Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre Macroom

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    When did you see this have you seen vans in the area carrying out the work, because I checked the map and can't see the blue? How far would I be away from that cab? Another lad was giving all the distances saying the further away the less speeds you get which is understandable.

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

zoom all the way into macroom (ALL THE WAY) target just behind post office in village , check the box on the right for "Fiber build Commenced", you will see central exchange is now blue , You wont see many vans as its all done inside the exchange. West Macroom says orange, one in plans for 2015/2016 so end of year for that side of the town.

The direct fed is just a case of line checking each day and using the url checker tool on one of the fiber pages here inga:true (OR ingb:true) is what we are waiting to see change im sure . Maybe BK or ED can confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, exactly dbit.

You could point https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd at your prequal link, but dont set the refresh time too low (say every 12hrs).

ED E wrote: »
    Yep, exactly dbit.

You could point https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/page-monitor/pemhgklkefakciniebenbfclihhmmfcd at your prequal link, but dont set the refresh time too low (say every 12hrs).

Bloody awesome, didn't think of that , class lil tidbit. Cheers Ed E.

use this

https://www.eircom.net/prequalWidget/rest/ardaddresslook/phone-rsp/xxx-xxxx/broadband/true

replace the xx-xxx with your phone number keeping the "-" sign , you may have to refresh it once or twice to get the results.

Your modems line attenuation should give you a clue to your line length.

Ed E's link for the page monitor is class , only look for the sections it hands you back for :-

This indicates exchange DF i think :- "xbc":true,"xec":true

This tells you if the build has finished and evdsl is now live at exchange :- inga":false,"ingb":true we want the false to turn to true .

Tweets from Eircom wholesale state DF solution is well advanced and that we will have fiber from this summer if under the 1km your sorted (I hope)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Hi guys finally got the good news of Efibre enabled at my line and found out its not Live to July 15th a year of waiting better then nothing but a few problems and questions, they can only check what speeds now and are saying 15mb which is what I get I assume that it will increase to at least double it.

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    Hi guys finally got the good news of Efibre enabled at my line and found out its not Live to July 15th a year of waiting better then nothing but a few problems and questions, they can only check what speeds now and are saying 15mb which is what I get I assume that it will increase to at least double it.

Ye mee too , i am moving to a house on sleevean road 300-350 meters from exchange so ill get 40MB to start with and 10 up , this i am hoping is subject to a lil boost once or if vectoring gets turned on . As it is everyone seems to be reproting lower speeds expected for the distances they are on , but again this i feel is a slow let campaign so as not to blow other paties offline or impact other services .

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gabikyla

Hi,

I'm living in the hermitage and having serious trouble with vodafone about the speeds I'm getting. It's shocking most evenings and drops randomly even though they dispute this.

Does anyone know anything about this side if town ? Will fibre be coming here ? Should I be experiencing slow speeds here at the minute?

I'd be grateful for any info !

Thanks

gabikyla wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm living in the hermitage and having serious trouble with vodafone about the speeds I'm getting. It's shocking most evenings and drops randomly even though they dispute this.

Does anyone know anything about this side if town ? Will fibre be coming here ? Should I be experiencing slow speeds here at the minute?

I'd be grateful for any info !

Thanks

You are in the west side of MAcroom they have yet to have a cabinet setup for that side of the village . Look at your modem landing page and get the down attenuation values thats a good indicator of the speeds you should be getting . With the Direct fed gone live DSL speeds should improve in that not many users will be on the ADSL +2 service anymore.

Thanks for the reply, here is that info,

Line standard G.dmt
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 7168
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 384
    Downstream SNR (dB) 16.4
    Upstream SNR (dB) 18
    Downstream line attenuation (dB) 7
    Upstream line attenuation (dB) 6
    Downstream output power (dBmV) 4.5
    Upstream output power (dBmV) 0.1
    Downstream CRC 0
    Upstream CRC 0
    Downstream FEC 455
    Upstream FEC

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply, here is that info,

Line standard G.dmt
    Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 7168
    Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 384
    Downstream SNR (dB) 16.4
    Upstream SNR (dB) 18
    Downstream line attenuation (dB) 7
    Upstream line attenuation (dB) 6
    Downstream output power (dBmV) 4.5
    Upstream output power (dBmV) 0.1
    Downstream CRC 0
    Upstream CRC 0
    Downstream FEC 455
    Upstream FEC

Looks to me that you are on standard DSL sync at 7 MB just under the 8~MB max for dsl ( thats not even ADSL +2) you may talkt to them , if out of contract i would give eircom a bell and ask if at least with them adsl +2 is available to you at least until after the cab gets fitted out your direction.

Download attenuation for you looks really good you could expect 23MB down on adsl +2 or 68MB on vdsl. get calling them as they have left your side of the town till very last . ( I know a few more worse off then you a little further out)

Im at 800 meters syncing now at 40/10 on evdsl in Macroom. Was on 12 down attenuation on adsl +2 @ 19 MB. Now i sync at 40/10 with down attenuation of 15 - ( same line same sockets) so i would say there is room to tighten things up .

Thanks for replying.

Ok, vodafone tell me that the Macroom west exchange is "not enhanced" hence my slow speeds. However eircom tell me I should be getting 20mb from the exchange, one of them is not telling the truth.

So I see from my router that my line standard is g.dmt which is basic adsl as far as I'm aware, so if what eircom tell me correct I should be getting adsl 2+, do you know if Macroom west is capable of adsl 2+, if so should vodafone give me this ?

Thanks and regards k

Thanks for replying.

Ok, vodafone tell me that the Macroom west exchange is "not enhanced" hence my slow speeds. However eircom tell me I should be getting 20mb from the exchange, one of them is not telling the truth.

So I see from my router that my line standard is g.dmt which is basic adsl as far as I'm aware, so if what eircom tell me correct I should be getting adsl 2+, do you know if Macroom west is capable of adsl 2+, if so should vodafone give me this ?

Thanks and regards k

MRM is NGN, or "enhanced" as vodafone call it.

This means either A, they dont know how to migrate you onto a 2+ rack, or that its LLU and the BT equipment is ADSL1 only. Either way, I'd give them a week to resolve it and after that swap to eircom.

Thanks for replying.

Thanks and regards k

Ed E is on the money , they or Vodafone may not have gear in the rack possibly no space as that exchange feeds a huge amount of rural customers. If Eircom advise you as i did , that you should be able to get around 23 MB (Eircom always back it off a bit for stability) Then that implies at least Eircom have adsl+2 in the rack . Maybe Voda have over sold the adsl +2 or reached cap (No ports left) and they know evdsl is on the cards for that exchange, they will fob you off until its upgraded .

With your download attn your looking at close to max speeds on any of the dsl technologies.

thanks lads, i now have some ammo for tomorrows battle :)

LOLz go nice n easy they respond way better and will help you more .

Well how did it all go ? You getting something faster if you switch ?Did they say when they will upgrade the DF in that exchange for west Macroom. ( HAve a buddy out your way asking.)

I'm not long off the phone from them.

First they denied that the exchange was enhanced, so I hit them with all my new info including eircom telling me if I switched that I would get adsl2+. Then he admitted that it was enhanced but that vodafone had no access to it.

So now his manager is going to ring me back. Let's see what happens :)

I'm not long off the phone from them.

First they denied that the exchange was enhanced, so I hit them with all my new info including eircom telling me if I switched that I would get adsl2+. Then he admitted that it was enhanced but that vodafone had no access to it.

So now his manager is going to ring me back. Let's see what happens :)

They tried to lie once, for me thats a good bye . Eircom have a bishop in the office and he checks non of the agents tell lies. I think they call him Len.

• Advertisement

Ok the the manager rang me back and told me they had nothing better to offer me.

He said he was very surprised that eircom offered what they did, he advised me to get everything in writing before I sign with them. He also changed the finishing date of my contract to tomorrow even though it isn't out for another 12 months. The guy seemed fair.

He also asked me to give him a bell if I actually get adsl2+ from eircom as he said if eircom can provide that, vodafone should have access to it too.

The ball is in my court now on what to do ????

Macroom is a regional node, look at the maps. It feeds KRA, IGH, BLY and has two core links itself. There is NO way its not NGN/NGB.

That said though, Ireland offline says its ADSL1 Racks only! Seems very hard to believe though.

I'd tweet @eircom or post on their talk2 and have them check.

Macroom is a regional node, look at the maps. It feeds KRA, IGH, BLY and has two core links itself. There is NO way its not NGN/NGB.

That said though, Ireland offline says its ADSL1 Racks only! Seems very hard to believe though.

I'd tweet @eircom or post on their talk2 and have them check.

Is that not the main Macroom exchange ? On Ireland offline the Macroom West exchange says adsl2+.

The Eircom twitter account told me that Macroom wesy was capable of adsl2+ but vodafone says its not or that they have no access to it.

Is that not the main Macroom exchange ? On Ireland offline the Macroom West exchange says adsl2+.

The Eircom twitter account told me that Macroom wesy was capable of adsl2+ but vodafone says its not or that they have no access to it.

Oh you're MRW not MRM? MRW isnt NGN by the looks of things. Might not be many free ports.
    MRW1_E01

Fibre Broadband Cabinet is planned for this location

It'll be upgraded eventually anyways.

Oh you're MRW not MRM? MRW isnt NGN by the looks of things. Might not be many free ports.

It'll be upgraded eventually anyways.

YEs i thought asking him/her to call would be definitive enough , ITs the low Down Attn that made me jump .

This is comical, both sky and vodafone both tell me that the max speeds I can get is 7, eircom are still telling me I can get 20.

I asked them if the exchange can give me 20 and they don't know. All they can tell me is that my line can take 20. Jesus the own the exchange and can't tell me what vodafone and sky can. They said the only way to know would be to switch and see what happens. That's a joke

Nobody in eircom knows what adsl or adsl2 is. Both vodafone and sky said that EIrcom would be breaking the law if they can offer me more speed than them from the exchange.

I would not move unless i get it in writing that an upgrade will happen . Ed E is right im sure that exchange has got adsl+2 , I cannot confirm that .

ED E do you know if the curl script is still working for the exchange lookup info as with that we could tell whats available on the line right ? or at least wahts in macroom west exchange ?

It may not actually matter what racks are in there in fact. If its not NGN then the package codes could be 1 3 and 7(8)Mb. Purely because of backhaul.

Seems nuts that they wouldnt have linked it up though considering its proximity to MRM.

No idea about the script. When you call eircoms sales guys they should get the same info anyways, but I wouldnt trust them to read it correctly. :rolleyes:

MRW is an RSU, a mini cab. Good luck with getting that upgraded.

• Advertisement

YE I would say they will rip it out or atleast build next to it for the NGA and NGN, I must admit i had not taken the trip over to find it . thats a pisser for west Macroom , but at least you know in the future it will come unlike some other areas that are just plain Fubar'd.

Advertisement