Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ground Anchor

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Haha, thats it, I give up, I'm unlocking everything and leaving the keys in the ignition. :)

haha - just pm your address and I'll keep it safe for you :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Haha, thats it, I give up, I'm unlocking everything and leaving the keys in the ignition. :)
    Do you have anything on the front wheel? Id stick the u-lock on the front rather than have 3 on the back. That chain around the seat along with the chain on the anchor should keep you sorted.
    The_Chap wrote: »
    I always found it best to ring them - I could pick one up and bring back for you as I'm over there for a couple of weeks with the car, back on 16th

;)

I ordered 2 chains before (5m in total, 3 locks) and it weighed a tonne! They rang me at the time and gave me free shipping! I reckon I'll give them a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I would imagine a 3 m lenght of Almax chain would be a tad on the expensive side compared to the crane chain! As Z said earlier, its only a deterrent

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cienciano wrote: »
    Parking the bike in Finglas sometimes, I need something good
    You need an armed guard!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Zascar wrote: »
    You need an army!! :pac:

fixed that for you there :D

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Do you have anything on the front wheel

I ordered 2 chains before (5m in total, 3 locks) and it weighed a tonne! They rang me at the time and gave me free shipping! I reckon I'll give them a bell

Yep
    6VPSXre.jpg

Zascar wrote: »
    You need an armed guard!! :pac:

It's fairly hidden, in a yard, but I know what they're like. Especially if they see you driving it in and know it's there

I live in Finglas and I've only ever had one bike stolen from me and that was by the lads from Ballymun, I really don't understand why its got such a bad rep!
    Oh :(

I live in Finglas and I've only ever had one bike stolen from me and that was by the lads from Ballymun, I really don't understand why its got such a bad rep!
    Oh :(

I was just about to ask where you live with all those locks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The point of the Almax chains is that they are not hardened past the first couple of mm on the outside. You wouldn't be hanging loads off them as they would suck at that.

The soft metal on the inside makes cutting them difficult but would distort the chain with a hanging load over time.

The hard metal of normal chains makes things like both cutters work better, as the metal is fragile and in essence snaps when placed under a large load in a small area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement