Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic: Gamblers Ramblings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Injured

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Missing a lot of good rides.

A well known face..

Heard it all now :D

Sky Sports have a 3pm kick off in Ireland only, get in!!

Master Appeal 14/1 into 5s and falls at the least when on way to win, jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Slattsy wrote: »
    A well known face..

Stay off the sauce

• Advertisement

I only had a few pints after work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A well known face..

Go back to the vomitarium.

What is a vomitarium?

I am content to leave you work it out.

Must be an affliction the face suffered after that lump job at the curragh :pac:

• Advertisement

Could be the huge amount of drink consumed in the fantasy world occupied by a few posters.

Could be the huge amount of drink consumed in the fantasy world occupied by a few posters.

Could i ask you a genuine question. Why did you post that you had a nice bet on persuasive in a single after it won? Genuine question.

I will treat the question as being genuine and answer it as follows.

I bet on horses most days,i mostly give my opinion the night before on the following days racing.
    I nearly always back the horses I put up unless I hear a good reason not to back them.
    I spend hours reading the form book,i enjoy it.
    I normally try to find bigger priced value bets and rarely put up a short priced double as I did last night.
    All my bets today were long priced horses trained by OMeara and I only put up the message to back Sea Light and Persuasive because I felt they were very good bets.

I know the form of Persuasive very well and a horse runs in Saratoga tomorrow night in a $300000 race who was beaten 1/2 length by Persuasive who has not been sent from Ireland for the good of his health.
    Of the two in the double I was most sweet on Persuasive a winner of his last four races.
    I assumed that most of those who read the post would not be surprised that I backed the horse as I tipped it to win!I have little interest in explaining myself to a mutual admiration society who seem more concerned about sick heads and how much they can drink rather than backing winners and I am happy to let those who might read what I have to say judge me.

Not really the answer i was expecting.i am still in the dark as to why you said you had a nice single bet on persuasive AFTER the horse won.how many winners you tipped previously is irrelevent really.that is not in question at all,i was just curious,no malice intended.

His long winded reply intended to say the following, because he puts up about 20 horses a week,he should be given a little rope sliding in some after timing. Fair enough. Didn't need a few paragraphs , 20 I's and a few digs to say that but some enjoy rambling and self congratulation.

Ibrahimovic having a huge impact at utd already.

#weareback :pac:

Not really the answer i was expecting.i am still in the dark as to why you said you had a nice single bet on persuasive AFTER the horse won.how many winners you tipped previously is irrelevent really.that is not in question at all,i was just curious,no malice intended.
    I am not too concerned about any answer you may have been expecting,i find nothing wrong with saying that I had a nice single bet on PERSUASIVE having posted that I considered the horse was worth backing with another horse in a double.
    I will continue to comment on gambling in my own way as long as the Mods allow and yourself and the little mutual admiration society you belong to can feel free to continue to regale us with you exploits in the drinking and gastronomical field.

Speaking of gastronomical, I think a nice roast is the order of the day. Nice bottle of wine.

Have to wash to the car first though. And hopefully Tipp beat Mayo, but can't see it happening.

You can fool some of the people some of the time,but you can't fool all of the people all of the time

Speaking of gastronomical, I think a nice roast is the order of the day. Nice bottle of wine.

Have to wash to the car first though. And hopefully Tipp beat Mayo, but can't see it happening.

I,m not as posh as you Slattsy,ham and cabbage for me today :)

• Advertisement

Foie gras for me :)

Actually, I meant beans on toast :(

I am not too concerned about any answer you may have been expecting,i find nothing wrong with saying that I had a nice single bet on PERSUASIVE having posted that I considered the horse was worth backing with another horse in a double.
    I will continue to comment on gambling in my own way as long as the Mods allow and yourself and the little mutual admiration society you belong to can feel free to continue to regale us with you exploits in the drinking and gastronomical field.

You tipped up two short price horses to do in a double to make it a decent accumulative price,both duly won and fair play to to you,but then after the races were over you posted that you also had a nice bet on persuasive in a single,this is the fact of the matter.i am sticking to the facts and not getting into a bizarre tit for tat about drinking habits or gastronomical preferences,this just detracts from the point I am making about after timing.i am done with this now because we will just keep going around in circles.

BumperD wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic having a huge impact at utd already.

#weareback :pac:

The real utd are on at 4 o clock today :)
    I have a bad feeling about our coming season,the amount of injuries to key players already is unreal,and being in the Europa up is not gonna help matters either. COYI

You can fool some of the people some of the time,but you can't fool all of the people all of the time

I fully agree, but I was not expecting such eloquence and originality in the same sentence!!.

I fully agree, but I was not expecting such eloquence and originality in the same sentence!!.

Goodman Zimmerman, a bit of light hearted humour from you at last !!!

Why?

BumperD wrote: »
    Goodman Zimmerman, a bit of light hearted humour from you at last !!!
    A feed of raw black puddings has me in good form.

Where's Driodman tonight?????????????????????????????? :D

• Advertisement

Where's Driodman tonight?????????????????????????????? :D

Shut up!!!!!!

Advertisement