Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"EA Access" on Xbox One

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Downloaded the app there. Have not signed up for it but i can see Fifa 14, BF4, Madden 25 and Peggle 2 are in the ''vault'' right now. as in you can download them when you subscribe. might take a stab at it for a month. Love the 5 day early access idea.
    edit: I traded in Fifa a few weeks ago and tried to download it there from the service but it's pretty cool that the only option to come up is ''play''. good stuff indeed.

Yeah, the 5 day early thing is for a set period of time. Let's say 3 hours in this instance. So 5 days before a game is out, you get to play that game for up to 3 hours (or whatever amount of time they set, and I'm not sure if you have to use the 3 hours in 1 go or if it's spread over whenever you choose to play) and games included for the 5 day early access so far include: NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 & Dragon Age Inquisition.

Going by IGN's report on it: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ea-announces-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-ea-access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Absolutely brilliant move from all parties. Knew they were up to something, but had no clue it was this. Fantastic for the consumer, too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

nanook5 wrote: »
    It must be worth it for the four starting games alone ... And not to mention the games that will be added .....Too bad I already have 3 of the starter games :(

The best thing is you get to try out games you'd be on the fence about (madden in my case) with no risk.
    i wonder if we'll see activision follow suit. One thing that always bothered me about the Call of Duty games is that they never really drop in price on the digital marketplace. And to say their quality varies wildly is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Pretty cool that they're letting preview members try it out, I'd like to check it out myself but still waiting on that message from microsoft :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

For some reason I never get mails from MS and I'm opted in to receive them , from the screen shot though it seems itll get a message on live with the details but like others I've got any of the games I want to play :(

Edit: Yup 2 messages on live there about the EA Access Beta

Edit Edit: Nice you just have to click redeem code in the message and don't have to type it out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yeah, the 5 day early thing is for a set period of time. Let's say 3 hours in this instance. So 5 days before a game is out, you get to play that game for up to 3 hours (or whatever amount of time they set, and I'm not sure if you have to use the 3 hours in 1 go or if it's spread over whenever you choose to play) and games included for the 5 day early access so far include: NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 & Dragon Age Inquisition.

Going by IGN's report on it: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/ea-announces-subscription-service-on-xbox-one-ea-access

Saw also that your save will be intact from the trial if you buy the game, so it does appear that they are not just simply demo versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I can see the other big publishers following suit. The mid-tier guys probably won't have enough of a catalogue to justify the fee.

While I probably won't get this when it rolls out properly, if Ubisoft have an equivalent service, I can see myself partaking in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Otacon wrote: »
    I can see the other big publishers following suit. The mid-tier guys probably won't have enough of a catalogue to justify the fee.

While I probably won't get this when it rolls out properly, if Ubisoft have an equivalent service, I can see myself partaking in it.
    That's an amazing price €29.99 for the full year, and 10% off digital purchases as well.

I wonder how often they will change stuff out from the Vault - would hate to be in the middle of a game and it gets switched out (i.e. not actually playing and it disappears, but from one day to the next it is removed).

Madden and BF4 are games I would have loosely been interested in, but for that price definitely would take a look.

The Early Access is genius, too, because any progress you make in the 5-day trial period would get carried over to the full game if you buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Threads Merged :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

So its a maximum of three hours per game with the option to buy the game with a 10% discount.... amiright?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Does anyone know how this works with the Home Xbox thingy? I am assuming that it works as normal, but as it is EA, I'm not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is this going to be US only when its fully out?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

miralize wrote: »
    Is this going to be US only when its fully out?

Nope, it's available to sign up for if you are in the preview program. I signed up this morning and it cost €24.99 for a years access.

Also worth pointing out that there was a redeem code option so I am assuming that you will be able to buy an access code from the likes of CDKeys etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

So you get 4 games free for €30 a year.this can't be right? Can it?

Well it's 4 free games for €24.99 a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are we less likely to see EA games on Games for Gold when this goes live to retail?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Are we less likely to see EA games on Games for Gold when this goes live to retail?

Most probably, I would say this would rule EA games right out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭recyclops

how will this work with having an xbox on the american region in ireland??

i dont wanna keep switching back and forth though realistically i only switch when buying a game

Well, it's 4 free games for €29.99 for a year.

Also, the 4 games will change during the year which means that when you've finished with, say, Battlefield 4 campaign, etc. and are just faffing about on multiplayer for a bit. Well, another game might come into the Vault that you haven't played (for example NFS Rivals) and you can then download that and start playing.

Or, In September before FIFA 15 launches, you get to play a trial of the game for a week before it releases (with any progress saved for if you decide to buy the game for 10% off :))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In truth, you'll probably get more than four games over the course of a year.

Also, I think that the euro price is 25.

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    how will this work with having an xbox on the american region in ireland??

i dont wanna keep switching back and forth though realistically i only switch when buying a game
    Hmm. Maybe you might be able to buy the sub for $29.99 instead of €29.99?

Also, if you can buy games in '$' instead of '€' then you might be saving on currency conversion and getting another 10% on top.

A proposition that suddenly changes from interesting to verrry interesting.

I'm not on the Dash preview, but wonder if anyone who is could confirm whether this is the case? :D

Hmm. Maybe you might be able to buy the sub for $29.99 instead of €29.99?

Also, if you can buy games in '$' instead of '€' then you might be saving on currency conversion and getting another 10% on top.

A proposition that suddenly changes from interesting to verrry interesting.

I'm not on the Dash preview, but wonder if anyone who is could confirm whether this is the case? :D

I'm on the U.S market and bought the sub in $ and also the games are there for me in the cheaper $ price with the 10% discount also :)

Btw guys, they're not planning on taking games out of the vault but they will be adding games to the vault. So instead of it rotating and staying about 4 games, it will get larger with more games. They said so on their twitter but can't find it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Btw guys, they're not planning on taking games out of the vault but they will be adding games to the vault. So instead of it rotating and staying about 4 games, it will get larger with more games. They said so on their twitter but can't find it now.

This just keeps getting better....

There must be a catch?!

Some handy info from the EA Access FAQ

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/faq.html?linkId=9079401

Will EA Access be available in my country?

At launch, EA Access will be available in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States with additional territories to follow.

What is The Vault?

The Vault is an evolving selection of EA's Xbox One games that EA Access members can download and play while an active member. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: Madden NFL 25, FIFA 14, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4, with more titles being added soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'll use the opportunity to play some NHL which I haven't played since the 90's :eek:

So apparently Sony passed on EA access as it doesn't offer "Good value".

ARE THEY MAD!?? :eek:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-passed-on-ea-access-for-ps4-as-its-not-good-value

So apparently Sony passed on EA access as it doesn't offer "Good value".

ARE THEY MAD!?? :eek:

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/07/30/sony-passed-on-ea-access-for-ps4-as-its-not-good-value

Not good value for Sony I'd say.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Not good value for Sony I'd say.

Probably yeah lol but that's not how they try to swing it :pac:

"We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,"

I'm not going to complain anyway, I love this new offer :D

• Advertisement

I'm on the U.S market and bought the sub in $ and also the games are there for me in the cheaper $ price with the 10% discount also :)
    That sounds brilliant. I know everyone seems to have the niggling "Yeah, but it's EA, where's the catch?" thing going on, but I really can't see any fault with it at all.

If it works with the Home Gold sharing as well, it's an absolute no-brainer for me :)

Advertisement