Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League anyone?

Options
  • 31-12-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭

For a while now I've been toying with an idea/project in my head, and with the cup being a success last year (hopefully to be a success again this year) and Champions League, Europa League and even Intertoto taking shape, why not take it up a notch by getting together a FSA League Structure.

The idea is that this Premier League would contain 20 teams (in theory the best 20 regulars this forum has to offer) with relegation to a FSA Championship, a FSA League 1 and an FSA League 2. This would be a head to head system, containing 20 teams in each league, The fixtures and compilation of such wouldn't be done manually. There would be 4 leagues set up and codes would be distributed accordingly based on ranking this year. Top 3 would go up, and bottom 3 would go down from each league (even the bottom league)

For year 1 of the project, the hierarchy would be limited to 4 leagues, and here is why. It is all well and good to get people to volunteer for such a league, but once August comes around, getting people to actually enter the codes for their relevant leagues might be a difficulty. The idea is that I'll be taking signups for entry to the league, with the first 80 being admitted and then ranked based on their score this year. If people are interested in this, I'll be making a thread at 7:30 PM (I'll explain why later) tomorrow evening for signup.

Once the FPL website is set up, I'll be creating 4 leagues, and emailing the relevant codes to the 80 people. They'll have until August 1st to take their place in the league, after which their entry to the league would be cancelled. Any available place would go down the rankings of our 80, with the next ranked players having the opportunity to move up a league into the available places (they'll only have 24 hours to do so). Any remaining places in Division 4 would be made available to the 81st person to sign up and so on and so on. You'd assume that by the time the league starts, after a good bit of admin work on my part, we would have 80 teams ready to go. If we have that with time to spare, we can start looking at FPL League 3 or whatever, but I'm certainly not getting ahead of myself for now. I see August and getting the leagues sorted being a bit of a task.

So assuming there is an interest in this I'll be posting a new thread up for entrys at 7:30 PM after the football ends tomorrow evening, I'm doing it then because I want all the regulars to be in this, and with a full day's football between now and then I know they'll all be on the forum here and see this thread. First 80 to sign up (I'll obviously be entrant number 1) are guaranteed entry, and after that entry will be subject to availability

After an extremely long post (I don't do summarys very well), I'm just looking to see if there is an interest in this, aswell as opinions on what will and won't work.

For those who are planning to enter, you now have a wildcard and 5 months to put yourself in the best position going forward.

CSF.

EDIT: Here is the link to the google document...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&usp=sharing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Great idea.

How many regulars to the forum is there, or is that decided on number of posts to the forum? I know members can see how posts they have posted on a forum, but is there anything on the forum to see the top posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Good idea, count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not particularly into head to head tournaments but this one sounds interesting.

Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I agree, excellent idea and added competition in this forum. Count me in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Great idea.

How many regulars to the forum is there, or is that decided on number of posts to the forum? I know members can see how posts they have posted on a forum, but is there anything on the forum to see the top posters.
    I won't be ruling anyone out based on number of posts or anything, the true regulars (us lads who spend our lives on the internet talking about whether Suarez trained today) will be on this site at some time tomorrow to see if Suarez was seen getting off the team bus, and will know to sign up. Lads who I've come to consider pillars of the forum like Mr Prodston, Lemlin, roryc and others whose posts I like far too much to name (now nobody gets offended), will be queueing up for this thread to open like teenage girls waiting for Bieber tickets to go on sale. Except instead of Bieber you have Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

See ya at 7.30

Damn you, youve just given me my excuse to play this damn game again next year.

FHFC wrote: »
    See ya at 7.30

Damn you, youve just given me my excuse to play this damn game again next year.

TBH, its one of the main things that holds my interest in the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great idea. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭G1032

Excellent idea. Judging by my score so far this year I'll have to come from League 2 to win the Premier league. I have a 4 year plan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

sounds very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Count me in too. Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    TBH, its one of the main things that holds my interest in the EPL.

Yeah, im a League of Irelamd fan, used to follow EPL bg time about 10 years ago but only very casually lately. Till this year when i could name Hull Citys backline! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,081 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Good concept CSF, count me in. Based on my current rank I'll have a battle on my hands to get into the Premier League but I'm up for the challenge!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Haven't posted here much lately, but if ye'll have me, i'd be glad to join. Sounds like a quality idea, and i'm sure getting numbers wouldn't be a problem, for a Premiership and Championship at least. Conference North i'm not so sure

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Count me in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, im a League of Irelamd fan, used to follow EPL bg time about 10 years ago but only very casually lately. Till this year when i could name Hull Citys backline! :)

Exactly how I felt last year, I'd be raving to my mates(mostly non FPL) how Ian Harte should be playing left back for Reading or why Pottechino didn't fancy Jason Puncheon, it's a world gone mad in here:o.

Anyway I think this is great also, I'd love to be involved.

Oh and happy new year to ye all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Count me in also please. First year playing Fantasy Football and although I've hardly posted much, avid reader of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Am I right in thinking if you're in "Division 4" it'll take a minimum of three full sessons to get to Division 1? That's quite a long view to have in this game and I suspect there'll be a lot of attrition.

(Sorry to be such a negative-ninny on new years day)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ah go on sure, be good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,509 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Definitely interested in this. Attrition will be an issue as alchemist says above and will be a good idea to have some strict rules around when you have to be registered in the various H2H league each season or have your place filled by the next person in the ladder

Also if you get more interest than required to fill 4 divisions you could always add a conference, league north/south etc. Once the initial seperation is done and players registered the game takes care of everything else.

Would have no problem in helping with the running of this also as I imagine it will take a few weeks of intensive attention during pre season then after that it will run itself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm interested though not sure I'll be able to get online at 7.30, will try!

KevIRL wrote: »
    Definitely interested in this. Attrition will be an issue as alchemist says above and will be a good idea to have some strict rules around when you have to be registered in the various H2H league each season or have your place filled by the next person in the ladder

Also if you get more interest than required to fill 4 divisions you could always add a conference, league north/south etc. Once the initial seperation is done and players registered the game takes care of everything else.

Would have no problem in helping with the running of this also as I imagine it will take a few weeks of intensive attention during pre season then after that it will run itself

That is the plan yeah. If we get the 80 people to fill the 4 leagues (and I mean actually get them all registered in their correct leagues) then a 5th league would make perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

CSF wrote: »
    That is the plan yeah. If we get the 80 people to fill the 4 leagues (and I mean actually get them all registered in their correct leagues) then a 5th league would make perfect sense

count me in

Am I right in thinking if you're in "Division 4" it'll take a minimum of three full sessons to get to Division 1? That's quite a long view to have in this game and I suspect there'll be a lot of attrition.

(Sorry to be such a negative-ninny on new years day)

Its my 4th year playing already, but I certainly get your point. Suppose if some one does not register an interest at the start of the next season, the next placed team moves up, making space for a new entrant in Div 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great idea CSF, now we will be able to see all, and I mean ALL your transfers :D

PARlance wrote: »
    Great idea CSF, now we will be able to see all, and I mean ALL your transfers :D
    Hahaha, I've only made 1 this week. Discipline:D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Great idea CSF! Count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Count me in. I don't post here as often as I would like but hopefully that will change in the next few weeks

Advertisement