Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your worst holiday ever

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

Spain 2007,

Was staying in a little village that was built on a hill in the middle of the forest. It was extremely hot all week and on the monday of the second week the forest went up on fire. We were evacuated out into the middle of nowhere into what can only be described as a concentration camp, we were outside all day, had to sleep on the ground and had our passports taken.

For the 3 or 4 days we were there, rumours had been circulating that we would be compensated for our troubles, most assumed this would be a free holiday.

When we got back to the hotel, all smelly and sleep deprived, the extremely camp manager ran out and said.

"Ah friends! We're just sorting out your complimentary glass of water!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Was going on a extended trip with a friend across the US a few weeks after my dad died to get away from everything because I wasn't getting a chance to process it, got an email (email?!) from them in the airport saying they didn't buy a ticket and had no intention of coming. Burned through an absolute fortune wandering around the north east drinking and giving homeless people money so I could talk to them for ages.

That's just bad. Really bad.
    There you are reeling over the death of your dad looking to get away with things and your friend bails on you at the very last second. That's just horrible.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The Italian Society in college organised a trip to Verona, Venice and Padua. Perfect, so I book tickets. Then break my ankle. Venice is not a nice place on crutches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Stag week in Ibiza with some overly boisterous english, tried to buy yokes, ended up with trips. Everyone lost the plot, all got a bit weird and edgy. Passports were lost, there were fights, the english spent a load on a marching powder and got all rowdy and, well, err extremely english abroad. There were some more fights. Someone had an extremely bad reaction to whatever they took and tried smashing their head off a wall. Later transpired the poor fella suffered from depression and had a bad episode for the week + bad trip. There was blood, everywhere. Spent one of the days stopping the rest of the attendees from forcing someone to jump off the second floor of the villa into a pool, as they would have needed to clear about 5 meters at a running jump, whilst off their chops and after half a bottle of vodka to even get near the pool. Certainly would broken something, took me hrs to talk them round. Poor fcker ended up having do down as much as they could of a bottle of vodka and passing out. Although, at the stage it was probably a blessing. Add in costumes for the stag who had to forced to wear them against his will. Clothes stolen, physically forced to wear ridiculous nonsense thus ensuring no decent bars or clubs for us and a week spent in the 8th circle of hell in the west end of ibiza. Not cool. Basically lord of the rings meets bad trips and a travelling band of "ing-er-land" supporters scapping over an ever depleting supply of colombian nose candy.

Villa was burgled also, passports and money taken. Visits to consulates required. Just cr4p from start to finish.

Scratched a few off the xmas card list that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I bought tickets to 5 concerts for a billy ray Cyrus tribute act in dublin and they were cancelled! I had already packed my hang sandwiches with a pack of tayto and the turf was left to dry.

That would achey break your heart:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

...your friend bails on you at the very last second...
    Wasn't really bailing if they never planned on going, they just done a really horrible attempt at comforting me in the aftermath and were too cowardly about backing off. I was pretty unreasonable with the whole thing tbh but like, yeesh.

At least it was interesting journey, the convent was utter tedium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I am pie wrote: »
    Stag week in Ibiza with some overly boisterous english, tried to buy yokes, ended up with trips. Everyone lost the plot, all got a bit weird and edgy. Passports were lost, there were fights, the english spent a load on a marching powder and got all rowdy and, well, err extremely english abroad. There were some more fights. Someone had an extremely bad reaction to whatever they took and tried smashing their head off a wall. Later transpired the poor fella suffered from depression and had a bad episode for the week + bad trip. There was blood, everywhere. Spent one of the days stopping the rest of the attendees from forcing someone to jump off the second floor of the villa into a pool, as they would have needed to clear about 5 meters at a running jump, whilst off their chops and after half a bottle of vodka to even get near the pool. Certainly would broken something, took me hrs to talk them round. Poor fcker ended up having do down as much as they could of a bottle of vodka and passing out. Although, at the stage it was probably a blessing. Add in costumes for the stag who had to forced to wear them against his will. Clothes stolen, physically forced to wear ridiculous nonsense thus ensuring no decent bars or clubs for us and a week spent in the 8th circle of hell in the west end of ibiza. Not cool. Basically lord of the rings meets bad trips and a travelling band of "ing-er-land" supporters scapping over an ever depleting supply of colombian nose candy.

Villa was burgled also, passports and money taken. Visits to consulates required. Just cr4p from start to finish.

Scratched a few off the xmas card list that weekend.

Hahaha chuckled a fair bit reading that. Sounds like a squaddies holiday...

I never get the whole 'wear stupid ****' in areas where there are decent door policies - it's shooting yourself in the foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Toots* wrote: »
    Nope, t'was the second week in August.

And there was an LC trip on it? Odd. They're generally first/second week in may.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kilrush

Nodin wrote: »
    And there was an LC trip on it? Odd. They're generally first/second week in may.

That makes no sense the leaving cert doesnt start till the first week in june.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

kilrush wrote: »
    That makes no sense the leaving cert doesnt start till the first week in june.

Must be getting me months/dates mixed up then so.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Nodin wrote: »
    Must be getting me months/dates mixed up then so.

It was the '6th year holiday' thing that they do after they get the results, any ones I've heard of have been in july/august.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Teaforlife

Magaluf. Full of English so it is. I'll be staying in Santa Ponsa next summer because I went there for the day and it is a lovely spot compared to Magaluf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Trabolgan

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

going to Nobber as a kid. Worst holiday ever, then my da told us, we were moving there and that was our new house.

Advertisement