Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFS Hall of Fame Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Don't even want to look after last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rocking in at 17,532nd position. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hmm, at 3,791 after first season. Not really sure what that means though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Down from <250 last year to 705...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

783rd

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Presume you have to sign up to FFS to get this. Which Im considering for the first time. How do they decide the rankings is it based on a set number of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

947 overall :) does it take all players into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Presume you have to sign up to FFS to get this. Which Im considering for the first time. How do they decide the rankings is it based on a set number of years?

I signed up to their membership for the first time. From what I can see if you've been in any of their leagues you are entered into this HOF, even as a non member. I was not a member last year but am in this list.

No idea how they work out the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nope, once you are in their League you are considered.

FAQ:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/05/31/fantasy-football-scout-hall-of-fame-updated-3/
    How is my rating calculated?
    The “HoF Rating” is based on your points scores from previous FPL seasons, with the latest season weighted the heaviest and each corresponding season weighted at roughly 80% that of the previous season. So, in other words, those who performed best in 2013/14 will receive a bigger HoF Rating boost from those who did best in 2006/07. The “HoF Ranking” even allows for those with missing years, adapting the formula accordingly to allow to rank alongside the veterans of the FPL.
    How do I join the Hall of Fame
    Simply sign up to our leagues next season, either the Fantasy Football Scout Classic League or if you’re a member, the Members Classic League – the code will available on the dashboard of the Members Area once the FPL game re-opens for registration.
    How do I find myself in the Hall of Fame?
    The search box at the top of the ranking tables allows you to search by surname or by FPL id.
    What if I don’t want to be listed?
    Either notify us via support@fantasyfootballscout.co.uk or simply leave the Fantasy Football Scout league and you’ll be removed on the next update.
    When does the Hall of Fame get updated?
    The Career table is available to all and is updated at the end of each season to display the latest rankings. The Live version of the Hall of Fame is updated every week to use the latest season data.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Thanks entered that. Looking at my yearly history the first year I played I finished 8k but its not showing up I must have used a different password. The four years that are showing up 11k, 5k, 1k, 50k look forward to see where I am at.

Thanks entered that. Looking at my yearly history the first year I played I finished 8k but its not showing up I must have used a different password. The four years that are showing up 11k, 5k, 1k, 50k look forward to see where I am at.

My first year I played I finished high too but it's not showing because I was in college at the time and used my old student email. Was going to try and dig it out to see if they could add it but can't remember the email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

112th

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How worth the membership is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

1648th

Thats with 13k overall last year and 1 top 400 finish in previous. Two years ago being bad due to not being active years pushed me way down

Finishes
    13123 13/14
    486503. 12/13
    53673 11/12
    39324 10/11
    98579 09/10
    389 08/09
    2853 07/08
    12154 06/07

1648th

Thats with 13k overall last year and 1 top 400 finish in previous. Two years ago being bad due to not being active years pushed me way down

Finishes
    13123 13/14
    486503. 12/13
    53673 11/12
    39324 10/11
    98579 09/10
    389 08/09
    2853 07/08
    12154 06/07

The top 400 finish will count for little as it was in 08/09. The rating system is heavily weighed towards recent seasons.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    112th

You're the highest of the Boardsies so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

CSF wrote: »
    How worth the membership is this?

Well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

KevIRL wrote: »
    Well worth it

What are we paying for mostly? The articles or is there other things?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The top 400 finish will count for little as it was in 08/09. The rating system is heavily weighed towards recent seasons.

Why?

The game is the same every year. By that merit someone who has one good season last year will outrank someone who has five solid years.

Seems silly

• Advertisement

Why?

The game is the same every year. By that merit someone who has one good season last year will outrank someone who has five solid years.

Seems silly

I'd imagine its because recent results are more relevant than previous seasons. You're only as good as last season's score would be one of my mottos.

Lets not forget the game has evolved over the years as well with different bonus systems so recent years are more relevant than previous years.

Here's the explanation from the site:

How is my rating calculated?
    The “HoF Rating” is based on your points scores from previous FPL seasons, with the latest season weighted the heaviest and each corresponding season weighted at roughly 80% that of the previous season. So, in other words, those who performed best in 2013/14 will receive a bigger HoF Rating boost from those who did best in 2006/07. The “HoF Ranking” even allows for those with missing years, adapting the formula accordingly to allow to rank alongside the veterans of the FPL.

Do they update this throughout the season or what way does it work?

Was having a look this morning at some of the top player's teams and noticed I have moved from 246 to 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Why?

Seems silly

It is silly, they are using a weighting system which is more suitable for a sport where players form can decrease as they age. The game might have changed a bit but not enough to justify their weighting system.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Do they update this throughout the season or what way does it work?

Was having a look this morning at some of the top player's teams and noticed I have moved from 246 to 120.

There is a live ranking table they use which they update periodically throughout the season as far as I'm aware.

Only signed up to FFS this year so only seeing my ranking now 294. Couldve been a bit higher as I had an 8k finish under another account in my first year playing 5 years back.

Only signed up to FFS this year so only seeing my ranking now 294. Couldve been a bit higher as I had an 8k finish under another account in my first year playing 5 years back.

You don't need to be signed up to FFS to be part of the Hall of Fame. You just need to enter their league.

I've never signed up as a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Up to 2720th after my last year's 1663rd finish :D.
    Can't really remember where I was last year... My >1M ranking for my GW11 starting first season will prob continue to drag me down for a couple more seasons :P...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

463rd. Would be nice to improve on it again this year.

They seem to be updating this. I'm now at 130. Would love to get a decent finish this year and break the top 100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Two lads I know are at 16 and 42 in the current list. Their consistency is scary. I am in 1642....but on the up!

Advertisement