Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night 53 - Nelson vs Story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The last fight will be the Korean Zombie vs Akira Corrasani..... fantastic

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Pendred talks UFC Sweden, UFC Dublin, King's failed drug test and the difference between PEDs in MMA and other sports, funny stories from TUF, and more

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭croket

The last fight will be the Korean Zombie vs Akira Corrasani..... fantastic

Korean Zombie is injured and replaced by Max Holloway...

I'm going to this event even so but I hoped a better fight card.
    I'm french and in France MMA is not legal so I have to travel to see this sport
    I'm still happy because a french guy, Taylor Lapilus, will face Denis Siver during this fight night

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭croket

• Advertisement

croket wrote: »
    Korean Zombie is injured and replaced by Max Holloway...

I'm going to this event even so but I hoped a better fight card.
    I'm french and in France MMA is not legal so I have to travel to see this sport
    I'm still happy because a french guy, Taylor Lapilus, will face Denis Siver during this fight night

Well that changed quickly, Lapilus is out too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Prelims start at 5pm Irish time. Cathal should be on around 6 but will be tuning in before that. Absolutely can't wait to see how he gets on!

Main card starts 8pm so Gunni should be on around 9. Hopefully a 1st round sub to shoot him into the top 10!

Like UFC178 which airs tonight on 3e; the same channel will also air FN53 in Sweden not live either but it will be the Monday night again, there is a doc called UFC Swedish giants that airs at 9:30pm with the Card being shown after it at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

what do folks genuinely think of cathals chances here?

I see he's favourite to beat umalotov which surprises me given he looks to be a
    fairly big step up from king
    He'll need to be an awful lot better than in Dublin, goes without saying I suppose.

think I'll be more nervous watching this one than mcgregor given like a lot
    here confidence was high on the mcgregor ko

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Like UFC178 which airs tonight on 3e; the same channel will also air FN53 in Sweden not live either but it will be the Monday night again, there is a doc called UFC Swedish giants that airs at 9:30pm with the Card being shown after it at 10pm.

I reckon that's just a countdown style show tbh. The doc that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭p to the e

mailburner wrote: »
    what do folks genuinely think of cathals chances here?

I see he's favourite to beat umalotov which surprises me given he looks to be a
    fairly big step up from king
    He'll need to be an awful lot better than in Dublin, goes without saying I suppose.

think I'll be more nervous watching this one than mcgregor given like a lot
    here confidence was high on the mcgregor ko

You have to remember that he fought King at MW but he's fighting Umalatov at WW where he's spent most of his career.

Also, King was on that Jesus Juice. I agree though, I'll be more nervous watching this fight than Conor's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Richy06 wrote: »
    I reckon that's just a countdown style show tbh. The doc that is.

Its just that one thats already on the ufc YouTube channel as of the weekend. I watched 2/3rds of it. Extremely boring! Those swedes could do with learning a thing or two from conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Yeah I thought that documentary was farily boring too. Surprising all the same though to see how many UFC fighters they have in that gym. Themselves and SBG seem to be the two main European clubs in a UFC context.

I watched some of Umalatov's fights. His striking looks to be a slightly better than Pendred and he's faster with a good submission game. Pendred is a good bit bigger though and everyone says he has freakish strength. I wouldn't be surprised to see this ending up pretty much like every other Pendred fight; clinching up against the fence, throwing short punches and grinding Umalatov to a late submission or a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

adamski8 wrote: »
    Its just that one thats already on the ufc YouTube channel as of the weekend. I watched 2/3rds of it. Extremely boring! Those swedes could do with learning a thing or two from conor

I saw it as well. I lasted about ten minutes. Very snoozy.

I worked in a group of about 150 Swedes before. Very dry people. You have to be one of them to get their sense of humour I think. Finns are the very same and I'm told Norwegians are as well.

In fairness though the Swedes (and Finns) love a party and REALLY loosen up after a few vodkas.

Gunni & Pendred on Off the Ball soon.

Gunni & Pendred on Off the Ball soon.

They just finished, cannot wait to see the boys wreck shop saturday night.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    They just finished, cannot wait to see the boys wreck shop saturday night.

Oh will they be on podcast/replay u know?

Oh will they be on podcast/replay u know?

Not sure but id say 2fm will have all their programs recorded. The Irishness in Gunni's accent is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Does anyone know where the prelims will be on I didn't see anything on bt only the main card

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the prelims will be on I didn't see anything on bt only the main card

Whole card is on fight pass and you can get a week free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Biggest test yet for Gunni here. You'd fancy him to win but I don't think it'll be as easy as the odds suggest. If it goes to the mat you'd strongly fancy him to finish it though. Standup will be interesting as Story has big power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hazys wrote: »

The neck bridging is a pretty common wrestling warm up. The swords however...

Weigh-ins starting in 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

stream is down for me

Yupp same for a lot of peopel, just back working for me and Siver is up so missed Cathal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Just caught Cathal there. 171

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

How long after the event will it be up on fight pass?

Advertisement