Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

8-10 wrote: »
    Dzeko v Giroud is wrecking my head! Thoughts?

Yeah need to make a decision on this myself. Have Giroud in at the minute, but not really sure why. I don't think there's much difference between the two. I'll definitely have either Sanchez or Ramsey (another decision to be made!), so I might go with Dzeko, as I've no other City players. I don't place a huge amount of value in 'coverage', but something has to decide this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Here's a nice overview of all the teams ingoing and outgoing players so far before things kick off, not too much most didn't know already about the big signings of the summer but a bit more information on the newly promoted sides.

http://www.sportinglife.com/other-sports/news/article/321/9414958/-

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How do you all see the Chelsea defence shaping up? I need to find £0.5m and the one (and probably only) way I can do it while still being reasonably happy is to go Terry to Luis.

I'm just worried he won't play almost every week even though I should not really be concerned that a club spending £16m on a 29 year old won't play him. Jose also said the below:
    “We needed a pure left-back, a real left-back… We always felt that Filipe was a very stable player and one which gave us multi-solutions because I can play Azpi right-back and Ivanovic centre-back because of Filipe”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Yeah need to make a decision on this myself. Have Giroud in at the minute, but not really sure why. I don't think there's much difference between the two. I'll definitely have either Sanchez or Ramsey (another decision to be made!), so I might go with Dzeko, as I've no other City players. I don't place a huge amount of value in 'coverage', but something has to decide this for me.

Just remembered why I had Giroud in: Dzeko has a nasty enough first 5 fixtures, playing Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in their first 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    How do you all see the Chelsea defence shaping up? I need to find £0.5m and the one (and probably only) way I can do it while still being reasonably happy is to go Terry to Luis.

I'm just worried he won't play almost every week even though I should not really be concerned that a club spending £16m on a 29 year old won't play him. Jose also said the below:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/08/04/the-community-round-up-52/?hc_page=13#hc_comment_775025

Struggling with the same decision and am on Azpi because I think Luis and Ivan at fullbacks wouldn't offer enough defensive coverage. But that might only worry Mourinho against the big sides which they conveniently don't play early on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Mourinho had no problem dropping Casillas, so we know he doesn't do sentiment. I'm confident Cech will drop out; Courtois is the better keeper. When they signed Luis I thought it'd be Ivanovic to go, but now I'm not so sure. I was looking and while Ivanovic was always a beast in the air, during Mourinho's two seasons he's won a lot more headers per game, which may suggest it's from tactical usage. It made me wonder whether Mourinho would be happy going with Azpi (tiny) and Luis (wins even fewer headers per game than Azpi) as his two FBs. So I think I'm going with Courtois.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

I just downloaded Fantasy Football Hub for iOS. It looks a bit crap but its the only one ive come across so far. Looking for a good iPhone free app for the new season

Hey, sorry to hijack this thread but I am the developer of Fantasy Football Hub and am currently rewriting the app from scratch to make it a bit nicer on the eye and also hugely improve performance. I will be releasing this after the first gameweek so that I can fully test latest points, leagues, etc. The app will remain free and I will also be removing the full screen ads. I added new screenshots to the "Fantasy Football Hub for iPhone" facebook page last night for anyone who is interested

I'm also releasing a free android version of the app around the same time.

Apologies if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, please remove if it isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kmcattack wrote: »
    Hey, sorry to hijack this thread but I am the developer of Fantasy Football Hub and am currently rewriting the app from scratch to make it a bit nicer on the eye and also hugely improve performance. I will be releasing this after the first gameweek so that I can fully test latest points, leagues, etc. The app will remain free and I will also be removing the full screen ads. I added new screenshots to the "Fantasy Football Hub for iPhone" facebook page last night for anyone who is interested

Apologies if this isn't an appropriate place to post this, please remove if it isn't

Nice one! Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

kmcattack wrote: »

Fair play, hope it works out!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,187 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SlickRic wrote: »

Central position in midfield would indicate to me the below:

Fabregas Matic

Player X - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

Player X could be any one of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is joey barton a nailed on starter for qpr?

MR NINE wrote: »

Should be, and should take corners and free kicks. Him and Hoilett both good 5.0m options in midfield to start the season IMO

He had 14 yellows last season I think, main downside to Barton. Scored well in fantasy in previous years though

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MR NINE wrote: »

Yeah he's definitely gonna start barring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Will Davies start for Spurs?

frimpong wrote: »

I'm not sure. I'd love to be going with Davies and Terry but might go Azpilicueta and Vertonghen instead because of uncertainty of Davies. Vert is a certainty right....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

I wonder what price Mangala (Man City) will be.

I don't suppose he'll be a cheap(er) way into their defence?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Naughton should start the first three GWs at least with Walker injured and is only 4.5m. Seems to be a bit of a card magnet though

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Anyone going for Baines? Takes penalties/free-kicks/corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Too expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

roryc wrote: »
    Too expensive

True. Although I think people are forgetting Everton had 15 clean sheets last season, only 1 less then Chelsea.

Irish94 wrote: »

Tried to fit him in but I think Chelsea cover is more important early on. Can't have both realistically

Too expensive currently but could become a good option in a few weeks/months if his price drops.

Anyone know the extent of Albrighton's injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'll probably get him in later in the season but not at the start, take a look at Evertons fixtures - they have Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United in their first 7 games!

tom_k wrote: »
    I wonder what price Mangala (Man City) will be.

I don't suppose he'll be a cheap(er) way into their defence?

6m I'd say.

Anyone know the extent of Albrighton's injury?

Major doubt for their opener.

https://twitter.com/physioroom/status/498759177100349440

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Callum Chambers at 4.5 for Arsenal worth a punt?

Man of the Match yesterday in the Community Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Callum Chambers at 4.5 for Arsenal worth a punt?

Man of the Match yesterday in the Community Shield

For a week or 2 yep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    For a week or 2 yep.

Til Mertesacker returns?

Advertisement