Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squat Webinar on Wednesday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

good stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Since this was originally about a squat webinar... there's another one on Tuesday.

Live training classes are a labour of love for me.

By the time I record the videos (I shot 15 or 20 for this next one) and put together the slides, and double check I've covered everything I want to talk about, it takes at least 10 hours of work to get ready for every webinar you see. Probably more.

This weeks How To Squat Like A Powerlifter one is no different.

Register here: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/6dc837c00d

I've put it together so that by the end of the live 60 minute online training class you'll have no option but to squat properly and lift more weight. Even if your mobility is cack.

If you've ever struggled with barbell squats in the gym, this webinar will literally be a non-cliched game changer for you. You'll even understand what "butt wink" is, and why most often it's a technical fail, and not a mobility issue.

Most of the squat training articles I read or see are very much "you're a nail, because all I have is a hammer" in the way they approach the info. They're written by guys who live on youtube regurgitating info they found elsewhere, or just write blogs. They don't even train anyone!

There's no individual prescriptions or recommendations because the authors aren't experienced enough in the real world to account for things like;

- how to identify and your individual mobility restrictionss, how that will effect the lift and the correct warm ups to use to fix the problem in less than 3 weeks

- how hip socket construction will change the kind of squat that is right for you

- why "mobility" work is the second thing you should be doing after you learn how to breathe properly

- the best way to activate your core preworkout

- how to instantly warm up your hips so every squat feels like a hot knife sliding thru butter

- why warming up your UPPER BODY is crucial if you want to squat the heaviest weights possible and avoid elbow pain

- learning the squat from the floor up, how foot position and activation effects everything from your knee position, to your hips, to glute recruitment

- the difference between high bar and low bar squats, and how that changes the way the squat "looks"

- when "ass to grass" IS ass to grass, even if your ass is way off the floor (this is really important for guys with short femurs)

- the importance of understanding why you should NOT goes hips first, or knees first when squatting

- what to do when your hips shoot up first out of the hole, and the right corrective exercises to stop it from happening

- how to stop your core folding (aka back rounding) and why your knees collapse in at the bottom of a squat (it's not ALWAYS bad, but most of the time it is)

- a comprehensive way to asses what your weak link is in the squat, and how to pick the correct assistance movements to fix it

And that's just a small snapshot of what can go wrong. If you think squats are just a lift where you put the bar on your back and sit up and down again with them, you couldn't be more wrong.

Once you understand the process and how to perform the lift properly, that is all they are, buuuuuut I'm guessing if you're reading this email you're probably not there yet.

So, come along on Tuesday @ 730pm for a free online training class which will cover everything you need to know about squatting including how to identify your indiviudal mobility issues, what warm ups to do to fix it, 3 steps to better squat technique, why you might have the bar in the wrong position on your back, and how to modify your program to include individually tailored assistance work which will get you better results, faster.

If you can't attend live, that's cool. There'll be a replay link, but ONLY if you register in advance. So register here now: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/6dc837c00d

See you then,
    James "I like my squats like my bass - down low" Hanley

PS - there's an optional multiple choice survey after you register which asks 2 questions;

1) what problems are you having with your squats right now

2) any specific squat related topics you'd like me to cover on the webinar

Fill that **** in too so I can really tailor the hell out of the content for you :)

** BUMP **

About 90 minutes to kick off.

Just did my final run thru and I am SO excited for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Found the deadlift webinar very informative (especially for some relatively new to deads/squats) have registered for the squat one and will watch it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Gonna watch this tonight. Couldn't convince my kids to go to bed early last night so I could watch a webinar.

• Advertisement

Do You Make These Mistakes When Bench Pressing?

Go to any gym on a Monday night and you’ll see every dude in there bench pressing. But only about 20% of them are doing it right. Come to my free online training workshop to learn how to:

== Generate rock solid shoulder stability ==

How you set up before you unrack the bar, and the warm up movements you pick will have a massive impact on whether or not your remain pain free when benching pressing. Not only that, but picking the right pre bench stabilisation exercises will keep your shoulders locked down tighter and let you put more weight on the bar.

== Bench press for bigger pecs ==

Some guys naturally find it easier to recruit their chest when benching pressing. Some find their shoulders and triceps dominate the movement. If you’re one of the unlucky ones whos shoulders and tris take over, there’s a simple trick you can use to bring your chest more into play just by squeezing the bar together (I’ll show you how to do that over video on the webinar)

== Choose PR building assistance lifts with more accuracy than a laser guided missile ==

More so than any other lift, the choice of assistance work will make or break your bench press. Picking the correct 2 assistance exercises from a menu of about 80-100 is actually pretty easy when you follow the flowchart I’m going to show you on Tuesday.

http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/75564aad5d

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

When I did the 6-week strength challenge, I debated which was the worst: 2s pause squats or 1.5 squats. I did lean towards the latter.

But I've come to the conclusion it's double pause squats.

They're just sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

James is the Alpha Strength Challenge suitable for women? Would love to give it a go.

eire1 wrote: »
    James is the Alpha Strength Challenge suitable for women? Would love to give it a go.

Only if you wanna get really strong really fast and can deal with working hard to get there :)

Shoot me a mail to james@revolutionfitness.ie if you wanna talk about any specifics!

This may help some of you with your benching - it's a slide from tonights webinar.

12728989_10153837046050115_1132007347748487912_n.jpg?oh=661f72e4237fbb672a176654ef7a4187&oe=5725E774

• Advertisement

It goes without saying - but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said - but the time and energy being put into the webinars is much appreciated.

It goes without saying - but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be said - but the time and energy being put into the webinars is much appreciated.

Very kind. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Didn't get the usual reminder email for some reason but fortunately remembered manually :)

Thanks for this - some great tips as usual!

Didn't get the usual reminder email for some reason but fortunately remembered manually :)

Thanks for this - some great tips as usual!

Strange. MAy have gone to spam. No one else has said anything.

Yet.

Hanley wrote: »

Yet.

I got one anyway. But was to my work email so I only got there on time cos I remembered.

Then phone battery died halfway through...

Yet.

Just me so. I'm special obvs :D:D

Not sure what I'll do with my Tuesday evenings in 3 weeks' time :(

Thanks again for the great tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Reps4jesus

Did your 2 pauses squats today Hanley. I did not enjoy them 1 bit!!! they are bloody tough! however weirdly I found I was able to squat lower when pausing an inch or two above where I would usual stop before dropping again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Great answer for 'How do you get into position with heavy dumbbells' - 'Lay back and pray'

Just me so. I'm special obvs :D:D

Not sure what I'll do with my Tuesday evenings in 3 weeks' time :(

Thanks again for the great tips!

I never said they were finished - just that I didn't know what I was gonna do the next one on!!!!

(hint hint: suggest something)

Reps4jesus wrote: »
    Did your 2 pauses squats today Hanley. I did not enjoy them 1 bit!!! they are bloody tough! however weirdly I found I was able to squat lower when pausing an inch or two above where I would usual stop before dropping again

I'm not surprised by that. Makes sense when you think about it - if you pause where you nearly breakdown and lock up that position better, once you release it you should be able to continue down a bit more.

It's a good indicator that you need some positional / stability work in squats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Hey, I have just came across this thread. Would love to watch the videos back and be registered for future ones.

Can I register now and watch the old content or am I sh*t outta luck?

Caliden wrote: »
    Great answer for 'How do you get into position with heavy dumbbells' - 'Lay back and pray'

It was either that or "get a team of strong fellows to help you out"

I never said they were finished - just that I didn't know what I was gonna do the next one on!!!!

(hint hint: suggest something)

Maybe one something like "the best exercises you've never heard of"?

I have come across some great tips and new ideas for stuff from the forum that aren't the obvious ones (well, not obvious to me anyway :o) like Cuban Press, pause variations, face pulls etc.

Maybe one something like "the best exercises you've never heard of"?

I have come across some great tips and new ideas for stuff from the forum that aren't the obvious ones (well, not obvious to me anyway :o) like Cuban Press, pause variations, face pulls etc.

Excellent idea. Maybe one for each bodypart.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Only if you wanna get really strong really fast and can deal with working hard to get there :)

Shoot me a mail to james@revolutionfitness.ie if you wanna talk about any specifics!

Will do. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39,157 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Caliden wrote: »
    It was either that or "get a team of strong fellows to help you out"

That was my question. ;)
    I'm at the point now where the DBs weight more than me and flinging them up is becoming an increasingly bizarre manoeuvre.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Darrenon91 wrote: »
    Hey, I have just came across this thread. Would love to watch the videos back and be registered for future ones.

Can I register now and watch the old content or am I sh*t outta luck?

Anyone? :)

Darrenon91 wrote: »
    Anyone? :)

**** out of luck I'm afraid.

Can register for future ones tho.

If i got nothing else out of the bench webinar, the bit about setting your feet and shoulders on the bench so that there's nowhere for force to leak out of the system was gold.

Sometimes it's the single line in something like this that makes a big difference!

• Advertisement

Should anyone care....

// How To Dominate Your Deadlift Without Breaking Your Back

Sometimes I wonder if the guys I see deadlifting are purposely trying to ruin their back so that they don’t have to squat or deadlift anymore and can have a legitimate excuse for just benching pressing and curling all day.

Every day in big gyms I see guys who have no place near a bar trying to pick up loads well in excess of 1.5x their own bodyweight with rounded backs and awful technique.

They don’t even realise there’s one simple test they could perform which would tell them if they’re ready to deadlift, or whether they should spend more time working on lumbo-pelvic stabiltiy.

(…and I’m talking about the personal trainers here!!)

I don’t know how the average dude trying to get stronger without hurting himself has any chance in that envoirnment.

On this live online training class, which is completely free, I’ll be spending 60 minutes taking you through the things you need to know to deadlift safely, with good technique and in a manner which will allow you to make consistent, reliable long term gains.

Register here: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/e7054dd3b2

I’m the world’s least natural deadlifter and have managed to claw my way up to a 2.85x bodyweight deadlift. If I can do it, anyone can.

Here’s what we’re covering:

-[-- 1. Deadlift PreScreen --]-

The simple test you can use from the funcational movement screen you can perform yourself which will tell you instantly if you’re ready to deadlift safely.

If you fail the test, I’ll be showing you a graduated series of progressions to get you from “wonky spaghetti noodle” to “back built with iron bars”.

-[-- 2. Dominate Your Deadlift With Unusually Good Tekkers --]-

Do you know where to put your feet relative to your hips? Or what about where to put your feet relative to the bar? Should you set up over mid foot, heal or toes?

Are you able to engage your abs before setting up? And use the bar to preload your lats and set your upper back?

What about breathing, and knowing how to keep the bar in close to the body to make lockout easier. Are you comfortable with all those? If not – do yourself a favour and invest an hour on this webinar. It’ll save you hours of heart break and a fortune in physio fees over the next few years.

-[-- 3. Sumo Verus Conventional Deadlifting --]-

Even if you can pull a sumo deadlift with good form and technique, I’m going to make a very strong argument as to why you SHOULDN’T.

It’s a good movement, but some people use it to cover up a much bigger issue.

Register here for Tuesday’s webinar now and share / tag this with friends who need to see it: http://app.webinarjam.net/register/23796/e7054dd3b2

Advertisement