their availability in the Vault. Limitations and exclusions may apply

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I think this is terrible. :(
    I don't want to be 'slagging off' either company, but this honestly just looks like a way to get more money off people, while pretending it is a better 'service'..

How is it terrible? You do know if people don't think it is good value they just won't purchase it? I'm seriously struggling to see the negative angle to all this, as somebody who loves playing sports games locally 2 player this sounds brilliant.

Advertisement