Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Phew, I was wondering who I would Captain most weeks now that Suarez is gone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Borini out and Remy in with £6 million in change is unbelievable.

Liverpool are doing some business to make a profit on a signing I'd always seen as a huge flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Liverpool are doing some business to make a profit on a signing I'd always seen as a huge flop.

Indeed, Hope Remy does sign as I would see him as a starter for Liverpool, a real good finisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Indeed, Hope Remy does sign as I would see him as a starter for Liverpool, a real good finisher.

I could see him starting from a wide position rather than centrally. With suarez gone I can see rodgers moving away from playing 2 up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RE: FF Scout subscription.

I was hoping when I saw the 'projection' option that they would offer some sort of pre-kick off projections on how they think players will fare this year. The option is there on the members screen, but blank at the minute. Do they fill it with content at some stage during the summer or is it a during the season thing? It would be very interesting to see how many of the players I have they reckon will do well.

If they do offer pre-season projections, can anyone who was a member last year remember off the top of their head how their projections worked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I could see him starting from a wide position rather than centrally. With suarez gone I can see rodgers moving away from playing 2 up front

I'd agree. Sturridge will be through the middle. Remy out wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I disagree. Pick 3 from Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, you could also throw in Lambert. And Remy of course. There could be a lot of rotation. If Remy DOES become a regular starter in PL games, then yes 7.5M is an absolute steal for your fpl setup. But it's a BIG if, i.m.o.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Paully D wrote: »
    RE: FF Scout subscription.

I was hoping when I saw the 'projection' option that they would offer some sort of pre-kick off projections on how they think players will fare this year. The option is there on the members screen, but blank at the minute. Do they fill it with content at some stage during the summer or is it a during the season thing? It would be very interesting to see how many of the players I have they reckon will do well.

If they do offer pre-season projections, can anyone who was a member last year remember off the top of their head how their projections worked out?

Yea they will do projections. I didnt keep any records of how accurate they were last year but I wouldnt read too much into them as the are just based on historical data. They're handy for checking if new players are 1st choice I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

De Gea

Shaw
    Debuchy
    Terry

Ozil
    Mirallas
    Silva
    Sterling

Bony
    Giroud
    Remy

Subs

Myhill
    Rossenior
    Davis
    O Shea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lot of talk on here of Targett (Sou) as being the next big thing for Southampton. Would people not think Clyne and Chambers will be their two starting fullbacks?

For any Livepool fans, Luis Enrique is back soon, would people think he's likely to go back in the team ahead of Flanagan?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I'm just back in after a summer getaway from FF - is there a danger with our new league set up that we will largely break into 4 groups of 20 with communications confined within each group? (yes jealously directed towards those in the premier league - shower of b@$+ards)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Looks like Andre Wisdom to WBA is done for people looking at 4.0m defenders
    Meanwhile, Liverpool defender Andre Wisdom is set to join West Bromwich Albion on loan.
    After watching the 21-year-old play in the Reds' 2-1 pre-season friendly win at Preston on Saturday, manager Brendan Rodgers said: "West Brom are an excellent club and and it will be another chance for Andre's education and development to continue."
    Wisdom had a successful loan spell at Derby in the Championship last season.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28385300
    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lot of talk on here of Targett (Sou) as being the next big thing for Southampton. Would people not think Clyne and Chambers will be their two starting fullbacks?
    That's who Koeman picked their first friendly, but maybe Targett will impress in preseason and he won't want to play a RB out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Apologies if this has already been discussed but I'm just back in after a summer getaway from FF - is there a danger with our new league set up that we will largely break into 4 groups of 20 with communications confined within each group? (yes jealously directed towards those in the premier league - shower of b@$+ards)

I already have u on ignore ha ha. In all seriousness I wouldn't think so and certainly hope that's not the case. There are great posters throughout the leagues and people in the lower leagues that have a much better history in the game than people in the premier league I'd imagine. After all if we did this last year the layout of the leagues would be so different. Personally the leagues will be a bit of fun but I won't be paying too much attention to them the aim remains the same get a good overall ranking and win my mini leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

First few positions are already nailed on in my team for this year

Bssw16iIUAE3jjx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was actually the entire plan, separate the elite from the peasants

For any Livepool fans, Luis Enrique is back soon, would people think he's likely to go back in the team ahead of Flanagan?

My guess is Flano will be first choice right back ahead of Johnson. Left back will be fought out between Enrique and whichever left back Liverpool sign (possibly Moreno)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Is it worth getting the season membership for FantasyFootballScout.co.uk?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jose Enrique! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is it worth getting the season membership for FantasyFootballScout.co.uk?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Depends how much time you are going to put into it ,if you are using the site a good bit anyway it is ,if you are not going to be putting That time in ,not Really

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I can't believe Ffs do not have a mobile friendly site in this day & age.

I do 90% of my browsing on mobiles and it's a nightmare looking at stats and such on their site this way.

8-10 wrote: »
    Jose Enrique! :P

Juan Sheet

Ben Davies on his way to Spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

what striker for 6.5m is the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Read that Chelsea's Salah was ordered to return to Egypt for 3 years military service.

Ings I reckon. Will be the main man in Vokes' absence and should be on penos. Had been following him all last season as I had a bet on him being Championship top scorer and he was excellent, pure goalscorer.

Plus I think he's only 6.0m so you get 0.5 to use elsewhere! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

8-10 wrote: »
    Ings I reckon. Will be the main man in Vokes' absence and should be on penos. Had been following him all last season as I had a bet on him being Championship top scorer and he was excellent, pure goalscorer.

Plus I think he's only 6.0m so you get 0.5 to use elsewhere! :)
    What about Austin, would you mind rating my team I just posted in the rate my team thread

What about Austin, would you mind rating my team I just posted in the rate my team thread

Will do in a sec, but to answer your question in this thread I rate Austin very highly as a goalscorer since he was at Burnley himself, and I think he's probably going to be on penos also.

So actually I think you're probably right, Austin is the better option, I think it's a toss up on potential points-scoring, but QPR's opening fixtures are better IMO which gives the advantage to Austin. Reason I hadn't been considering him is that I have no idea how many players Harry will bring in so his place in the team is maybe slightly more uncertain than Ings', he should be starting for sure but you just never know with Harry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Who is your 5th midfielder? I think I'll be picking a 5th midfielder/3rd striker that rotate well with each other:
    Utd city
    liverpool everton
    hull burnley
    arsenal spurs
    stoke swansea
    newcastle sunderland
    palace west ham
    leicester southampton
    Villa west brom
    Chelsea Qpr

I like Arfield @ 5.0 (Burnley) / Jelavic @ 6.0 (Hull). Wickham and Austin both look ok at 6.0 too.

Advertisement