Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Championship Signup Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Team Name : The Gooners

I.d. : 556872

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Alan McCarthy, you're the one person left who I don't know who is. Post in here, PM me (or even someone PM me or post on his behalf letting me know who he is) or we have to give you the boot at midnight tomorrow.

Otherwise there's just 2 people now who have left to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Alan McCarthy, you're the one person left who I don't know who is. Post in here, PM me (or even someone PM me or post on his behalf letting me know who he is) or we have to give you the boot at midnight tomorrow.

Otherwise there's just 2 people now who have left to sign up.

I checked my spreadsheet from setting up the PreQual League and that guys boards name is TaytoCrisps.

FHFC wrote: »
    I checked my spreadsheet from setting up the PreQual League and that guys boards name is TaytoCrisps.

Fair play and the guy from League 1 is SantryRed correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fair play and the guy from League 1 is SantryRed correct?

Will email you the sheet, would probably come in handy for you.

• Advertisement

2 places to claim here still. If nothing in the next 22 minutes Benimar and The Neon Knight will be getting 24 hours to take their place in the Championship.

PMs sent to Benimar and The Neon Knight so assuming they join the league, leave League 1, and post here by 00:45 tomorrow night, we've got a full league.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

PMs sent to Benimar and The Neon Knight so assuming they join the league, leave League 1, and post here by 00:45 tomorrow night, we've got a full league.

Joined up, left League 1, so Championship here I come!

Bunch of Goons

Benimar wrote: »
    Joined up, left League 1, so Championship here I come!

Bunch of Goons
    Welcome!!!

Just waiting on The Neon Knight, G1032 next in line if an opportunity arises.

G1032, be ready, place will be on offer to you in one hour.

Pm won't be sent til I get home from Galway though!! Still 75 km from Dublin!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hope he misses the cut as well..... Hoping against hope?

dahat wrote: »
    Hope he misses the cut as well..... Hoping against hope?

Wouldn't say that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I just need one to miss the cut, right? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'd say you'll need more than one to miss the cut.
    Keep offering promotion until someone in Championship accepts.
    Extremely unlikely a whole division would miss the PM/deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

F1ngers wrote: »

Mr.Burns' softball team says hello :D

"Unless, of course, my nine all-stars fall victim to nine separate misfortunes and are unable to play tomorrow. But that will never happen. Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunes, there's an outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that!"

F1ngers wrote: »

in relation to me making it in Div 2. CSF knows what i'm talkin' about

manual_man wrote: »
    I just need one to miss the cut, right? :o

You need one of the backups. Not guys who are already in!!!

Grand so the place passes on, pm to be sent shortly

You need one of the backups. Not guys who are already in!!!

Alright ok just confusin' myself ha. But if you have all the details of all the "confirmed" members so far, is it not a straightforward case of bumping up the highest scoring ones who qualified for the below division to take the absentees place?

manual_man wrote: »
    Alright ok just confusin' myself ha. But if you have all the details of all the "confirmed" members so far, is it not a straightforward case of bumping up the highest scoring ones who qualified for the below division to take the absentees place?
    No, I can't physically move people between their leagues unfortunately. They have to do it themselves.

Would be so much easier if I could do that.

• Advertisement

PM sent to G1032.

Dahat will be next in line if there is nothing done by 01:35 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks. All done.

Diego Costa Lot

Ok, the 20 teams for the FSA Championship have been set and are

Lucas Hood
    TaytoCrisps
    KevIRL
    greensausage
    Decoda
    bo-sco
    kevinroche3333
    tom k
    skippy15
    Hogey007
    Santi101
    Who 8 Paul?
    Aha Shake
    Fizman
    dasa29
    Easy Rod
    remoteboy
    Local Chap
    Benimar
    G1032

Top 3 upto the Premier Division
    Bottom 3 down to League 1

Attrition will work in the same way as the rules posted in the FSA Premier League signup thread

Best of luck to all involved.

Work to begin on filling up League 1 shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks CSF. Looking forward to this. Gonna be very tough gaining promotion from this............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Right, I have missed the cut and lost my place in this league:(

Firstly I didn't realise there would be a deadline as I am not often on boards outside of the soccer season & I didn't see it mentioned when this was being set up at the end of last season.

As soon as I did log in I saw the pm and joined the league only to see that there was already 20 teams there.

I play FF every year (can easily be seen from my history) & the start of August is normally when I start taking an interest.

I'm here now, have my provisional team picked since last week. Plenty of time before kick off. It's hardly fair that I can not take the place that I earned last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Right, I have missed the cut and lost my place in this league:(

Firstly I didn't realise there would be a deadline as I am not often on boards outside of the soccer season & I didn't see it mentioned when this was being set up at the end of last season.

As soon as I did log in I saw the pm and joined the league only to see that there was already 20 teams there.

I play FF every year (can easily be seen from my history) & the start of August is normally when I start taking an interest.

I'm here now, have my provisional team picked since last week. Plenty of time before kick off. It's hardly fair that I can not take the place that I earned last season?

CSF said the deadline would be August 1st
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057114533

Yup, I do sympathise with the guy's situation though. I'd be raged if it was me.

But the rules were made clear from the very inception of the idea, and they're not just rules for the sake of rules. I had to do it that way to make sure the thing went smoothly for everyone (the signups still haven't properly finished).

My hope is that after year 1, people will be better prepared for how the thing works and next year we get 80 out of 80 meeting the deadline instead of 74.

There'll be a qualifying league to make League 2 next year, if the guy still wishes to enter, obviously I completely understand if he doesn't after being in the Championship and it now being gone.

I understand that & I am 2 days late. I obviously missed that post or forgot about it.
    Like I mentioned I wasn't keeping track of this forum outside the season & only checked into boards after I saw the email from the premier league telling me it was back on. This is probably similar situation for the other 5 who missed the deadline.

CSF has said the signups aren't finished yet so there should still be plenty of time imo to put it right?

I understand that & I am 2 days late. I obviously missed that post or forgot about it.
    Like I mentioned I wasn't keeping track of this forum outside the season & only checked into boards after I saw the email from the premier league telling me it was back on. This is probably similar situation for the other 5 who missed the deadline.

CSF has said the signups aren't finished yet so there should still be plenty of time imo to put it right?
    Unfortunately not. League 2 filled up today. Nothing that can be done. I do appreciate your situation and that it was an honest oversight on your part but it's now too late to do anything. If only you'd been a few days earlier in noticing.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. League 2 filled up today. Nothing that can be done. I do appreciate your situation and that it was an honest oversight on your part but it's now too late to do anything. If only you'd been a few days earlier in noticing.

Pity but if there's nothing that can be done there's no point prolonging it I guess :( Anyway fair play for putting in all the effort & I know you don't need me hassling you on top of it all.
    I'll be in the FSA (is it still the one Nuri set up or is there another since he is gone?) & boards leagues either way.

Best of luck with it.

To the guy who took my place - don't feckin' waste it!!!

Advertisement