Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Will Giroud start the 1st game for Arsenal or is Alexis going in forward position ?
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Wenger said Giroud struggled last weekend in their friendly but we'll have a better idea after the Community Shield.

It will put a major spanner in the works if Sanchez is going to be playing up front in a CF position for those of us that have opted for Ramsey instead.

Get the finger out Giroud ffs!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

C'mon Sánchez my boy! Get in to that CF role and let me stomp these Ramsey kids! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Arsenal with a trip to turkey between gw 1 and gw 2

That would probably be advantage Ramsey considering his fitness/stamina but it also raises questions over Arsenal in general early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm still expecting Sanchez to play on the wing till Walcott is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That would probably be advantage Ramsey considering his fitness/stamina but it also raises questions over Arsenal in general early on.

It does lots of players that made the knockout stages of the world cup and then having to play 5 games in 14 days when most other teams have 3.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have a decent idea of how Newcastle are likely to line-up at the back??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

It does lots of players that made the knockout stages of the world cup and then having to play 5 games in 14 days when most other teams have 3.

spurs have a trip to Cyprus now too. think I'll give Ben Davies a miss until their team settles down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Can't quite put my finger on why I'm uncertain over Eriksen.

Anyone else reluctant to fork out 8 mil for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,150 ✭✭✭✭km79

oh jeez I forgot I had him as well! defo not going with 2 spurs first few games. prob will go with eriksen though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

He's class and will be on all set pieces besides penalites. Only troubling thing is Lamela but that would be good for assist potential. Anyone have a stat for points per match he started last season? Must be quite high

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Is this defence too weak?

Terry/Davies/Taylor(swa)/Cameron(sto)/(4.0m)

Gatame wrote: »
    Is this defence too weak?

Terry/Davies/Taylor(swa)/Cameron(sto)/(4.0m)

Looks solid to me and similar to what most will have! its still out to be seen whether Cameron is going to be a regular starter though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

He's class and will be on all set pieces besides penalites. Only troubling thing is Lamela but that would be good for assist potential. Anyone have a stat for points per match he started last season? Must be quite high

According to this: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/08/08/great-expectations-christian-eriksen/
    he averaged 6.4 points per game, for the last 18 games of the season (Obviously the first half of the season wasn't nearly so good). Hazard averaged 5.8ppg for the season as a whole, just to illustrate how good Eriksen was for the second half of the season.

For some reason I was uneasy about putting him in too, but looking at the stats in that article I'm happy to go with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

he averaged 6.4 points per game, for the last 18 games of the season (Obviously the first half of the season wasn't nearly so good). Hazard averaged 5.8ppg for the season as a whole, just to illustrate how good Eriksen was for the second half of the season.

For some reason I was uneasy about putting him in too, but looking at the stats in that article I'm happy to go with him.

ha ha, i'm literally only after closing that article about 10 minutes ago and have been looking on FPL since to see if I can free up 2.0 mil to get him in for Siggy, it'd mean getting rid of a premium defender from a defence that is already pretty poor so I'll have to have a good think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

According to this: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/08/08/great-expectations-christian-eriksen/

My gut wants to go with Lamela but also just read that article and having doubts. Will be watching their final friendly with interest.

Hogey007 wrote: »

ha ha, i'm literally only after closing that article about 10 minutes ago and have been looking on FPL since to see if I can free up 2.0 mil to get him in for Siggy, it'd mean getting rid of a premium defender from a defence that is already pretty poor so I'll have to have a good think.

I think I'm going with a 5 man midfield, with Siggy AND Eriksen! Problem solved!

FHFC wrote: »
    My gut wants to go with Lamela but also just read that article and having doubts. Will be watching their final friendly with interest.

Yeah, I know he's doing well in pre-season, but Lamela only scored 14 points last season. If I'm going to spend 8.0m on someone, then they have to have performed at some point in real games. Eriksen was brilliant at the end of last season, so I'm going with him. I've learned the hard way not to read too much into preseason games. And if Lamela is performing WAY better than Eriksen, they are similarly priced, so it should be an easy enough switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Sanchez and Sigurdsson or Ramsey and Eriksen..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think I'm going with a 5 man midfield, with Siggy AND Eriksen! Problem solved!
    That's what I've got: Cesc, Ramsey, Mata, Eriksen, Siggy

That's what I've got: Cesc, Ramsey, Mata, Eriksen, Siggy

Ditto, except I have Sanchez instead of Ramsey.

• Advertisement

Hazard/Ramsey/Sterling/Erikson/Siggy Here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Whats the best app to use for FF folks? For picking teams, making transfers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

KevIRL wrote: »

I also want to know this, iPhone user.

Last season I used iFantasyFootball (iFF) but wasn't great at all. Would be very interested in a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fantasy football manager or Differential FPL for a small fee but looks pretty good.

Android user.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MagicIRL wrote: »
    C'mon Sánchez my boy! Get in to that CF role and let me stomp these Ramsey kids! :pac:

Ramsey and Sanchez will interchange the CF position

Have both:cool:

I used Differential FPL last year. Great app, think a few on here got it after I recommended on an image earlier thread and seemed happy with it. Think its £1.

Is costa nailed on for the immediate future?

Considering Rooney/Giroud/Hazard/Bojan(Who won't be played very much)
    Rooney/Costa/Mata/Zamora(Who won't be played very often.

My midfield is Eriksen/Siggy/Hazard/Ramsey/Sterling atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

BBC are reporting that Spurs are in for USA right back DeAndre Yedlin. I'm not gonna lie but he could be the next you know who after Yedlin up and down that right wing against Belgium in the WC. Only reports yet so I'll try not to get carried away :)

BBC are reporting that Spurs are in for USA right back DeAndre Yedlin. I'm not gonna lie but he could be the next you know who after Yedlin up and down that right wing against Belgium in the WC. Only reports yet so I'll try not to get carried away :)

Pun potential too! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They're saying he'll probably stay in mls till december .

Advertisement